• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2013 |Bowl Games| FSU IS BACK BABY, JAMEIS HEI5MAN, & GATAS IN THE TOILET BOWL!

Youngstown boys was an entertaining doc, but it only showed one side of the story. The biggest beef against Mo was he always blamed everyone else for his problems. The doc pretty much highlights that, notice how they only touch on the cash/car issue then never touch them. He also falsified police reports which they didnt even touch.

Yeah from the doco, my understanding was clarett didn't do anything wrong but his life spiraled out of control when he was banned. It made the athletic director look pretty bad and that the ban was just a personal vendetta against mo.

Still, 1200 odd yards as a true Freshman running back must have been pretty good to watch.

He's absolutely entertaining, but part of why he is entertaining/successful is his ability to create after the play has broken down and this is absolutely one of the hardest things to judge in terms of ability to translate to the pro level.

Look at the difference between a guy like Vince Young and a guy like Cam Newton. Cam, was an excellent runner who like Vince played in an offense that didn't require him to make a lot of reads. Unlike Vince though he had better passing mechanics and has so far been able to translate into a better NFL QB.

Somewhat similar thing with Tebow, although to me Tebow fell into that classic trap of being able to dominate purely on physical ability so he was never coached up properly. His physical tools weren't enough to compete as a QB in the NFL where more people were on his level physically.
!

I never saw tebow, young or newton play college football unfortunately.

One thing that I don't like about USA pro sports is the weighting that scouts put on physical attributes and techniques over their actual ability to play the game. For this reason I think Manziel will be ok, he's a smart player and can make something out of nothing. It's a special trait that is worth a risk in that if it does translate to the nfl, you would be laughing. If it doesn't, it wouldn't be the first time a first round draft pick failed.

I would pick him ahead of clowney, a bloke who has the physical attributes to star but shows no commitment to his team and wins less games on his own than Johnny.

Was kind of rooting for Texas. As a sooner fan that's hard lol. I wanted to see Mack get the win and the Gatorade bath, and carried off the field. It's not over but not looking good :(

Kevtones

Dopest downing ever by Ike.

Also why would the coaches go for it there?

Also the offense has looked incredibly sloppy aside from Mariota. Helfrich has struggled focusing this team all year.

Ugh.

Yeah from the doco, my understanding was clarett didn't do anything wrong but his life spiraled out of control when he was banned. It made the athletic director look pretty bad and that the ban was just a personal vendetta against mo.

Still, 1200 odd yards as a true Freshman running back must have been pretty good to watch.

Done remind me, he could have been the best ever.THE BEST EVEEEEEER.

/CRY

Two pick-6s for McCoy. He's the real deal.

Also: need gif of that Texas girl's reaction.

Edit:
830739081.gif

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like Davis Webb will be starting over Brewer.

I think we'll still see Brewer at some point outside of garbage time, though, and I'm not sure why I think that.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
And Alabama should be playing Florida State, but fucking kickers, mayne.

The Dan Beebe twitter a account is going off on Tejas :jnc

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Poor Webb sure hasn't been scared of running this season but he gets roughed up a lot of the time when he tries. :jnc

Don't see the fullback's number get called very often at Tech, run OR pass. I can't even remember the last time Hall or Ontiveros touched the ball before that TD.

jakncoke

Banned
Fucking Arizona St. Where is that fucking ASU fan that was crying about getting shit on in rankings. This is why. You deserve all the pain.

Piggus

Got back to the hotel. Fun game! My god some of the Texas fans were some of the most delusional fans I've ever met though lol.

Top Bottom