• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Central Texas Community Thread of Heat, BBQ, Heat, Hail, Heat, and Heat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timeaisis

YOU GUYS THIS WEATHER

THIS WEATHER YOU GUYS

*~*~*

So I'm getting back into Magic: the Gathering, and once I get my stuff in the mail I'll probably start going to casuals/friendly tournaments here. I should probably cross-post but any of you guys play?

Also, Mettle brunch is so good.

I used to play, but haven't in a while. Looking for a reason to get back into it.

Anybody in atx have smash and a GC adapter? I wanna test my Smash bros skills with some gaffers.

I do indeed. Might as well give an open invitation to anyone that wants to play Smash. PM or something.

Quadratic

Did you end up going to Franklin? The weather was perfect for it.

I came into town at 12pm. Thought I missed my window. I went to Stubbs for lunch instead. It was good BBQ! I have no excuse tomorrow since my hotel is 2 blocks away from Franklins.

I got caught up in the inauguration parade earlier. Probably will go by the Alamo Drafthouse.

Will look for tacos tonight.

I came into town at 12pm. Thought I missed my window. I went to Stubbs for lunch instead. It was good BBQ! I have no excuse tomorrow since my hotel is 2 blocks away from Franklins.

I got caught up in the inauguration parade earlier. Probably will go by the Alamo Drafthouse.

Will look for tacos tonight.
Chilantro! XD

Quadratic

Franklins was really good and worth the wait in line. Had enough leftovers for two more meals. Met some pretty cool people in line. Had a few beers while waiting. It wasn't too cold today. Unfortunate it started raining around 5 when I was at UT exploring. Decided to retreat back to my hotel and just watch netflix on my tablet tonight.

Had a good time in Austin. It's a great city. Everyone is really friendly. Even the sketch on dirty Sixth wasn't as bad as advertised. Headed to San Antonio tomorrow for PAX South. Wish I had more time here. I might do this dual city trip again.

terrene

Banned
Hey Austin-GAF!

Two questions:

1) I'm thinking of moving from the Bay Area to Austin. Previously I lived in Seattle for over a decade. But I grew up in TX/OK and miss my family and cheap living... Still, as a liberal dude who loves music and culture, I want to have access to alternative culture and cool shit. Anyone have insights as to how Austin compares to the West Coast? Pros/cons?

2) Can anyone pick up a SXSW Music wristband for me at wristbands.sxsw.com? If so PM. They only sell them online to Austin addresses. I can PayPal/Venmo/Google Wallet the money (with a tip for you troubles) in advance, and of course beers are on me when I get there!

I'd love to see any Austin-GAF people while I'm in town for SXSW. I'll be around for Interactive working for Google and hanging around the music stuff for fun afterwards. Any plans for SXSW meetups?

Hey there everyone!
I was introduced to this topic by SomewhatGroovy. I live in North Austin (currently) I'm originally from (not so) Great Britain and moved to this fine state in 2008 and am proud to call Austin my home.

I'm genuinely amazed at the community here on NeoGAF. You've all been very welcoming, and to see so many people from my local area is just great. And I'd love to get to know some people here, seeing as I don't go to school and work in a job primarily occupied by older people with families and such.

I used to have an active YouTube channel (ThatEnglishDude) which I mostly did Let's Plays back before they were the 'in' thing to do (around the 2007-2008 timeframe, and found moderate success with it, reaching a maximum of about 8-10k subscribers. Unfortunately, some asshole decided to break into my Google account and remove my videos, most of which couldn't be salvaged. I've decided not to get back into the whole LP scene simply due to how over saturated it all is now. On top of that, I used to broadcast live with 4PlayerPodcast, an award winning videogame community which was an absolute joy to be involved with. Besides owning and selling off some rather rare collectors vintage PC games, I've mostly been keeping to myself as of late, and after a few years of not being on the 'gaming scene' as such, I'm ready to get back into it. I have a rather high end gaming PC and a PS4, so let's play a game sometime! Steam/PSN details on my profile.

It's nice to meet you all,
-Jack

Haha, my wife and I are having the "state of Austin" conversation more and more these days. I completely relate to your observations, 'Groovy.

Welcome to our lazy thread, Jack. I'll check out your YT channel later. I have my own, though it's currently in a state of identity crisis.

Back to my tequila. It's been an incredibly shitty work week. I'm contemplating moving to Alaska right now.

Welcome to our lazy thread, Jack. I'll check out your YT channel later. I have my own, though it's currently in a state of identity crisis.

Added on Steam and will add on PSN later tonight. It's been a busy weekend.

I don't suppose any of you can recommend an affordable 1br 1ba apartment in South Austin for $550~? I'm going to be moving in June and I'm looking for a place for myself. I currently have a roommate and will more than likely renew, in which case - obviously a 2br 2ba is what I'll be needing.

Timeaisis

Hey there everyone!
I was introduced to this topic by SomewhatGroovy. I live in North Austin (currently) I'm originally from (not so) Great Britain and moved to this fine state in 2008 and am proud to call Austin my home.

I'm genuinely amazed at the community here on NeoGAF. You've all been very welcoming, and to see so many people from my local area is just great. And I'd love to get to know some people here, seeing as I don't go to school and work in a job primarily occupied by older people with families and such.

I used to have an active YouTube channel (ThatEnglishDude) which I mostly did Let's Plays back before they were the 'in' thing to do (around the 2007-2008 timeframe, and found moderate success with it, reaching a maximum of about 8-10k subscribers. Unfortunately, some asshole decided to break into my Google account and remove my videos, most of which couldn't be salvaged. I've decided not to get back into the whole LP scene simply due to how over saturated it all is now. On top of that, I used to broadcast live with 4PlayerPodcast, an award winning videogame community which was an absolute joy to be involved with. Besides owning and selling off some rather rare collectors vintage PC games, I've mostly been keeping to myself as of late, and after a few years of not being on the 'gaming scene' as such, I'm ready to get back into it. I have a rather high end gaming PC and a PS4, so let's play a game sometime! Steam/PSN details on my profile.

It's nice to meet you all,
-Jack

Welcome to the thread! I'll add you to psn and such.

We don't get together much here, but I'm up north as well so at the very least groovy can organize something for us to do.

Welcome to the thread! I'll add you to psn and such.

We don't get together much here, but I'm up north as well so at the very least groovy can organize something for us to do.

Beat you to the punch mate! I already added you. But yeah, I'm definitely down for doing something sometime. I got 3 of you added on PSN (Timeaisis, AkuMifune, and ExitPlanetDust) and 4 of you on Steam (pending requests)

Was looking through the Smash Tourney facebook thing and saw your picture. Lol. I was like "Hey, I know that guy!"

Did you go to the thing on Sat? If so, how'd you do?

The only way possible, now I have to destroy the Facebook group. Lol.

Naa, I actually didn't even know about it until the day it started, hah. And then I wasn't able to go on Monday due to having no ride. I'm hoping I can make it next time.. I'm tired of missing out. D:

Okay before I begin wasting our time, who has a genuine interest and CAN meet some time this weekend? Let's say North off 183.

I am game. and please let me know if you have budget concerns this weekend. I can open my house up to us if need be and have some appetizers scattered randomly around the house. Alternatively, we can spend less than $10 at any arcade or bowling alley, I believe.

Personally, I want to spend time hanging out and getting to know you guys. If its not my house and you want to open your doors, I can bring a N64 with copies of wrestling games, we can play smash bros...whatever.

I really wish I could but work is killin' me right now. I don't think I'm going to be able to do anything until next weekend. Maybe not even then. Just too much going on.

Blah blah blah, something, stress, blah.

Timeaisis

Okay before I begin wasting our time, who has a genuine interest and CAN meet some time this weekend? Let's say North off 183.

I am game. and please let me know if you have budget concerns this weekend. I can open my house up to us if need be and have some appetizers scattered randomly around the house. Alternatively, we can spend less than $10 at any arcade or bowling alley, I believe.

Personally, I want to spend time hanging out and getting to know you guys. If its not my house and you want to open your doors, I can bring a N64 with copies of wrestling games, we can play smash bros...whatever.

I have literally zero plans this weekend so I'm down.

I am down for sure. Honestly, I'm up to anything that's suggested. I've been wanting to meet Gaffers. My opportunities always got ruined by something. >.<

My only problem is that I need to find a way to get these places. (´&#65381;_&#65381;`)

Timeaisis

Oh yeah, I forget that it's releasing on Friday. Not going out with your chica?

Saturday, saturday, saturday...oh yeah. Valentine's day.

Uh...yeah. I'm totally doing something with my wife. I definitely have something planned right now that is locked and loaded and ready to go. I didn't just remember just now or anything.

Thanks, TB.

Maybe a little OT at work if it's still being offered.

Then a fuck ton of Blacklight: Retribution on PS4.

Nice, gotta' get that mula!

How much of an improvement is Retribution from TD?

Saturday, saturday, saturday...oh yeah. Valentine's day.

Uh...yeah. I'm totally doing something with my wife. I definitely have something planned right now that is locked and loaded and ready to go. I didn't just remember just now or anything.

Thanks, TB.

Tsk tsk, Timeaisis. Haha.

You're welcome. :p

Nice, gotta' get that mula!

How much of an improvement is Retribution from TD?

Tsk tsk, Timeaisis. Haha.

You're welcome. :p
I didn't play TD much, but I've been playing Retribution regularly for almost a month now. Digging the cyberpunk aesthetic and the obsessive stat manipulation in weapon builds. The wall hack...err HRV is genius. It keeps the matches flowing and intense. The community is pretty welcoming too. I even threw some money at the game for perm unlocks. It may be free to play but I can safely say it isn't pay to win.

Boo-urns for the lame wet weather. I need that sunshine.

I haven't done shit this past week or so, I've been grinding away at work. Getting some serious overtime there.

I think I'm gonna go look around for some Friday Night Magic (The Gathering), since I'm off Friday and I really wanna play.

Meier

I am always down to go to a meet up if someone is organizing one. Weekends are probably the best option for me personally.

Zoe

Man, these past 6 months has been nothing but plumbing problems in my apartment building. I declared that we were never going to rent again, but I'm just ready to get out of here now.

Any good sites for looking at condo/house rentals?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom