• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2013 |Bowl Games| FSU IS BACK BABY, JAMEIS HEI5MAN, & GATAS IN THE TOILET BOWL!

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I suppose if Bama had made the title game they would've had to warn fans to not poison the trees, yeah?

How many trees are there in this nation? And a Bama fan poisoned two of them. I think the odds would have been in the palm trees' favor that they would NOT have been poisoned.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Unfortunately I think Amaro is going to the NFL after this season. Heard a day or two ago that he'd make an announcement soon, verbiage which sounds like it's going to come with him deciding to leave, and there are some reports on ESPN that he's leaving as well.

REALLY going to miss him next season if he leaves but at least the offense as a whole will be a lot more experienced. Terrified of what we would have looked like without him this season with our true freshman QBs and offensive line depth issues but Webb and Brewer should both be back and we only graduate one OL with playing time.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
So who picked TT for this game? Probably just Monroeski, right? ;)

...and I only gave as many as 5 confidence points because I forgot to set my early picks so 1-4 had already played. :jnc

::edit::
Looks like PerfectChaos picked Tech as well, with 16 confidence points. Everybody but the two of us picked Arizona State, with an average of 25.61 confidence points. 16 of the 33 picks had ASU with 30+ confidence points.

Of course, it looks like our normal run defense is starting to show up so I expect ASU to start putting up some more points here in the near future.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Game is hardly over.

I agree. Defense has played great in the first half but Lord knows they can turn south in a hurry. Going to need the offense to stop stalling out if we want to win this because I think ASU is likely to score at least the 14 points they need to tie in the second half. We probably need a couple of touchdowns or more to put this away/make me feel safe.

Sure feel better about them heading into the locker room on a down note than if they had scored, though.

Balphon

How many trees are there in this nation? And a Bama fan poisoned two of them. I think the odds would have been in the palm trees' favor that they would NOT have been poisoned.

Hey, I'm working with a limited sample size here. All I know is that my research indicates that Bama fans are behind 100% of mysterious tree poisonings in the United States.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
That guy with the TD has a pretty crazy life story.

When Tenaha WR Reginald Davis was two years old his Mom died. Six years later, his Dad passed on as well. Eventually, he moved in with his Grandmother, who raised him until she passed away when he was 13. She left him a trailer house and a broken down car that ran half the time, and he’s raised himself for the most part. Through all this, the kid has never been in trouble and will graduate near the top of his class. He wants to major in Engineering in college.

He's been on the fringe of breaking out all year long and I think he's going to have a GREAT season in 2014.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
What a ridiculous game. Completely on ASU. Everytime they had a chance to get back into the game, they just completely shit their pants.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Well, I thought Tech winning was a possibility, but didn't really think it was likely, and I certainly didn't expect it to turn out like it did. We were pretty much in control for the entire game; never really pulled away but never really put the outcome of the game in doubt, either.

Really nice to get that win after the 5 game slide to finish the regular season.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Has Manziel been dragged out of his hotel room yet after a dead hooker was discovered there?

No?

I'll be right back.....gotta make some phone calls.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Hey, I'm working with a limited sample size here. All I know is that my research indicates that Bama fans are behind 100% of mysterious tree poisonings in the United States.
All THAT indicates is that should the palm trees in Pasadena be poisoned, you might want to start your investigation with Alabama fans. It is statistically improbable, based upon historical trends [ 2 trees poisoned by Alabama fans out of the 3.9 gazillion trees that have grown since the university first fielded a football team ] that an Alabama fan would poison one of the palm trees.

Vanderbilt HC James Franklin is Penn State's top target if Bill O'Brien jumps to the NFL, according to beat writer David Jones.
"Franklin is the young, vibrant head coach at Vanderbilt who carries strong Pennsylvania ties through his upbringing in the Philadelphia suburb of Langhorne," Jones writes. Athletic director Dave Joyner apparently has direct connections with Franklin through family members.
Penn.

jakncoke

Banned
Several thoughts

1) Yesterday killed my potential points
2) wow there isnt many entrants (only 32)
3) lol jcx is doing terrible 5 of 19 correct picks

andycapps

Georgia Southern is eying UGA's OC, Mike Bobo, for their head coaching job. I don't expect him to leave as they're a triple option team, and he's very much a pro-style with some spread in there. Also, it'd be a pretty massive paycut. This will get him a nice bump in salary this year though.

Ace 8095

Georgia Southern is eying UGA's OC, Mike Bobo, for their head coaching job. I don't expect him to leave as they're a triple option team, and he's very much a pro-style with some spread in there. Also, it'd be a pretty massive paycut. This will get him a nice bump in salary this year though.
Our fan base would explode if we get a coach who abandons the triple option. We can't afford Bobo anyway.

andycapps

Our fan base would explode if we get a coach who abandons the triple option. We can't afford Bobo anyway.

No, you can't. He already makes twice what Monken made. This should give him a raise to make 3 times what Monken made.

If they forced him to do the triple option, there'd be no reason to get him. He has no background in it and wouldn't want to do that. What exactly is Georgia Southern's attachment to the triple option? At some point they'll have to abandon it.

andycapps

Yay now Braxton got the stomach bug!

Gurley and our new QB, Mason, had it last week.

Speaking of Gurley, someone attributed something to him yesterday that I'm not sure is true or not, but I like it. Supposedly he said that they play Georgia Tech every year to get ready for Georgia Southern every 4 years.

cashman

Banned
Supposedly UT is down to 4 finalists for next head coach: Briles, Fisher, Franklin, and Strong.

Out of those I'd want Briles as my first choice, then Strong, and then Franklin. I left out Fisher because I don't think that it's realistic at all.

jbug617

Banned
Supposedly UT is down to 4 finalists for next head coach: Briles, Fisher, Franklin, and Strong.

Out of those I'd want Briles as my first choice, then Strong, and then Franklin. I left out Fisher because I don't think that it's realistic at all.

Fisher just signed an extension with FSU today.

@schadjoe: Florida State announces Jimbo Fisher has signed a contract that will "keep Fisher as head coach until at least January 2019."

Balphon

All THAT indicates is that should the palm trees in Pasadena be poisoned, you might want to start your investigation with Alabama fans. It is statistically improbable, based upon historical trends [ 2 trees poisoned by Alabama fans out of the 3.9 gazillion trees that have grown since the university first fielded a football team ] that an Alabama fan would poison one of the palm trees.

Methinks you doth protest too much. How many trees are in your backyard, I wonder?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Bc1EvT7CQAAuqc_.jpg:large

Draxal

How important is having a Texas guy in Texas? Obviously Mack Brown, wasn't a Texas guy but he seemed to play ball with the Texas schools early in his career unlike Mackovic (and Mackovic is the reason I'm questioning if the guy has to be a Texas guy).

Briles would seem the smart choice, and if I were him I'd take that job over the Redskins job (who the hell would want to work for Snyder).

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
How important is having a Texas guy in Texas? Obviously Mack Brown, wasn't a Texas guy but he seemed to play ball with the Texas schools early in his career unlike Mackovic (and Mackovic is the reason I'm questioning if the guy has to be a Texas guy).

Briles would seem the smart choice, and if I were him I'd take that job over the Redskins job (who the hell would want to work for Snyder).

IMO Texas is pretty much the only job Briles would leave Baylor for. From small town Texas, made his name as a coach in small town Texas, and has hopped between Texas colleges his entire career. He's not going to step down to a team like Houston or SMU, and he's made it through two Texas Tech (his alma mater) coaching searches without getting hired there, so that basically just leaves UT and A&M and A&M is happy with the coach they have.

For that matter I would honestly not be very surprised if UT offered him the job and he opted to stay in Waco. Wouldn't be overly surprised if he took it, either. About the only thing that would surprise me is if he's in any coaching job on any level that's not Baylor or UT in the next few seasons. I would be downright shocked if he took the Redskins job.

Top Bottom