• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Central Texas Community Thread of Heat, BBQ, Heat, Hail, Heat, and Heat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jhriad

Would love to get in on a meet-up but I'm on call that weekend so I wouldn't be able to drive over to Austin. Too bad. :(

oneHeero

I'd love to attend the Gaming Expo but I cant miss work on the 9th :(

I'm in SA but would happily drive up to Austin for the night/weekend!

Zoe

Speaking of stores, anyone know the name of the place at Burnet and 183? They've been trotting out this guy for the past week

6WxZAcQ.jpg

Zoe

No, there is a game store between Chili's and Pluckers. I saw a huge Wii logo the other week but can't remember the name.

Right before I took that picture he did look like he was taking a leak on the support column though :lol

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
No, there is a game store between Chili's and Pluckers. I saw a huge Wii logo the other week but can't remember the name.

Right before I took that picture he did look like he was taking a leak on the support column though :lol

:Austin

http://www.pinballzarcade.com/ maybe? I always see the sign when driving by. Though it's a block or two away from that strip. I've heard good things from random people at Half-Price.

Is it the same Play N Trade that was located across Anderson Lane from the Walmart formerly known as Northcross Mall? I noticed that location was vacant last time I was in the area.

Tunavi

Banned
As a intern at SXSW Gaming, I approve. I was gonna make a gaming side thread, I'll post this link the OP

abrack08

Wait, it's a person? I work right by there, I could have sworn the Mario I saw was a big blow-up Mario. Guess they could have both.

I might be down for this. I've lived in Austin for 5 years now and never participated in any South By stuff.

Has anyone been to this once or twice already? It's actually kind of hard to tell what'll be going on from the website.

sn00zer

Great the one meet up I can go to and im out of town for spring break...although you guys are probably weird

YES! Been waiting for it to reopen. Wonder if the renovations are snazzy.

Is Arcade UFO that small white arcade on Speedway near campus? I'm always afraid to enter that place, the tented windows, shoddy white building, and some other factors I can't explain give me a cult vibe

Is Arcade UFO that small white arcade on Speedway near campus? I'm always afraid to enter that place, the tented windows, shoddy white building, and some other factors I can't explain give me a cult vibe

Some of the regulars are insane manchildren.

I haven't been there in a year so I'll check it out. Looks like they have a couple new cabinets.

I hope they got rid of some of those MAME cabinets. Paying to play on those just doesn't feel right.

Man Pinballz would be fun, but I think I'm done for tonight. Maybe Monday night? My wife is working late so I have nothing to do after work. Who's down? I can be there by around 7.

The Lamp

Has anyone been to this SXSW thing before? Can you actually play unreleased games from Nintendo and stuff? I see Square-Enix is attending.

I will swing by Pinballz tonight if I don't get held up too late at work. I should be there around 7 or 7:30. I will be in a brown plaid flannel, rockin' the 90s style. Just come up and say hey.

You mean the one off Guadalupe close to a gas station? I think that's game republik. And yeah, it looks shady as fuck.

Quick question for the rest of y'all, how long have you been living in Austin? I've been here 16 years or so

Quick question for the rest of y'all, how long have you been living in Austin? I've been here 16 years or so

7 years this month. God I must be getting old. It feels like I moved to town yesterday.

I will swing by Pinballz tonight if I don't get held up too late at work. I should be there around 7 or 7:30. I will be in a brown plaid flannel, rockin' the 90s style. Just come up and say hey.

Hurray for buried posts. I'm about to head to Pinballz.

pirata

Damn, I was wondering why no-one ever arranged a meet-up during South by! It seems like the entire world comes to town, so one would think there would be a high concentration of Gaffers then. Maybe we can party a bit as well. Also, has Evilore really moved to Austin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom