• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castle |OT| It is okay to have a man-crush on Nathan Fillion

Okay, so now the amnesia stuff is actually getting fascinating. That whole thing about the reason he became a writer. I'm intrigued.

I remember and old episode where Castle had a dark moment and reminisced about finding the dead body of a friend when he was a child as what set him off to become a writer, but clearly it's something even darker.

PepperedHam

So happy this seemingly has nothing to do with Beckett's fucking mother again. All I can think about before the season premiered was that Bracken was coming back or he was working things from the inside to get back to Beckett.

THANK. FUCK.

I really despised that storyline and every time something about her mother came up and everything got so serious I would cringe, despite loving this show and the character's that drive it. I'm so pleased there is a Richard Castle subplot to drive this season forward and up to this point I'm really enjoying it.

Lenardo

Banned
So happy this seemingly has nothing to do with Beckett's fucking mother again. All I can think about before the season premiered was that Bracken was coming back or he was working things from the inside to get back to Beckett.

THANK. FUCK.

I really despised that storyline and every time something about her mother came up and everything got so serious I would cringe, despite loving this show and the character's that drive it. I'm so pleased there is a Richard Castle subplot to drive this season forward and up to this point I'm really enjoying it.

beckett's mothers story line is over FINISHED. resolved.
bracken has been arrested.

look up veritas deleted scene:

PUTS AWAY THE RING FOR GOOD..IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE DAMN EPISODE!!!!

Karak

The first episode is some of the worst writing and acting I have seen. Totally changing character attitudes and suddenly everyone is far more stupid than they normally are. Its patently redamndiculas right now.

Edit: I do have to agree with others its nice to have a Castle plot actually and I would like to see many more.

The more supernatural stuff the better. :)

But I must say, the video game stuff was embarrassing. That TeraQuest game was so obviously fake. Why couldn't they just pay a publisher to briefly use one of their games ? It would have been the perfect timing for Activision to let NBC use Destiny. It would have been great publicity.

Beckett is so beautiful, and Canadian, we were meant to be.

Also now that I am caught up, any other shows similar to Castle? Doesn't have to be a cop drama I am more interested in the characters and relationships and an ongoing story line. I tried bones yesterday but the first 3 episodes don't have any on going plot, maybe it gets better.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
The more supernatural stuff the better. :)

But I must say, the video game stuff was embarrassing. That TeraQuest game was so obviously fake. Why couldn't they just pay a publisher to briefly use one of their games ? It would have been the perfect timing for Activision to let NBC use Destiny. It would have been great publicity.
Haha, that was so embarrassing. Graphics from 1992 or something, LOL.

Also now that I am caught up, any other shows similar to Castle? Doesn't have to be a cop drama I am more interested in the characters and relationships and an ongoing story line. I tried bones yesterday but the first 3 episodes don't have any on going plot, maybe it gets better.
The Mentalist.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I will check it out, thanks.

If you're going to watch that then you should watch the original and infinitely better version of that concept: Psych. A fake psychic and his best friend solve crimes while arguing, calling each other names and making 80's references.

Beckett is so beautiful, and Canadian, we were meant to be.

Keep going with Bones. Castle didn't have any plot until the end of the first season. Bones has way more plot than Castle at the end of the day. They don't want until the beginning and end of seasons like Castle to let anything happen too.

Lenardo

Banned
last night's episode reminded me of one's from season 2-4.

better dialogue, better banter, they looked like they were having FUN together.

which imo is the fault of the scripts and director on how they are supposed to ACT.

one bad thing to me was the very END..

if i was CASTLE and she is"going to get changed into something sexy"

i'm not lying on my bed fully clothed in BOOTS.

i'm ripping my clothes off AFAP...starting with the boots.

a better scene would have been castle shirt off untying his boots to be able to take pants off then looking up at her when she comes out of the bathroom....alas i don't run the show/do scripts...

at least the other bedroom scene, it showed passion.

Joni

Plot was a bit predictable, especially the invisibility cloak. Called it from the start. The fake video game looks like the most free-2-play game ever. The actual research into the killer always seem to jump from here to there without actual clues.

The Mentalist relies way more on the procedural stuff though, and the main story gets dragged for like six or seven seasons. I tried to watch it and absolutely hated it.
But Lisbon-Jane is so cute!

Savitar

Why would anyone want to see that.

Now if you said the actress playing Beckett....

Only recently gotten into this show but pretty far into it's run.

Today saw the episode that had one crazy guy killing a few people and another guy saying he was from the future.

A few weeks back involved big foot.

I'm a bit amazed they actually do these things and I love it.

The guy that was dead on the floor.

No... Laney said he had no injuries on his body except the killing blow, and they speculated that he had been torturing someone who then escaped and killed him.

I don't recall them expounding on that at all. I guess maybe it had been the killer?

Edit: but that wouldn't make sense. Why would that guy have been torturing the killer?

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
I figured.... he worked for the mob, he tortured people. But yea, that was dumb.

In fact this season is kind of dumb.

Lenardo

Banned
It actually was a decent case last monday

note: Castle no longer has 22 episodes this season. ABC just ordered a bunch of new episodes from various shows; Castle was included in that order, so they are up to 23 this season.

ratings wise, castle is their 2nd highest rated/viewed Scripted drama... (how to get away with murder is doing better) and of all their scripted shows, just HTGAWM and modern family are doing better viewership wise...

so unless nathan/stana do not get new contracts(their contracts expire after this season) renewal is pretty much guaranteed -at least so far this year.

Joni

note: Castle no longer has 22 episodes this season. ABC just ordered a bunch of new episodes from various shows; Castle was included in that order, so they are up to 23 this season.

ratings wise, castle is their 2nd highest rated/viewed Scripted drama... (how to get away with murder is doing better) and of all their scripted shows, just HTGAWM and modern family are doing better viewership wise...

so unless nathan/stana do not get new contracts(their contracts expire after this season) renewal is pretty much guaranteed -at least so far this year.

Castle got a 1.5 this week. I haven't seen this weeks numbers for Shondaday, but Grey's Anatomy and Scandal are also higher than Castle in demo. Once Upon A Time was too. And while it is probably safe for renewal, Fillion did cause problems last time by demanding a four day work week and even skipping a day of wrk.

No... Laney said he had no injuries on his body except the killing blow, and they speculated that he had been torturing someone who then escaped and killed him.

I don't recall them expounding on that at all. I guess maybe it had been the killer?

Edit: but that wouldn't make sense. Why would that guy have been torturing the killer?

Thank you. I was having trouble remembering.

Oh, they will get new contracts, and probably healthy raises as well.

beckett's mothers story line is over FINISHED. resolved.
bracken has been arrested.

look up veritas deleted scene:

PUTS AWAY THE RING FOR GOOD..IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE DAMN EPISODE!!!!

Don't take deleted scenes as cannon. I remember that L&O Criminal Intent had a deleted scene with the confirmed death of one of the long time Villeins only to have them show up again later.

Lenardo

Banned
marlowe and amann(new show runner) have both said... RESOLVED.

Bracken got arrested-on national TV no less- and is in jail currently, they got -apparently- all his records as well to destroy his drug/money laundering network.

so while the deleted scene is not canon perse. there should not be any cases involving beckett's mother's case, UNLESS they do the trial.

i still say it should have been in the episode. it was a very touching scene, full of emotion.

oh anyone notice one of the complaints about beckett from last year is basically resolved

ie the lack of her wearing the ring... so far she has been wearing while -not- at work, unlike last season where she rarely wore it.

Castle Skews older(saw a report that the average age viewer on castle was like 55+) on the Demo Rating, while the demo is low, the viewership is high. viewership wise, it goes, dancing with the stars, modern family, HTGAWM and then Castle.

I mean, I love Castle and all, but I'm kind of ready for it to end. It's just kind of been skating along for a couple seasons now.

I was on a plane a couple months ago and like, TBS or something had reruns of the first or second season. That was a laugh a minute, or at least tons of fun. I didn't notice it change as I watched the show, but going back to older episodes now is very noticeable.

Lenardo

Banned
from what i have seen this season i think they are trying to bring back more of the tone of season's 2-3 for the episodes this season.

their clothing has reverted somewhat to season 2-3-hell nathan looks better than he has in 3 years.
their banter has increased etc.

so far- except for the first two (granted been only 4 episodes) the tone of the episodes has been reminiscent of season 2 and 3...montreal was as well though more limited.

Kryten

Just caught up on last weeks episode. I'm probably reading way too much into it, but it seemed like there could have been more to Kate's nausea at the crime scene where the third body was found, it seemed like they were playing it up a bit and Espo was looking slightly askew at her. Combine it with the food reaction from the opening scene etc.

Like I said, I'm seeing what I want to see :)

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Just caught up on last weeks episode. I'm probably reading way too much into it, but it seemed like there could have been more to Kate's nausea at the crime scene where the third body was found, it seemed like they were playing it up a bit and Espo was looking slightly askew at her. Combine it with the food reaction from the opening scene etc.

Like I said, I'm seeing what I want to see :)

Well the guy from the future did say they'd have 3 kids...

The songified video at the end was surprisingly well-done. You'd think that when TV touches anything related to the Internet, they'd fail miserably. They didn't in this case.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
The songified video at the end was surprisingly well-done. You'd think that when TV touches anything related to the Internet, they'd fail miserably. They didn't in this case.
Yeah, I could totally see some sort of viral marketing scheme doing a song like that, haha. Reminds me of the Picard Song. And that girl doing those one-liner photo reviews suddenly becoming absurdly popular sounds like something that could happen (far, far stranger things have happened on the internet).

The only really groanworthy moment was at that Instagram Snappomatic moment where they couldn't trace the uploads and then everything got shut down. *eyeroll* So dumb. If you want to say you can't trace the IPs, just say "eh, uploader hides behind 25 proxies, nothing we can do", don't make up some technobabble that will make every techie's eyes roll out of their sockets. I guess it's more dramatic with every computer shutting down for no reason though. :p

You guys. Help.

For some ungodly reason, Monday Night Football is on ABC in my area tonight so Castle isn't going to air.

I don't have Hulu and I don't have satellite. Do I have any other legal options to watch it?

You guys. Help.

For some ungodly reason, Monday Night Football is on ABC in my area tonight so Castle isn't going to air.

I don't have Hulu and I don't have satellite. Do I have any other legal options to watch it?
It will be on demand and on ABC.com tomorrow. If you are with a providing cable provider.

Jesus fucking Christ, they drag it out that long and then do it on that shitty green screen?

Location shooting is expensive and it was location heavy at the start of the season.

I dug this ep and I like that the writers aren't afraid to commit to some out there concepts. Like the Time Travel ep, they left this one a bit ambiguous as to whether or not it "really" happened. Good stuff.

Sloane

Banned
Is it just me or have green screens on network TV gotten much worse over the last few years? The wedding scene here and that new white house balcony in Scandal, for example, both look absolutely hideous and it's only the tip of the iceberg. Is this a money issue or what?

Rewatching the X-Files, which I've recently done, probably hasn't helped not noticing this. Location shoots looks just so much better. :/

Moozo

Location shooting is expensive and it was location heavy at the start of the season.

Yes, but they shouldn't be scrimping on one of the most important scenes of the whole series. If it's going to look that shitty, sacrifice the view and shoot it somewhere cheaper.

It reminded me of the balcony scene in Chuck S4, which was awful but understandable given its tiny, tiny budget.

Yes, but they shouldn't be scrimping on one of the most important scenes of the whole series. If it's going to look that shitty, sacrifice the view and shoot it somewhere cheaper.

It reminded me of the balcony scene in Chuck S4, which was awful but understandable given its tiny, tiny budget.

I don't know that the moment was all that important. At least within the eyes of the writers. Usually these kinds of things are advertised like crazy but I don't recall seeing any mention of the marriage actually happening in this episode. With that in mind, the have to budget their money for the entire season, so it's possible they have some more big set pieces later on. In fact, with the mystery of what happened to Castle during those missing months still looming, it's likely they're going to go big with that.

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
Did I miss something in this last episode? If they had never met, how did the coffee vendor know Kate's order?

Top Bottom