• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2013 |Bowl Games| FSU IS BACK BABY, JAMEIS HEI5MAN, & GATAS IN THE TOILET BOWL!

Tebow officially hired by espn for the sec network. Too chipper for me, but good for him.

What a fall from grace. 4 years of pro football?

I'm a little torn on this ole miss v gt game, I support ole miss but there is an Aussie playing for gt who is doing alright.

Hey bucknuticus, I saw that Youngstown boys doco the other day. That athletic director dude basically ruined claretts career and life over what exactly? They said that they found money in his wallet which a college player couldn't afford but was there any other reasons given for why Osu kept clarett out of the team? Was it just a personal matter between the director and clarett or was there something that the doco missed?

andycapps

You want to fall flat on your face during a fake punt attempt? You're at Georgia Tech, you can do that!

This needs to be in the offseason OT.

FGVHuhp.gif

jakncoke

Banned
Like I said earlier, I don't really know what I was thinking picking them. This always happens.

Yes, it doesn't include unpicked games. I assume he forgot to make a navy pick. Tut tut.

But did you for whatever reason put 23 on them?

I'm a little torn on this ole miss v gt game, I support ole miss but there is an Aussie playing for gt who is doing alright.

Hey bucknuticus, I saw that Youngstown boys doco the other day. That athletic director dude basically ruined claretts career and life over what exactly? They said that they found money in his wallet which a college player couldn't afford but was there any other reasons given for why Osu kept clarett out of the team? Was it just a personal matter between the director and clarett or was there something that the doco missed?

How many really thought he'd survive that much more? (i know there is a bunch) Pretty much in line for my expectations for him really.

Fucking GT

How many really thought he'd survive that much more? (i know there is a bunch) Pretty much in line for my expectations for him really.

I only started following football during tebows first year in the nfl when everyone loved him and he was playing alright.

I only started following college football last year but when reading about tebow, he was like a Johnny manziel type at college level. Won a heisman and nation championships, his college record is probably better than manziel. I never saw him play for Florida but he must have been a pretty good.

Given that he was a first round pick, Denver obviously didn't think he would be a flash in the pan either.

jakncoke

Banned
I only started following football during tebows first year in the nfl when everyone loved him and he was playing alright.

I only started following college football last year but when reading about tebow, he was like a Johnny manziel type at college level. Won a heisman and nation championships, his college record is probably better than manziel. I never saw him play for Florida but he must have been a pretty good.

Given that he was a first round pick, Denver obviously didn't think he would be a flash in the pan either.

to be fair neither the coach nor the gm are now employed by the Broncos

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
BcxAojtCYAAEn_U.jpg

I would prefer the Masked Rider logo we have where he's in profile to that one, but oh well. Saw a picture of our jerseys and they look like just the standard black jerseys (not an official TTU Equipment release but it had the Holiday Bowl logo sewn on it) so we may only be tricking up the helmets and cleats for this game.

::edit::
Looks like grey jerseys, black pants.

TomServo

As GT alumni, I'm torn. I never enjoy watching the Jackets lose, but a bowl win further secures PJ and his gimmick offense at Tech.

Sorry, I'd like to think GT can aspire to more than an eight win season, a loss to UGA, and a middling bowl game every year where they look like shit because their opponent can prep for the triple option.

Fire this clown.

ag-my001

I dont see him as much of a prospect. He probably will last longer than Tebow though if he doesnt get himself :gronked up
It will also help that coordinators are realizing that utilizing a running qb does not mean designed draws fifteen times a game. A smart system that lets him throw off of bootlegs and scramble for five yards and a slide will do well.

I dont see him as much of a prospect. He probably will last longer than Tebow though if he doesnt get himself :gronked up

I'm the opposite. To me he looks like the type of player that loves competition and he plays with a chip on his shoulder. He seems to get better as the opposition gets better and his running game is a huge advantage.

As much as I dislike him as a person, I like him as a football player. He is very entertaining to watch.

TomServo

Five minutes to go, three timeouts, TD wins, deep in your own territory at 1st & 15... Let's run a trick play.

Fucking Johnson. Please fire this clown.

Youngstown boys was an entertaining doc, but it only showed one side of the story. The biggest beef against Mo was he always blamed everyone else for his problems. The doc pretty much highlights that, notice how they only touch on the cash/car issue then never touch them. He also falsified police reports which they didnt even touch.

Mmm, probably not, but they certainly are by any standard that makes Penn St a destination job.

UW has 2 claimed MNCs and 3 unclaimed.

Penn State only has 2 claimed MNC.

UW 0 Heisman Winners
Penn State 1

UW 20 consensus All Americans
Penn State 39 consensus All Americans

UW 17 all time bowl wins
Penn State 21

UW .613 all time winning percentage
Penn State .659

UW 15 conference titles
Penn State 2

UW has 2 claimed MNCs and 3 unclaimed.

Penn State only has 2 claimed MNC.

UW 0 Heisman Winners
Penn State 1

UW 20 consensus All Americans
Penn State 39 consensus All Americans

UW 17 all time bowl wins
Penn State 21

UW .613 all time winning percentage
Penn State .659

UW 15 conference titles
Penn State 2

Last one isnt a fair comparison since PSU was a Independent for large majority of thier existence.

I'm the opposite. To me he looks like the type of player that loves competition and he plays with a chip on his shoulder. He seems to get better as the opposition gets better and his running game is a huge advantage.

As much as I dislike him as a person, I like him as a football player. He is very entertaining to watch.

He's absolutely entertaining, but part of why he is entertaining/successful is his ability to create after the play has broken down and this is absolutely one of the hardest things to judge in terms of ability to translate to the pro level.

Look at the difference between a guy like Vince Young and a guy like Cam Newton. Cam, was an excellent runner who like Vince played in an offense that didn't require him to make a lot of reads. Unlike Vince though he had better passing mechanics and has so far been able to translate into a better NFL QB.

Somewhat similar thing with Tebow, although to me Tebow fell into that classic trap of being able to dominate purely on physical ability so he was never coached up properly. His physical tools weren't enough to compete as a QB in the NFL where more people were on his level physically.

Last one isnt a fair comparison since PSU was a Independent for large majority of thier existence.

I know :p Still, in 2 decades you'd think a destination job would win more than 1 conference title!

jakncoke

Banned
He's absolutely entertaining, but part of why he is entertaining/successful is his ability to create after the play has broken down and this is absolutely one of the hardest things to judge in terms of ability to translate to the pro level.

Look at the difference between a guy like Vince Young and a guy like Cam Newton. Cam, was an excellent runner who like Vince played in an offense that didn't require him to make a lot of reads. Unlike Vince though he had better passing mechanics and has so far been able to translate into a better NFL QB.

Somewhat similar thing with Tebow, although to me Tebow fell into that classic trap of being able to dominate purely on physical ability so he was never coached up properly. His physical tools weren't enough to compete as a QB in the NFL where more people were on his level physically.

I know :p Still, in 2 decades you'd think a destination job would win more than 1 conference title!

If you're going to go straw man and ridiculous Im going to have to jump in here now. (2 were vacated btw)

Penn St 5th most wins ever pre ncaa taken away 10 years of win vs 582
591 weeks ranked vs 398
27-12-2 in bowl games vs 15-15-1 in bowl games

Kevtones

That's less than what Oregon is going to put on them.

But then you guys might be in that yawn-worthy Rose Bowl!

He could barely run two days before Stanford :/

He didn't run a single read option that game. Completely killed it.

Also that HELMET rule completely fucked Oregon there. And THANK FUCK Mariota is coming back lol.

Balphon

Could the Ducks unifroms look any fucking uglier? Yea that's probably an old take but they are hideous.

Trust me, they've been worse.

Case McCoy has a negative QB rating. I didn't even know that was possible.

It isn't in the NFL, but the way it works in college it'll go negative if you throw a lot of picks and/or have a lot of negative passing plays that aren't offset by positive passing yards.

He could barely run two days before Stanford :/

He didn't run a single read option that game. Completely killed it.

Yeah. But while it might've ended differently, I'm not so sure. Oregon needs to bulk up, they really have a hard time dealing with much bigger players blowing them up on the line, which is what was happening all game for them.

Still, it always sucks to have a crucial part of the offense get jammed up. We would've beat UCLA if fucking Booty hadn't played with a broken hand or whatever, instead we lost and were kept out of the MNC game that year. So I feel your pain.

Also, I'm moving to the Portland area in January, so I'm gonna be surrounded by Ducks fans :( If you have suggestions on cool places to go/eat in that area shoot 'em by me. Same for the rest of you Ducks in the area.

jakncoke

Banned
Trust me, they've been worse.

It isn't in the NFL, but the way it works in college it'll go negative if you throw a lot of picks and/or have a lot of negative passing plays that aren't offset by positive passing yards.

College qb rating is goofy anyways, can go all the way up to like 920 or something ridiculous. Such a stupid range

Top Bottom