• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2013 |Bowl Games| FSU IS BACK BABY, JAMEIS HEI5MAN, & GATAS IN THE TOILET BOWL!

Interesting quotes from Braxton today....

Miller is wary of exposing himself to the kind of injury he suffered in September, a sprained left knee. He attempted 153 rushes this season (down from 227 last year), averaging 16.5 in the Buckeyes’ final four games.

He said he’s “getting tired” of the pounding and is well aware that Ohio State will lose four senior starters on its offensive line.

He wants to develop as more of a traditional, pro-style quarterback, saying: “We recruit running backs. They’re on scholarship, too.”

Brax is never going to succeed as a traditional pro-style quarterback. I think he needs to switch to another position entirely if he wants a successful NFL career.

So uh, Aaron Murray has a really hot girlfriend. Was reminded of that when I looked in the hot news anchor thread before it got closed. Google image search Kacie Mcdonell. You're welcome. I'd be curious how they met, but I'm guessing it was through Brandon Boykin, who went pro and to the Eagles last year. Also:

If Ponder was half as good playing football as he is pulling the ladies, he'd be hall of fame.

Silkworm

Tebow was an NFL QB (lol)

And Spurrier's fun and gun didn't exactly translate to a lot of success for former Gator QB's either :-\ Man I had hopes for Wuerrful as an NFL QB being a Saints fan but it wasn't meant to be. However he seems to be doing just fine nowadays with his ministry (and I believe he's fully recovered from his bout with Guillain-Barre Syndrome in 2011) and I suspect Tebow post-NFL will carry out a similar product life.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Bama guys: AJ McCarron named a Walter Camp First String All American. This is huge, because it means that he will be eligible for entrance into the College Football Hall of Fame.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
tumblr_mb1mn7zZ9K1qhjvc4.gif

If Mack doesn't announce his resignation tomorrow, I'm going to start getting worried. He's probably going to cry to Patterson and Powers "Just give me a chance to beat Oregon! Please I beg of you!"

Bob Diaco is going to have some classic press conferences at UConn. Dude's out of his mind. He probably eats 100 pixie stix for breakfast.

Lonestar

Not sure what the timing means

There's something in there that also means he has to coach at least his 1st year. He cannot leave for another job this offseason. Protection against Texas going after him (and anyone else)

squicken

There's something in there that also means he has to coach at least his 1st year. He cannot leave for another job this offseason. Protection against Texas going after him (and anyone else)

Thanks. I do really think he likes it there, but isn't above using the system to get more money.

cashman

Banned

He was never going to Texas. This is mostly about sticking around for the new stadium.

Enfinit

I'm confused as to how Jameis can win the O'Brien award but not the Maxwell... When he's competing against the same individuals. How does that make sense?

squicken

I'm confused as to how Jameis can win the O'Brien award but not the Maxwell... When he's competing against the same individuals. How does that make sense?

Manziel was first team All SEC, but McCarron was first team Maxwell. I think coaches vote for the conference team, but there may have been a desire to give McCarron a career achievement award

Things I love in this thread today:

1. UND Resume. Brilliant.
2. HBC going after Florida teams. Love it.
3. AJ winning the Maxwell. It's a good way to give him a lifetime achievement award, which he deserves for this incredible run as a VERY underrated part of Alabama's success over the past few years. Now if we can just figure out how to laser off that hideous tattoo.

mre

I don't know... it's almost as if the awards are given out by different organizations.

If you want to be confused about something, ponder why Winston was the Walter Camp player of the year, but was second team on their All American list.

andycapps

Wait so Aaron Murray didn't live up to his pre-season billing? the hell?

I'd say he probably exceeded it. His problem was the shitty defense on his team and that he got his ACL torn in the next to last game. And his #1 receiver being out for the year in the first game. And his remaining top receivers being out for the year or out for multiple games. Voters don't typically vote for guys on teams that have 4 losses.

Yeah about him, he's going to compete at UGA's pro day when they have it, but obviously not do a ton. He's going to drop back and throw some passes and do a couple other things, but he's going through rehab and has been encouraged by what Marlon Brown did last year and how he's been able to play his way into a starting role with the Ravens. He was on the awards circuit this week and the team's athletic trainer traveled with him so he could continue to do rehab twice a day throughout the awards and interviews and sightseeing and all that.

mre

Shit's going down on ESPN about potentially doctored medical records in the Winston case.

Medical records from Tallahassee hospital explicitly state that the doctor who examined the victim believes her injuries were consistent with sexual assault.

Lonestar

Shit's going down on ESPN about potentially doctored medical records in the Winston case.

Medical records from Tallahassee hospital explicitly state that the doctor who examined the victim believes her injuries were consistent with sexual assault.

prison sentences for everyone!

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.

I honestly hope none of this is true, but if it is true then a whole lot of people need to go to jail to figure out what is actually important in life (the answer is not a bunch of 20 year olds playing a game).

Not to make light of the situation, but aren't all medical records technically "doctored."

squicken

I read something in the Tampa paper that the bar they met at had tons of security footage that police never bothered to look at. When it first was reported, I thought that the police would be found to have stuck their heads in the ground, not wanting to know if the allegation was true or not. Seems like that is the best case for the police department

Lonestar

I read something in the Tampa paper that the bar they met at had tons of security footage that police never bothered to look at. When it first was reported, I thought that the police would be found to have stuck their heads in the ground, not wanting to know if the allegation was true or not. Seems like that is the best case for the police department

Yeah, they waited too long to get the footage from Potbelly's (where she was at and drinking), and the footage was already recorded over before they bothered to look (a month afterwards).

KingGondo

Banned
I honestly hope none of this is true, but if it is true then a whole lot of people need to go to jail to figure out what is actually important in life (the answer is not a bunch of 20 year olds playing a game).
Brb, forwarding this post to Jimmy Sexton.

No way Saban comes if he sees this disgusting sentiment being expressed by Texas fans.

mre

I'm confused by who did the tampering allegedly.
The lawyer didn't point fingers that I saw. She held up one copy and said these are the records straight from the hospital and held up another copy and said these were released last week by the state attorney and they are redacted with this specific information withheld. The redacted information was not the type of information that is typically redacted for privacy purposes, but was information that seemingly supported the accusation of rape.

Still, it was either redacted by TPD or by the state attorney.

Lonestar

Been following on Twitter...

They are admitting they cut off contact now? This woman seems pretty bad at her job.

Not following this sentence.

She's saying that the 2 witnesses are biased, being teammate's protecting each other, and that Casher admitted to 2 crimes during a videotaped affidavit (Videotaping a sex act without consent of the participants, and destruction of evidence by deleting said video) and he's still being believed (and not charged).

She also claimed that she was only tested for Alcohol, not drugs, perhaps implying ghb?

Phenomic

In no way did I think this press conference could be any stranger than the Willie Meggs one.... why is this lady outside where she literally cannot see blinded by the sun, with sunglasses on and in front of what looks like 200 seagulls.

She just ranted something and I couldn't keep up with it at all. How can they prove any of this is actually happening to convict Jameis at this point with any of this?

squicken

In no way did I think this press conference could be any stranger than the Willie Meggs one.... why is this lady outside where she literally cannot see blinded by the sun, with sunglasses on and in front of what looks like 200 seagulls.

She just ranted something and I couldn't keep up with it at all. How can they prove any of this is actually happening to convict Jameis at this point with any of this?

Winston is free and clear ciminally. I think they are going after the police and state's attorney for botching the case. It is silly that we are supposed to believe two affidavits, provided by friends of the accused, taken 11 months later, as exculpatory. One of which confesses to a couple of crimes

Mr. Patch

Not following this sentence.

She's saying that the 2 witnesses are biased, being teammate's protecting each other, and that Casher admitted to 2 crimes during a videotaped affidavit (Videotaping a sex act without consent of the participants, and destruction of evidence by deleting said video) and he's still being believed (and not charged).

She also claimed that she was only tested for Alcohol, not drugs, perhaps implying ghb?

Losing contact with the accuser is the reason why TPD left this whole thing dead back in February.

Top Bottom