• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Offseason 2014: The Spartans End a B1G Case of Wiscy Dick, Cold Pizza for Victims

Status
Not open for further replies.
So who is up for FFXIV beta on PS4 this weekend?

Distances between Waffle Houses here in the Birmingham/Tuscaloosa area is the standard 5-10 miles apart. Now, there are some that are 2 and 3 miles apart, but the only one that I know of that are in the "obscenely close to each other" are 2 around US 31 and I-65 in Hoover/Vestavia Hills

V4pi7kt.jpg

Might be fortunate to be 1/4 of a mile. Lower one is built into a hotel, the upper one is the standard building.

McDonalds has a lot of next door locations too if you include the ones in Wal-mart. Just about every town in Texas with a Wal-Mart has a McDonalds inside, and a stand alone McDonalds right across the street if not in the parkinglot!

andycapps

Steve Spurrier is a godsend. And Bert Bielema is scum.

I hesitate to talk about Spurrier in that way because I hate him, but I love him at the same time for moments like these.

Thomas Brown is the new RB coach at Wisconsin. Former UGA RB, coached RB's at Marshall before this. Probably a good coach for them. When he was at UGA he set the record for strongest player pound for pound. 5'8" 200 and could bench 470 lbs, 610 lbs squat, and 347 power clean.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Spurrier has chimed in on the "10 second" rule proposal:

http://i.imgur.com/o4Zw4.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Apparently Kingsbury was on Outside the Lines and they had an interaction that was something like this -
[quote]
Host: How much of Nick Saban's self interest do you think is at work here and how much of it is honest consideration of player safety?

Kliff: ::chuckles:: I mean he showed up at a meeting and made it be known, and I know the last 3 losses he's had have been to up tempo teams, so I'll just leave it at that.[/quote]

Next thing you know, Saban will propose we should eliminate the option of returning a missed FG that doesn't make it out of the end zone. Its basically a broken play that leaves whoever is running back the ball at high risk for being injured since he has no protection. A FG attempt that doesn't have the leg to get it out of the end zone should be a dead ball.

cdyhybrid

I don't get why Bielema is so strongly supporting this rule, though. His teams are going to get stomped regardless of what kind of offense the opponent uses.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Apparently Kingsbury was on Outside the Lines and they had an interaction that was something like this -

It's not like missing 3 field goals, not kicking a chip shot field goal, attempting an un-makeable field goal, or 5 turnovers, will result in losses. Nope nope nope. It was the tempo, and only the tempo.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Next thing you know, Saban will propose we should eliminate the option of returning a missed FG that doesn't make it out of the end zone. Its basically a broken play that leaves whoever is running back the ball at high risk for being injured since he has no protection. A FG attempt that doesn't have the leg to get it out of the end zone should be a dead ball.
Now that's a rule change I can get behind!

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
It's not like missing 3 field goals, not kicking a chip shot field goal, attempting an un-makeable field goal, or 5 turnovers, will result in losses. Nope nope nope. It was the tempo, and only the tempo.

Take it up with Saban. Everybody has known since minute one that he's been the driving force behind the rule proposal.

Lonestar

Take it up with Saban. Everybody has known since minute one that he's been the driving force behind the rule proposal.

He's mentioned or been mentioned twice. A long time ago when he originally brought it up, and "he was in the meeting." Hasn't said anything since then.

This has been Bert's campaign for a few weeks now. But thanks for contributing to the Ego of Saban, by over inflating his power.

If we're gonna get rid of the Saban Rules, lets start with the ones that are actually in the rule book, first.

Even if this did really have to do with player safety (it doesn't), what in the world does Agu have to do with it? Does Bert think teams won't do conditioning training anymore? Arkansas should be given a 10 second play clock this year out of spite.

I feel confident in saying that of all the sport related sub-communities on GAF, we would be the last one that goes due to misbehavior and personal attacks. I like this crew a lot. We don't antagonize the passing minority of insulting fans by giving them what they want, and over a period of time they sort of just disappear on their own.

Talon

Shit. For those who forgot, this was the "Don't mess with ND football" threat.
In Sept. 2010, Seeberg accused an Irish football player of sexually assaulting her in a dorm room. She committed suicide 10 days later. Without her testimony, charges were never filed in the case. Her parents have criticized Notre Dame for not acting quicker to investigate or interview the alleged perpetrator.

Rumors swirled online about the identity of the player, but Shembo acknowledged Saturday that the unknown player in question was him.

“I just tell [NFL team executives] the truth, I have nothing to hide,” said Shembo, who estimated that 26 teams have interviewed him. “No one’s heard from me one time. Do you go off of one person’s story?

“I’m still here, so I know I didn’t do anything. I tell them exactly what happened.”

Shembo said the questions teams have asked him did not come as a surprise because “it’s all over the internet. Everyone that does the background check can type my name in and you’ll see all the stuff that people have said about me and have never heard from my mouth.”

Irish coach Brian Kelly told Shembo he could not discuss the matter publicly, Shembo said.

“Yes, I wanted to talk about it, but they had to keep everything confidential,” said Shembo, who added that he did not lobby Kelly for the opportunity to speak about it. “Now that I’m out [of the university], I can talk about it.

“My name was going to flames and it just made my name look bad and I can’t even speak.”

Shembo's allotted interview time ran out before he could share more details from his side of the story.

He registered 48 tackles and 5.5 sacks as a senior during the 2013 season and is a projected mid-round selection in May's NFL Draft.
Link

Lonestar

Hey, FF XIV beta is up on PS4, if anyone is interested in something to do during this barren time of No Football.

Go to beta server 4, that's where me and mre are at.

At first I was confused as to why aggy is not scheduled to have their spring game, then i remembered there would be no place to play it since Kyle field is being renovated.

Clowney ran a 4.47 40. So there's that. Now if you just ignore how he played this year (or didn't) and focus on his 40 time, then he'll be a top 5 pick!

He'll be a top 5 pick anyway, but having a better freshman year than sophomore year raises red flags. I hope the Texans don't grant him the overall #1 pick, and I don't want them to take Manziel either. If we take a QB, I want Teddy or Blake. If not, then I'm okay with trading the pick...

andycapps

officially a 4.53, making Clowney old news and a bum.

:jnc

He'll be a top 5 pick anyway, but having a better freshman year than sophomore year raises red flags. I hope the Texans don't grant him the overall #1 pick, and I don't want them to take Manziel either. If we take a QB, I want Teddy or Blake. If not, then I'm okay with trading the pick...

I saw a draft saying the Falcons would take him, I really hope not. They do need a pass rusher, but they need a guy with less questions on his character and work ethic.

Draxal

:jnc

I saw a draft saying the Falcons would take him, I really hope not. They do need a pass rusher, but they need a guy with less questions on his character and work ethic.

I know people are questioning about Clowney's ethics, but he's really breaks the mold, he would have been number 1 overall if he was allowed to come out for last years draft. He was just protecting himself for the money, which isn't the worst thing you can do, especially if you played in the same school as Marcus Lattimore.

andycapps

I know people are questioning about Clowney's ethics, but he's really breaks the mold, he would have been number 1 overall if he was allowed to come out for last years draft. He was just protecting himself for the money, which isn't the worst thing you can do, especially if you played in the same school as Marcus Lattimore.

I don't know man, when you have Spurrier questioning your work ethic, that says something. You see it as him protecting himself as a business decision, lot of teams will see it as him playing when he wants to play.

Draxal

I don't know man, when you have Spurrier questioning your work ethic, that says something. You see it as him protecting himself as a business decision, lot of teams will see it as him playing when he wants to play.

I just think Spurrier is being salty for good reason, you don't want to have players getting special treatment on your team, but Clowney was such a talent that he had to give him that treament.

It's like Coach K being grumpy about all the one and dones yet getting Kyrie Irving and Jabari Parker.

It's really the system that it's at fault, but unlike bball there are very few athletes that break the mold to the degree that Clowney does in football.

Damn, Rutgers. Even walk-on commitments are leaving. Someone just flipped from RU to UCF. TE position.

And :jnc at those VT uniforms. The hell.....

Draxal

Damn, Rutgers. Even walk-on commitments are leaving. Someone just flipped from RU to UCF. TE position.

And :jnc at those VT uniforms. The hell.....

Well, can't blame him for that, UCF instate is only a billion times cheaper than Rutgers outofstate especially when he's from the Orlando area.

Now every recruit that flipped to PSU can go fuck themselves.

Subitai

Well, can't blame him for that, UCF instate is only a billion times cheaper than Rutgers outofstate especially when he's from the Orlando area.

Now every recruit that flipped to PSU can go fuck themselves.
Ok, so not just the ones from NJ or the any that might get flipped to other schools?

Either way, everyone in the east is still looking up to Michigan and Ohio State. I mean, they're flipping kids that are forcing other schools to flip kids.
Tell me how you really feel...
so cold

Draxal

Ok, so not just the ones from NJ or the any that might get flipped to other schools?

Either way, everyone in the east is still looking up to Michigan and Ohio State. I mean, they're flipping kids that are forcing other schools to flip kids.

so cold

If you've been reading this and previous threads you'd realize that the Rutgers fans have been salty for over a year now.

And yes, I"m salty that your head coach is straightout punking ours right now.

Subitai

If you've been reading this and previous threads you'd realize that the Rutgers fans have been salty for over a year now.

And yes, I"m salty that your head coach is straightout punking ours right now.
First, just to remind everyone, I didn't go to PSU. I'm just a fan going back to when I was about 16. A Lowes lion if you will in the vein of how Michigan alums refer to fans who didn't go to the school as Walmart wolverines. So, I try never to use possessive pronouns when refering to the Penn State school/team(s).

Anyway, yeah man, Rutger's whole coaching/administration instability situation has been a disaster. That's why I'm confused as to why you're holding it against the kids not the staff and unfortunate timing. They're just doing what they think is in their best interest. If it wasn't Franklin, it probably would have been someone else (the good news is that from the PSU side is that there are only about 15 available scholarships). Just looking at this year's unfair schedule they likely predicted a losing record. And by unfair, I mean getting the top 2 teams in the west on the road. The good news is Flood's contract is pretty cheap, so after this year goes horribly, it won't cost much to replace him.

I'd also recommend not adpopting the Pitt attitude towards PSU. The "f*ck Penn State" mentality that comes out after upsetting some other team or the "Friends Don't Let Friends Go to Penn State" t-shirts. Defining your success in terms of another school is something only traditional blue bloods can get away with. For everyone else looking in from the outside, it comes off as small minded and petty. In the end, it not only diminishes the perception, but overall potential. It is the kind of thing makes kids on the fence keep looking at PSU before Pitt. Yeah, many PSU fans are annoying and arrogant. I know this because most of the people in PA who attended a school that wasn't PSU can't stand incessant hype, so your definitely not alone in your weariness of that situation. Yeah, it sucks even more when you think Rutgers should be getting ahead of Pedo U when they're down over the next few years. Fans focusing on it though will just make things worse over the long haul.

/block of text

Draxal

First, just to remind everyone, I didn't go to PSU. I'm just a fan going back to when I was about 16. A Lowes lion if you will in the vein of how Michigan alums refer to fans who didn't go to the school as Walmart wolverines. So, I try never to use possessive pronouns when refering to the Penn State school/team(s).

Anyway, yeah man, Rutger's whole coaching/administration instability situation has been a disaster. That's why I'm confused as to why you're holding it against the kids not the staff and unfortunate timing. They're just doing what they think is in their best interest. If it wasn't Franklin, it probably would have been someone else (the good news is that from the PSU side is that there are only about 15 available scholarships). Just looking at this year's unfair schedule they likely predicted a losing record. And by unfair, I mean getting the top 2 teams in the west on the road. The good news is Flood's contract is pretty cheap, so after this year goes horribly, it won't cost much to replace him.

I'd also recommend not adpopting the Pitt attitude towards PSU. The "f*ck Penn State" mentality that comes out after upsetting some other team or the "Friends Don't Let Friends Go to Penn State" t-shirts. Defining your success in terms of another school is something only traditional blue bloods can get away with. For everyone else looking in from the outside, it comes off as small minded and petty. In the end, it not only diminishes the perception, but overall potential. It is the kind of thing makes kids on the fence keep looking at PSU before Pitt. Yeah, many PSU fans are annoying and arrogant. I know this because most of the people in PA who attended a school that wasn't PSU can't stand incessant hype, so your definitely not alone in your weariness of that situation. Yeah, it sucks even more when you think Rutgers should be getting ahead of Pedo U when they're down over the next few years. Fans focusing on it though will just make things worse over the long haul.

/block of text

Oh, I really don't give a shit about PSU one bit. I just think flipping from a 'lil bro to a big bro that you play annually is not a cool move.

And believe me Franklin is targeting Flood's recruits right now because it's so easily to negative recruit against Flood right now, and he's doing a good job of it. It's actually kinda disrespectful to Flood, so the RU/PSU game is going to be really interesting because of the whole Flood/Friedgen/Franklin traingle.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
That is true but sec fans will absolutely break a contact if they can't get the network... esp if dish does have it (which sounds likely). I am with dish currently but my contract is up in august so if they don't have it I am switching to somebody who does.

Not sure the provider of choice for rural Alabamians, but if that provider holds out on carriage, I wouldn't wish working in the call center on my worst enemy.

Lonestar

Not sure the provider of choice for rural Alabamians, but if that provider holds out on carriage, I wouldn't wish working in the call center on my worst enemy.

Sherman 2: Crimson March

There's multiple providers that I know of. I've got Bright House, which at least is separate from Comcast and Time Warner. Charter's around too. Think AT&T as well (but I can't get that or FIOS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom