• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2013 |Bowl Games| FSU IS BACK BABY, JAMEIS HEI5MAN, & GATAS IN THE TOILET BOWL!

MIMIC

Banned
Is it typical for the Alamo bowl to host two teams whose rankings differ by such a large margin? No. 10 vs. unranked seems kinda weird for a post-season bowl.

Is it typical for the Alamo bowl to host two teams whose rankings differ by such a large margin? No. 10 vs. unranked seems kinda weird for a post-season bowl.

It's that Texa$$ money. Easy to get their fans to travel to the Alamo Bowl and give a fond farewell to Mack, as well as see what them fancy-pants Ducks are all about, y'all. They're definitely in an undeservedly "high" bowl though.

I was wondering this.

BTW it's my first time tuning into a bowl game. So I'm not familiar at all with how it works.

kinda glad i forgot to import my picks, would be in 33rd place right now. All though I only moved one team from points so still have a ton of possible points left.

Looks like Texas watched the Stanford game and realized Oregon's D-line is way undersized. The Texas line should be able to push them around all game. Bonus side effect: Keeps Oregon's offense off the field.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
So I've heard OBC jr is interested in our OC job. I know the Spurriers have a great relationship with Duke and he's an alum but I'ma assume Cut has someone else in mind. We'll find out after our asskicking tomorrow night.

Kevtones

Fucking helmet rule.

Mariota is such a different player when healthy. God fuck this season sometimes.

Also, that was a penalty on Oregon there but Texas has been doing the same thing all game basically.

Last year was #15 vs UNR, year before was #16 vs UNR, 2000 was #8 vs #19.

So its not completely unprecedented.

Edit: Beaten.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Fucking helmet rule.

Mariota is such a different player when healthy. God fuck this season sometimes.

Also, that was a penalty on Oregon there but Texas has been doing the same thing all game basically.

it's what happens when your QB runs for production. They get dinged up, and then they don't perform, and your offense suffers.

Also, running hurry up all game long leads to more injuries.[/Saban]

Kevtones

Great, Mariota's injured.

Yeah. But while it might've ended differently, I'm not so sure. Oregon needs to bulk up, they really have a hard time dealing with much bigger players blowing them up on the line, which is what was happening all game for them.

Still, it always sucks to have a crucial part of the offense get jammed up. We would've beat UCLA if fucking Booty hadn't played with a broken hand or whatever, instead we lost and were kept out of the MNC game that year. So I feel your pain.

Also, I'm moving to the Portland area in January, so I'm gonna be surrounded by Ducks fans :( If you have suggestions on cool places to go/eat in that area shoot 'em by me. Same for the rest of you Ducks in the area.

Hell yeah! What part?!

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Maybe. I didn't see the play where he got injured; what exactly happened?

Don't know, just tuned in. But he is clearly hurting/limping. Looks like a stretched muscle or something.

I mean look at that shit. Dude just falls. Get his dumb ass out.

Top Bottom