• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2013 |Bowl Games| FSU IS BACK BABY, JAMEIS HEI5MAN, & GATAS IN THE TOILET BOWL!

cashman

Banned
IMO Texas is pretty much the only job Briles would leave Baylor for. From small town Texas, made his name as a coach in small town Texas, and has hopped between Texas colleges his entire career. He's not going to step down to a team like Houston or SMU, and he's made it through two Texas Tech (his alma mater) coaching searches without getting hired there, so that basically just leaves UT and A&M and A&M is happy with the coach they have.

For that matter I would honestly not be very surprised if UT offered him the job and he opted to stay in Waco. Wouldn't be overly surprised if he took it, either. About the only thing that would surprise me is if he's in any coaching job on any level that's not Baylor or UT in the next few seasons. I would be downright shocked if he took the Redskins job.

I think Briles is content at Baylor, and it would be a pretty major upset if goes to Texas. The new coach will probably end up being Charlie Strong (who they just interviewed) and I'll be pretty happy with that pick up for Texas.

Jordan may be a 7th round sleeper for a team. Guy can hit and also catch

E: And Hundley ends his season with a wide open toss to Duarte.

He's coming back Branduil!!

Virginia Tech offense has been terrible all year. They played Duke in Blacksburg, held them to 198 total yards, 0-11 on 3rd downs, 4 turnovers, and lost the game 13-10.

VT had almost 400 yards of total offense, held the ball 40 minutes, but also had 4 interceptions of their own. That was actually one of their better offensive games. For the season, they averaged 359 yards, good for 100th out of 123 FBS schools.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/team/_/stat/total

The ACC is about to fall to 3-5 in bowls this year with 3 games left to play. (Duke/A&M, Clemson/Ohio State, MNC)

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Virginia Tech offense has been terrible all year. They played Duke in Blacksburg, held them to 198 total yards, 0-11 on 3rd downs, 4 turnovers, and lost the game 13-10.

VT had almost 400 yards of total offense, held the ball 40 minutes, but also had 4 interceptions of their own. That was actually one of their better offensive games. For the season, they averaged 359 yards, good for 100th out of 123 FBS schools.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/team/_/stat/total

The ACC is about to fall to 3-5 in bowls this year with 3 games left to play. (Duke/A&M, Clemson/Ohio State, MNC)

Gonna be 3-6. A&M's gonna try to kill Duke, being JFF's and Evan's last game.

Karakand

P.S. This was inspired by you telling me to read it like two years ago. :p

I try not to post because I'm not a good influence but I still lurk Book-GAF so I knew this was January's choice but I didn't know why until now. :O

I anxiously await my appearance as an anecdote in a future Malcolm Gladwell bestseller.

Enjoy.

Noooooooo

@DanWolken: I can confirm that they ran out of chicken sandwiches in the Chick-fil-A Bowl press box. Crushing defeat for media gluttony.

Noooooooo

@DanWolken: I can confirm that they ran out of chicken sandwiches in the Chick-fil-A Bowl press box. Crushing defeat for media gluttony.

Time to order Zaxbys delivery

edit: does anyone else cringe while listening to Dan Cathy talk? Smile and put on a tolerant facade you hateful bastard, I see right through it.

Homeboyd

Instead of losing games 47-40 like A&M seemingly did this year, next year they will be losing games 47-3 without Manziel.
Yeah but see our only problem is we aren't good at football. If we were, then, you know... No worries. But, we aren't. So.

But still. It's just one problem.

This is going to be a fun game to watch.

Johnny should really come back for next season. Alabama, lsu and auburn should all be weaker and they would have their best chance at winning the conference.

Also, given how many good qbs will be in this years draft, he will make a lot more money by playing another season of college and then going in the next draft but higher up.

Top Bottom