• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2013 |Bowl Games| FSU IS BACK BABY, JAMEIS HEI5MAN, & GATAS IN THE TOILET BOWL!

Texas Football, walk towards the light...

VXTDaOz.png

xiwPc2U.png

OUZgk01.png

MrJames

Tyler Murphy is transferring. He graduated so he won't have to sit out a year. Morningweg might be gone as well. 4th string QB is already gone.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
some guy that wanted to be a Longhorn, but Mack never recruited.

Well that goes without saying, because every player wanted to be a Longhorn, but only went elsewhere because Mack never gave them an offer.

Well that goes without saying, because every player wanted to be a Longhorn, but only went elsewhere because Mack never gave them an offer.

I think you're missing the point mre. No one is saying all these guys would have signed with Texas if offered. However, these guys mentioned showed, at one point, a high level interest in Texas and Mack didn't even make an effort to contact them for one reason or another.

I mean, Winston's coach called 5 times and he didn't even return the call because his sources told him WInston was going to FSU or Alabama. How much of an effort would it have taken Mack to return a damn call? And then you have a laundry list of other big names Mack simply didn't make an effort to contact even though these names expressed a high interest in Texas.

bachikarn

Will Grier

Edit: It needs to be an open QB competition. Driskel shouldn't be handed the keys just because he's a senior.

If Murphy transfers than it has been handed to Driskel. I love Grier, but he plays really shitty competition in North Carolina. Very doubtful he'll be ready for the speed of the college game, and should redshirt.

I have no idea why our coaches are so confident in Driskel. They thought he was a first round talent back in the summer.

Ceebs

If Murphy transfers than it has been handed to Driskel. I love Grier, but he plays really shitty competition in North Carolina. Very doubtful he'll be ready for the speed of the college game, and should redshirt.

I have no idea why our coaches are so confident in Driskel. They thought he was a first round talent back in the summer.

He probably looks great until it's gametime. Then he becomes an INT machine.

andycapps

Your coaches are evidently poor judges of talent.

How about every CFB coach in America, except Saban, meet inside the Austin Stone mega-church. They will meditate and pray before voting on a new coach for Texas. Longhorn fans will wait patiently for the white smoke to signal a coach has been chosen.

Cousteau

Jason Garrett said his dream job is to be a HC in Texas.

Sometimes in life you gotta takes 2 steps back to take 1 step forward.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
blah, sounds like our RG decided to have shoulder surgery to have enough time before the combine/draft. Steen's out for the Sugar Bowl :(

Subitai

blah, sounds like our RG decided to have shoulder surgery to have enough time before the combine/draft. Steen's out for the Sugar Bowl :(
Plenty of time for the backup to get up to speed.

Also, I remember when Mornhinweg was almost going to go to PSU.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Our second QB Brandon Connette has taken an indefinite leave of absence to be with his mother. She was rushed to a hospital last week for a brain tumor and early reports are not great. Normally you wouldn't sweat your backup QB having to miss time but he's been a huge part of our offense, particularly at the goalline and for short yardage plays, not to mention, he went 2-2 after Boone went down with a broken collarbone. He's a tough dude and the team loves him.

Obviously none of that matters, I hate that he's going through this now, at this time of the year, and when there has been so much positive news for the program that he's responsible for.. Thoughts and prayers for her recovery, prayers for he and his family.

cdyhybrid

Bruce Feldman ‏@BFeldmanCBS 1m
+Yep RT @McMurphyESPN Glendale, AZ & Tampa awarded Jan. 11, 2016 & Jan. 9, 2017 @CFBPlayoff title games

Start making your travel plans, Texas Sabanhorns fans.

Top Bottom