• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania: Harmony of Despair |OT|

I just got the game this morning. It's a bit disorienting with sometimes dead ends wherever you go. I try to tag along with someone who knows where to go, at least at first. Note to self: don't go with Shanoa :D

I sent a friend request. I'll be up for a few runs.

yamo

Got this game today aswell.

Gonna try and familiarize myself a bit with the singleplayer game before jumping into multi. Will my progress in singleplayer carry over to multi, items etc?

Any specific character that is easier to start with or are they all pretty equall in strength?

Myomoto

lilljolle said:
Got this game today aswell.

Gonna try and familiarize myself a bit with the singleplayer game before jumping into multi. Will my progress in singleplayer carry over to multi, items etc?

Any specific character that is easier to start with or are they all pretty equall in strength?

Progress carries over. Alucard, Soma, and Jonathan are probably the best characters from the start of the game.

Rlan

Complete pain in the arse to get working online. Always have everyone drop out, really frustrating.

Also, how the fuck are you meant to beat the second boss once you get to him?

Wizpig

Myomoto said:
I would really like to get the 'Boned' and 'Grim Synergy' achievements, and they seem like a pain in the ass to get without specifically going for them.
abq said:
I'm in. I need Grim Synergy and Poetic Justice.
2u76ctu.jpg

Basically, here's what i was thinking:

- We need 6 gaffers who unlocked level 6 normal
- For "Grim Synergy" it's easier to do it in a lobby with just 2 players; for example i create a lobby with Myomoto and qhoang creates a lobby with another gaffer... i think it's pretty easy to do it on the first boss in normal...
- After everyone got that we can do level 6 for "Poetic Justice" and "Boned"; the cool thing about "Boned" is that everyone gets the achievement! so everyone will hit Dracula until he gets to the third form, then hit him some more (a lot more, actually) and when we think he's almost dead everyone except the strongest player can just commit suicide :p

And we can do this whenever you want.

Ok, so I got Charlotte's Heal. Now maybe I won't be completely useless anymore. I tend to get lost unless I follow someone and be just far enough behind that I don't even get a single hit in, but a healer should be popular, right?

abq

Coldsnap said:
Anyone here free to play today? I'd like to get through hard mode
I unfortunately can't stay up the whole night because I need to go to work early tomorrow, but if I'm on and not doing achivement runs, send me a message.

Wizpig

GuiltybyAssociation said:
Solo farming Death for Shanoa's Pneumas is making me weep.
This.

Also, thanks for the achievements run everybody who helped!

I still need Poetic Justice, but we finally unlocked "Boned".

So Scarecrow, we can try Poetic Justice one of these days (and i can help you with Grim Synergy) ... the problem here is that i don't get two things:

- Is the "charm" spell for female characters only? then everyone should get a female character so that it's easier for everyone
- Does the boss cast that spell even in groups of 2 players? i think i read he only casts it in groups of 4-5-6 players? :\

Scarecrow

Wizpig said:
This.

Also, thanks for the achievements run everybody who helped!

I still need Poetic Justice, but we finally unlocked "Boned".

So Scarecrow, we can try Poetic Justice one of these days (and i can help you with Grim Synergy) ... the problem here is that i don't get two things:

- Is the "charm" spell for female characters only? then everyone should get a female character so that it's easier for everyone
- Does the boss cast that spell even in groups of 2 players? i think i read he only casts it in groups of 4-5-6 players? :\
Far out. I can get on any time

xero273

charm thing works on two player. I was playing last night with a friend and it kept happening to me.

How do you level shanoa's spells? On gamefaqs, I read one person saying absorb spells and another saying keep on using the spell. I have a master ring on and I keep using the spell but it looks like it isn't going up at all.

abq

xero273 said:
charm thing works on two player. I was playing last night with a friend and it kept happening to me.

How do you level shanoa's spells? On gamefaqs, I read one person saying absorb spells and another saying keep on using the spell. I have a master ring on and I keep using the spell but it looks like it isn't going up at all.
I think the level cap is at 5 until you beat the game.

Rad-

xero273 said:

Keep using them, that's the way. It's really slow after level 7 or so, even with dual mastery rings.

Scarecrow

where do you get more spells for shanoa? I've gotten the fire/ice/lightning from the floating witch, and the green skeleton lazer beam, but I can't find who gives out new ones. I still have the lame rapier starting weapon for my basic attacks too.

MrDaravon

Scarecrow said:
where do you get more spells for shanoa? I've gotten the fire/ice/lightning from the floating witch, and the green skeleton lazer beam, but I can't find who gives out new ones. I still have the lame rapier starting weapon for my basic attacks too.

IIRC you have all of the magic ones; as far as I know there's only two other ones which are both Weapon glyphs, which I believe are random boss drops. I've got the second one (the stone fist thingie) which isn't bad, and the third one is this green projectile thingie I've seen some people using online but don't have yet.

Anybody still down for doing Boned, Grim Justice, or just Hard mode in general? I'll go send a request to the GAF tag, I've tried doing some random games but I can never find anybody who is past level 4 or 5 on normal :( If you see me on the tag I'm MrDaravon on XBL.

Also Wizpig, supposedly you get a Shanoa gamerpic for soloing Stage 6 on Hard with her, but I haven't seen that confirmed yet.

xero273

Scarecrow said:

That's it for spells. Just keep fighting death and you'll get her other weapons. That's the fastest way to farm for it.

Wizpig

Did you guys knew this?

Secrets
Japanese voices *new*

When asked to select your character's color, hold down RT as you press A. The voices will then be in Japanese.

it's pretty cool because you can avoid Death's annoying laughter in level 5 this way. :lol
SailorDaravon said:
Also Wizpig, supposedly you get a Shanoa gamerpic for soloing Stage 6 on Hard with her, but I haven't seen that confirmed yet.
!!!

That would be awesome.

Scarecrow

Man, I want to save up money, but it seems like the loot that brings in the most cash is the swords and such. However, I've been using Shanoa for a while, and she doesn't get any.

Anyone up for some co-op soon?

abq

Scarecrow said:
Man, I want to save up money, but it seems like the loot that brings in the most cash is the swords and such. However, I've been using Shanoa for a while, and she doesn't get any.

Anyone up for some co-op soon?
I'm free for the next dew hours.

MrDaravon

I'm down, are you guys in a Party Chat? I have to step away from my 360 to check GAF, but I'm pretty sure I saw at least scarecrow on.

abq

not yet.

edit: trying to get my last spell from Dracula for Charlotte. Will hopefully get it in a min or so. Absorb it dammit! Ten min and still no absorb :(

abq

FUCK YEAH! Got it. If someone want to start a party, go ahead. Will give me a few more mins to finish dracula

yamo

Joined a multiplayer team and ran through all levels on normal, in the process I managed to pick up some kind of curse that renders my magic bar empty. I have tried to use both remedy and uncurse potions with no help. Anyone know what to do? Right now my Jonathan is pretty pointless to play. :(

Zuhzuhzombie!! said:
So.

Is there a list any where that details where Soma can get souls?

Also, collecting more and more souls levels them up, correct?
Check the Monster Compendium in the game. It will say how many souls you have from each monster.

Hank The Tank

Neo Member
lilljolle said:
Joined a multiplayer team and ran through all levels on normal, in the process I managed to pick up some kind of curse that renders my magic bar empty. I have tried to use both remedy and uncurse potions with no help. Anyone know what to do? Right now my Jonathan is pretty pointless to play. :(

Got a skull ring equipped, eh? :p

Myomoto

Sorry guys, my connection suddenly went apeshit. Hope you killed Dracula.

biggkidd32 said:
Where do you get Muramasa?

Puppet Master on hard dropped it for me, dunno if you can get it other places.

Cynar

SailorDaravon said:

This is not true, my friend played through on single player hard with Soma and didn't get anything.

Wizpig

Cynar said:
This is not true, my friend played through on single player hard with Soma and didn't get anything.
Nice, now i hate you mr. dream crusher! :(

edit. But he said "with her", so maybe if you do it with Shanoa you get the pic! :eek:
There's hopeee!

MrDaravon

Cynar said:

The person I saw say this said with Shanoa. Again, this is completely unconfirmed though.

Also good games guys! Still need to get Boned though.

Scarecrow

Some good times were had today! Every hard run needs a combat medic like we had. I still can't decide who to put more time into.

Ridley327

The bad news: I beat Hard mode with my friend today, but I was in skeleton form. No boss chest for me.

The good news: I jump kicked off the Nova Skeleton to the hidden room before the staircase and the chest contained a God's Garb. :D

I'd call that a win.

OnPoint

Started leveling up a Shanoa today once I got fed up with Alucard's lack of good drops. She's so powerful once you get moving with her.

Top Bottom