• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Catherine |OT| Sheep, Matrimony, Terror - Love Is Gone

cj_iwakura

I'm FINISHED! :D

QTntedz.jpg

4j5Qh4y.jpg

NPLLzxb.jpg

MisterArrogant

Neo Member
I've recently been playing this game and I had a question about the story:

So at one point I recall Vincent saying he "lost his V-card" when he slept with Catherine for the first time. So I was kind of surprised he was a virgin being that he'd supposedly been with Katherine for so long... but whatever.

Now I just got to the part where Katherine tells him she's probably pregnant. If he's a virgin, how did he potentially get Katherine pregnant? Was the V-card thing a screwy translation or is this somehow explained in the story at some point?

FluxWaveZ

I've recently been playing this game and I had a question about the story:

So at one point I recall Vincent saying he "lost his V-card" when he slept with Catherine for the first time. So I was kind of surprised he was a virgin being that he'd supposedly been with Katherine for so long... but whatever.

Now I just got to the part where Katherine tells him she's probably pregnant. If he's a virgin, how did he potentially get Katherine pregnant? Was the V-card thing a screwy translation or is this somehow explained in the story at some point?

You sure that wasn't Tobias? Because I think that was Tobias.

http://youtu.be/CuSo1PjsiMU?t=22s

MisterArrogant

Neo Member
You sure that wasn't Tobias? Because I think that was Tobias.

http://youtu.be/CuSo1PjsiMU?t=22s

Weird, I don't think I'm to that part yet. I just got to Night 4. Tobias was still pining away for Erica.

I swear I remember Vincent saying the exact same thing though. Maybe I saw part of the video at some point and I got it mixed up. If I play through it again, I'll double check. I skimmed through the Let's Play up to where I was and I didn't see what I was thinking of. I know I played the demo last year. Maybe they had clips of the later parts and I got them all mixed-up. Now I'm super confused.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I got this during its sale a few weeks ago on PSN. I always wanted to try it, but couldn't help feeling the puzzle parts would be boring and distracting from the story sequences.

Then I played it.

mHDSTkLl.jpg

I'm going to have nightmares about blocks now.

I am really quite enjoying it aside from the induced obstacle-based PTSD, and thanks to the presentation can't help but think the game is set somewhere in the Persona universe. Similar team, similar style of course. But it may as well be "this is the shit that happens to normal people every day in Persona."

Musolf815

I got this during its sale a few weeks ago on PSN. I always wanted to try it, but couldn't help feeling the puzzle parts would be boring and distracting from the story sequences.

Then I played it.

I'm going to have nightmares about blocks now.

I am really quite enjoying it aside from the induced obstacle-based PTSD, and thanks to the presentation can't help but think the game is set somewhere in the Persona universe. Similar team, similar style of course. But it may as well be "this is the shit that happens to normal people every day in Persona."

Well...

0.jpg

Although I think they said the worlds are separate and this isn't "the" Vincent from Catherine, I still like to think they're in the same world.

Completed the game last year and had a lot of fun. Was just sorting through my PS3 discs and randomly decided to read the manual which I'd never opened.

"Drink the Night Away

Press the SQUARE button while in Vincent's booth to take a drink. When he drinks, his intoxication level will increase. The drunker Vincent gets while at the bar, the faster he will move during the nightmare that night."

Oh, my. Maybe I will have to replay this game to try this out. Anyone try this?

cj_iwakura

Completed the game last year and had a lot of fun. Was just sorting through my PS3 discs and randomly decided to read the manual which I'd never opened.

"Drink the Night Away

Press the SQUARE button while in Vincent's booth to take a drink. When he drinks, his intoxication level will increase. The drunker Vincent gets while at the bar, the faster he will move during the nightmare that night."

Oh, my. Maybe I will have to replay this game to try this out. Anyone try this?

It's practically essential for some levels, especially if you want all Golds.

cj_iwakura

New record on Menhir: 11:36.

Top record: 5:01.

9aRakiR.gif

You all are machines.

I'm getting better at not overeacting and shoving everything off the tower, though. Work with what you got!

Top Bottom