• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2013 |Bowl Games| FSU IS BACK BABY, JAMEIS HEI5MAN, & GATAS IN THE TOILET BOWL!

pxleyes

Banned
But does Miami, New Orleans, or Glendale scream CFB either?

As cdhybrid pointed out, at least they would be existing big bowl sites. I think the Sugar Bowl and the Orange Bowl are very much CFB friendly venues. I would probably have gone with Miami over Tampa and Pasadena over Glendale (I know that would neve rwork with how recent their last one would be).

As cdhybrid pointed out, at least they would be existing big bowl sites. I think the Sugar Bowl and the Orange Bowl are very much CFB friendly venues. I would probably have gone with Miami over Tampa and Pasadena over Glendale (I know that would neve rwork with how recent their last one would be).

Miami hasn't cared about CFB since the 80's though. Right now they're too busy lifelonging/bandwaggoning the HEAT

cdyhybrid

Miami hasn't cared about CFB since the 80's though. Right now they're too busy lifelonging/bandwaggoning the HEAT

We almost had FSU IS BACK and DA U IS BACK in the same season though!

In other news, we "flipped" a sleeper DB prospect from Boise (don't think it counts as flipping if we took their coach though). Sounds like he really blew up his senior season and is going to get a lot of Pac-12 attention, but Coach Pete was on him way before that.

Zee-Row

Banned
So glad Tampa is hosting the title game. Raymond James is the best football stadium in Florida. I just hope they get new scoreboards soon.

andycapps

We almost had FSU IS BACK and DA U IS BACK in the same season though!

In other news, we "flipped" a sleeper DB prospect from Boise (don't think it counts as flipping if we took their coach though). Sounds like he really blew up his senior season and is going to get a lot of Pac-12 attention, but Coach Pete was on him way before that.

Yeah, I don't know if you can use the term "flipped" when you're referring to a recruit from Boise State. Stealing from the little sisters of the poor isn't something to brag about, man.

cdyhybrid

Yeah, I don't know if you can use the term "flipped" when you're referring to a recruit from Boise State. Stealing from the little sisters of the poor isn't something to brag about, man.

Turns out he was actually committed to Wazzu, he was just heavily recruited by Petersen while he was at Boise. Even better. We flipped Bishop Sankey from Wazzu, and Boise has more players in the NFL at the moment than UW does, so I'm not too concerned about who guys have offers from or who they're committed to.

Meier

ESPN picked their All-American team.

Offense
QB: Jameis Winston, Florida State
RB: Ka’Deem Carey, Arizona, Andre Williams, Boston College
WR: Mike Evans, Texas A&M, Brandin Cooks, Oregon State
TE: Eric Ebron, North Carolina
OT: Jake Matthews, Texas A&M, Jack Mewhort, Ohio State
OG: Cyril Richardson, Baylor; David Yankey, Stanford
C: Bryan Stork, Florida State

Defense
DE: Michael Sam, Missouri; Leonard Williams, USC
DT: Aaron Donald, Pittsburgh; Timmy Jernigan, Florida State
LB: C.J. Mosley, Alabama; Ryan Shazier, Ohio State, Trent Murphy, Stanford
CB: Darqueze Dennard, Michigan State, Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, Oregon
FS: Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Alabama
SS: Lamarcus Joyner, Florida State
K: Nate Freese, Boston College
P: Mike Sadler, Michigan State
Return: Ryan Switzer, North Carolina

By Conference
ACC: 7
PAC-12: 6
SEC: 5
Big Ten: 3
Big 12: 1

http://espn.go.com/ncf/feature/video/_/page/postseasonallamerica2013/2013-all-america-team

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Yes we got him!!!!

@BCastOZone: Wow. Raekwon picks up the 'Bama hit... I think I'm going to roll with... Ohio State.

Trolling
According to Kwon, Bama and OSU recruited him straight by trying to sell him on their programs, while Auburn's and Clemson's recruiting pitches were based upon trying to tear down the other schools recruiting him. Interdasting.

On a side note, the flu fucking sucks.

According to Kwon, Bama and OSU recruited him straight by trying to sell him on their programs, while Auburn's and Clemson's recruiting pitches were based upon trying to tear down the other schools recruiting him. Interdasting.

On a side note, the flu fucking sucks.

He said his order was OSU then clemson, for whatever that is.

bachikarn

Bbk3lPSIMAAMzXf.jpg:large

cdyhybrid

We've also flipped a QB from Boise (a lefty!), and sounds like a safety that decommitted from UCLA today will probably pick us tomorrow.

Ugh, I get those all the time.

Get to a fucking Rose Bowl and we'll talk.

I always throw out my Notre Dame solicits. They have more than enough money, but are super cheap in really annoying ways. They have like 30 flat screens in the student center, but wouldn't let us turn on our air conditioning until the last week of May. Fuck that; it gets hot and humid in Indiana.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I always throw out my Notre Dame solicits. They have more than enough money, but are super cheap in really annoying ways. They have like 30 flat screens in the student center, but wouldn't let us turn on our air conditioning until the last week of May. Fuck that; it gets hot and humid in Indiana.
Bwahahahaha ha haha ha.

I mean, universities can definitely be cheap, and I'm right there with you. They wouldn't let us turn the heat on here until the first week in October. It gets cold down here in Alabama.

Meier

Penn State has no a/c in its dorm rooms lol

Sheesh! There was one particularly old dorm that didn't have A/C for ages at FSU (Landis Hall) but they finally added it like 8 years ago or so? Obviously far more necessary in Florida than Pennsylvania, but that's crazy. Are all the dorms SUPER old? I can't imagine any new construction from the last 15-20 years without central A/C.

Sheesh! There was one particularly old dorm room that didn't have A/C for ages at FSU (Landis Hall) but they finally added it like 8 years ago or so? Obviously far more necessary in Florida than Pennsylvania, but that's crazy. Are all the dorms SUPER old? I can't imagine any new construction from the last 15-20 years without central A/C.

The issue with us not being able to turn on our A/C even up in northern Indiana (which has the shittiest weather in both directions I've ever experienced) was that our dorm was designed to be air conditioned so there is almost no air flow. The older dorms that didn't have A/C had flues and door panels to let air move. My dorm was a huge dense cinder block and fire door box filled with 180 guys...It felt like the Congo in there towards the end of the school year.

Schmitty

Sheesh! There was one particularly old dorm that didn't have A/C for ages at FSU (Landis Hall) but they finally added it like 8 years ago or so? Obviously far more necessary in Florida than Pennsylvania, but that's crazy. Are all the dorms SUPER old? I can't imagine any new construction from the last 15-20 years without central A/C.

Central PA is pretty mild throughout the year, barring the summer. It only sucks for September and the week or two in May.

The weather in State College is comparable to London.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
We've also flipped a QB from Boise (a lefty!), and sounds like a safety that decommitted from UCLA today will probably pick us tomorrow.

Rivals is showing you guys with only 8 commits, 3 of which have been in the last 2 days? What the hell was the previous staff doing all year? I don't remember a big decommit exodus when Sark left, though of course I don't follow Washington recruiting all that closely.

Go noles!
& Some of the FSU fans posting here are either new of fairweather.
I saw you doubting before every game & it made no sense.
If you were OG you'd know they had this since Clemson.

Top Bottom