• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2013 |Bowl Games| FSU IS BACK BABY, JAMEIS HEI5MAN, & GATAS IN THE TOILET BOWL!

I love this honest quote from your 2013 THE Home Depot Coach of the Year, Gustav Malzahn III:

"I don't know if I've ever had a team come as far as we have," Malzahn said after the Tigers officially received their BCS invitation. "The very first game, we were an average-at-best team. We were a work in progress probably the first half of the season."

It really is like watching a completely different team. Earlier in the season, here was much more variety but much worse execution. They threw the ball more often, played more guys, and tried more gimmicks. As the season went on, Malzahn honed in on what worked and just executed the hell out of it. Reminds me of 2010, which also had a slow start and a very strong finish.

The's the blueprint to winning, unquestionably. Or at least what always generally happens with winning teams.

There was also quite bit of luck involved, I'd say. ;)

MIMIC

Banned
Orange Bowl's in Florida. I'M in Florida. I might go! ^_^

I hope my (jinx bastard) friend comes down from Ohio, otherwise....I dunno.

andycapps

I love this honest quote from your 2013 THE Home Depot Coach of the Year, Gustav Malzahn III:

"I don't know if I've ever had a team come as far as we have," Malzahn said after the Tigers officially received their BCS invitation. "The very first game, we were an average-at-best team. We were a work in progress probably the first half of the season."

It really is like watching a completely different team. Earlier in the season, there was much more variety but much worse execution. They threw the ball more often, played more guys, and tried more gimmicks. As the season went on, Malzahn honed in on what worked and just executed the hell out of it. Reminds me of 2010, which also had a slow start and a very strong finish.

It is pretty awesome that Auburn is 26-1 when starting a QB that was kicked off another team for stealing.

Seeing Nick Marshall's Georgia tattoo makes me laugh every time.

Congrats! I missed out on tickets unfortunately.

Thanks, man. The season tickets really came in handy. I've only had them for two years but our seats are always occupied. Given how low I am in the pecking order it may have factored in.

If you're vigilant you might find some students looking to sell their tickets for "book money".

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Urban and Kerry Combs are doing an in home visit with him today.

The thing about Flight tracking during COACHAGEDDON, is you have tons of information about where these planes are landing. The one that it appears that Saban took, landed in Fournette's hometown in the AM, and stopped back by again in the evening, before heading to Tuscaloosa.

So, it appears he's still making a big push on LF (and with Burton Burns, RB Coach, along for the ride)

Heath Cline ‏@heathradio 21m
Spurrier to Bianchi: "I didn't know Jadeveon's car that could go that fast. He doesn't have a pretty car like those FSU guys used to drive."

Head Ball Coach, everybody.

I believe he trolls Florida, too.

Heath Cline ‏@heathradio 43m
"Somebody told me the Gators were going to be home, so hopefully we can get some of them to come down here." pic.twitter.com/NjAvWFaSyG

Capital One Bowl ‏@CapitalOneBowl 46m
Spurrier: "Somebody told me the Gators are staying home for the holidays, maybe we can get a bunch of Gators to come to our game." #HBC

HeySeuss

Screen_shot_2013-12-09_at_5.03.36_PM.png

picture of the Johnny U statue in the endzone from this past winter weekend

The floor looks straight out of a Zelda game and that statue needed to be pushed there to activate the switch that opened the stone door to the field.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Is it true he has already decided on Arizona State as his destination? Is he guaranteed to start there?

Everything's a rumor at this point. The only place the ASU rumor has popped up is on OrangeBloods to my knowledge.

Not even sure why he's leaving, though he has said it is a "miscommunication" with the coaching staff, which most Tech fans are translating as "Brewer is probably starting for the Bowl Game so Mayfield is taking his ball and going home."

That's classic. Though, I have to say, I truly believe playing a fuckton of Madden and NCAA can genuinely build you a decent understanding of playcalling, not unlike how playing a lot of Gran Turismo or Forza can genuinely make you a better driver (understanding sightlines & breaking distance & etc.). Some uber-nerd with like 3,000 Madden games under his belt could probably give Al Borges a run for his money.

McCombs may have just called Case McCoy a half gimp.

Listen old man, I appreciate your money, but don't get personal with the players. Case McCoy has enough herp and derp on the field to criticize. Don't answer the phone a while.

McCombs may have just called Case McCoy a half gimp.

Listen old man, I appreciate your money, but don't get personal with the players. Case McCoy has enough herp and derp on the field to criticize. Don't answer the phone a while.

The old men with money at UT have been as brash with their statements as Gordon Gee as of late. For once in their life, UT isn't coddling them with support and praise. The status of Mack is out of their hands because its a decision bigger than the biggest donors and its frustrating the hell out of them. Especially joe Jamail.

pxleyes

Banned
He had a comment about the Gatas staying home and that they should swing by and watch USCe play. Trollolololol

Someone should really ask him about the Texas coaching vacancy.

Ya, it was a good jab. Don't even care when it is against the Gators. He is just too good at it. Gotta encourage the madness.

Interesting quotes from Braxton today....

Miller is wary of exposing himself to the kind of injury he suffered in September, a sprained left knee. He attempted 153 rushes this season (down from 227 last year), averaging 16.5 in the Buckeyes’ final four games.

He said he’s “getting tired” of the pounding and is well aware that Ohio State will lose four senior starters on its offensive line.

He wants to develop as more of a traditional, pro-style quarterback, saying: “We recruit running backs. They’re on scholarship, too.”

Talon

Interesting quotes from Braxton today....

Miller is wary of exposing himself to the kind of injury he suffered in September, a sprained left knee. He attempted 153 rushes this season (down from 227 last year), averaging 16.5 in the Buckeyes’ final four games.

He said he’s “getting tired” of the pounding and is well aware that Ohio State will lose four senior starters on its offensive line.

He wants to develop as more of a traditional, pro-style quarterback, saying: “We recruit running backs. They’re on scholarship, too.”
Chris-Leak-Florida-Coaching-Staff.jpg

pxleyes

Banned
Sounds like Braxton is planting the seeds for skipping his senior year, despite what he said last week.

Can't really blame the kid. Meyer's system wins in college, but it does very little to develop NFL QBs as of late. Alex Smith was the last one, right?

andycapps

So uh, Aaron Murray has a really hot girlfriend. Was reminded of that when I looked in the hot news anchor thread before it got closed. Google image search Kacie Mcdonell. You're welcome. I'd be curious how they met, but I'm guessing it was through Brandon Boykin, who went pro and to the Eagles last year. Also:

“Smoking-hot girlfriend” must be the new recruiting pitch for any potential SEC quarterback now that Murray has joined the likes of A.J. McCarron and Johnny Manziel.

McDonnell, who graduated from Villanova in 2012, previously dated Minnesota Vikings quarterback Christian Ponder and Phillies pitcher Jonathan Pettibone. She must have a thing for athletes.

Top Bottom