• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Offseason 2014: The Spartans End a B1G Case of Wiscy Dick, Cold Pizza for Victims

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, this thread is dead. Offseason is so depressing.

UGA's new inside linebackers coach, Mike Ekeler, wrote an "op-ed" type piece for a Nebraska paper. Pretty interesting reading how the process of losing ones job at one school and then trying to get another one somewhere else works. Short of it.. Found out about Sarkisian getting the job via his car radio while he was out recruiting, Tom Osborne and Bo Pelini recommended him to Richt, Ekeler said 2 years working on Indiana's staff sucked (big surprise), and he's happy for the opportunity.

A nice look into the process, thanks for posting.

andycapps

Josh Harvey-Clemons apparently just got booted from the UGA football team.

Which led to this gem of a tweet:

https://twitter.com/celebrityhottub/status/435869379356393473
That guy is hilarious, and yeah he got kicked off the team. No shock honestly with how he'd been going. Apparently he ignored the previous punishments.

Should have been like Bama and waited until the media saw the starting lineups for the first game and then told everyone he left a long time ago.

Just graduates tight end this to say, and I concur:

@alynch1788: Just to be clear, those who decide not to do it the RIGHT way do not deserve to don the Red & Black. It is a privilege, not a right #GoDawgs

The Nkemdiches and 5 other players are being sued for millions after beating the shit out of somebody at a frat party.

Sorry about the losses in your families. It is comforting to see your come together at the funeral.

Let us know how the Pallbearer duties and stuff go perfect.

No major hitches. It was a sad day of course, and I felt really bad for my mom as she took it the worst. My aunt was like a second mother to her. Only pallbearer gaffe I made was that I wasn't aware I was supposed to leave my lapel flower on the coffin after the end of the service at the grave site, so while I was in a deep train of thought I began to notice some people looking at me funny until I realized I was supposed to take off the flower and put it on the coffin since the other pallbearers already did the same while my head was down. It was no biggie though.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Sounds like directTV is holding out on picking up the SEC network.

Maybe that'll get fixed before opening day.

The Rutgers implosion continues.

Only 4-star recruit for 2015 flips to Penn State. Follows on the heels of the last 4-star recruit for 2014 flipping to Penn State.

andycapps

It's not like cable. You have to sign like a 2 year contract when you go with satellite. Their subscribers are stuck, at least temporarily.

That's true, I don't know what the penalty is for breaking your contract, but if it's less than a couple hundred, I could see that being worth paying for people to see all the games on TV.

Pac-12 fans though that too but apparently it wasn't enough :p

PAC 12 fans and SEC fans aren't the same. Have you ever listened to Finebaum's show? :jnc

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I hope DirectTV picks it up. We don't really have anybody to change to that's worth a damn. Dish has a far less reliable signal that went out all the time when we used them, and the only cable option is even less reliable since HD channels don't even work during prime time hours.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Oh shit... hey, Bama-GAF. It's time for Saban to avenge the second most embarrassing loss in his coaching career:

0HTqszb.jpg

jagowar

It's not like cable. You have to sign like a 2 year contract when you go with satellite. Their subscribers are stuck, at least temporarily.

That is true but sec fans will absolutely break a contact if they can't get the network... esp if dish does have it (which sounds likely). I am with dish currently but my contract is up in august so if they don't have it I am switching to somebody who does.

I'm excited that we got Riggs for next year. He may not be amazing, but he has 26 starts in the SEC. It's interesting getting that kind of transfer student because of the MBA program.

Lonestar

Just for fun, have a look at what Bama recruiting looked like 10 years ago:

Bama-GAF can just pretend this link does not exist.

For how low the stars are, it had some productive players.

Caldwell would probably place in the top 5-10 centers in Alabama history and played/plays in the NFL.
JPW, for all his Bangs, was a statistical leader in Alabama QB history
DJ Hall, for his douchiness, was a solid WR in College.
Keith Brown, whenever he was thrown at, looked great.
Simeon Castille got to the NFL
Nick Walker got the throws that OJ Howard should have gotten last year. Was a solid TE
Lorenzo Washington was the 1st "Saban-like" DLineman
Drew Davis managed to hold onto the RT spot while we had an NFL quality Oline

The rest though, they were roster spot holders.

They played at the Super Bowl and the Victoria's Secret event as well. They're getting hooked up.

Which they don't deserve because their Director Tim Smith lives in the stone age in terms of thinking up shows and routines. Plus the band is pathetically small for the size of the school.

Draxal

Which they don't deserve because their Director Tim Smith lives in the stone age in terms of thinking up shows and routines. Plus the band is pathetically small for the size of the school.

Oh yeah, we're going to get embarrassed when we play teams like OSU. He just chases off all the band members.

andycapps

Oh, hey. A Britt brother.

Also, goddamn at Georgia for practically doubling any other state in the number of Waffle Houses it has. Do people open those things up in their back yards?

One on every exit. It's originated there so that's a big part of it. To some extent I'd say it has the same impact as Dunkin Donuts does for people in Massachusetts.

I've seen some Huddle House's in Georgia. I've honestly never eaten there. My impression was that they were trying to capitalize on having a similar name to Waffle House.

Karakand

One of these days websites will be able to tell your not on a mobile device and switch it from the non mobile version.

I wish it was feasible to ignore any GAF poster that only posts a mobile link, but I'd pretty much be talking to myself at that point.

Not that I don't already, mind.

I hardly know anybody here that eats there, which is ironic considering how many there are. Nowhere near the institution it is in the south, Steak and Shake is a lot bigger here.

Mmmm waffle house, my favorite is theres a spot in your neck of the woods where theres a waffle house on each side of a high way overpass. (brice road/i70)

Lonestar

Dumb example anyway since he died during offseason workouts. Which was still a tragedy, and shame on Bielema for trying to capitalize on that to try to prove his point.

Next Year, Bert to ban Running and The Sun. Rule to be called "Saban Rule #13"

Limedust

For how low the stars are, it had some productive players.

Caldwell would probably place in the top 5-10 centers in Alabama history and played/plays in the NFL.
JPW, for all his Bangs, was a statistical leader in Alabama QB history
DJ Hall, for his douchiness, was a solid WR in College.
Keith Brown, whenever he was thrown at, looked great.
Simeon Castille got to the NFL
Nick Walker got the throws that OJ Howard should have gotten last year. Was a solid TE
Lorenzo Washington was the 1st "Saban-like" DLineman
Drew Davis managed to hold onto the RT spot while we had an NFL quality Oline

The rest though, they were roster spot holders.

I agree with most of the list, but...
- I always remember Keith Brown being perpetually injured. Still, an excellent receiver, IMO.
- Simeon Castille may have made it to the NFL, but he got burned on the deep pass in just about every game he ever played in college.
- Drew Davis ranks only slightly higher than Chris Capps in my recent memory of Bama linemen for the last 15 years.
- Lorenzo took a detour (can't remeber if it was prep school or JUCO) before he actually made it to Bama.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I agree with most of the list, but...
- I always remember Keith Brown being perpetually injured. Still, an excellent receiver, IMO.
- Simeon Castille may have made it to the NFL, but he got burned on the deep pass in just about every game he ever played in college.
- Drew Davis ranks only slightly higher than Chris Capps in my recent memory of Bama linemen for the last 15 years.
- Lorenzo took a detour (can't remeber if it was prep school or JUCO) before he actually made it to Bama.
Harsh, man. Harsh.

Subitai

No major hitches. It was a sad day of course, and I felt really bad for my mom as she took it the worst. My aunt was like a second mother to her. Only pallbearer gaffe I made was that I wasn't aware I was supposed to leave my lapel flower on the coffin after the end of the service at the grave site, so while I was in a deep train of thought I began to notice some people looking at me funny until I realized I was supposed to take off the flower and put it on the coffin since the other pallbearers already did the same while my head was down. It was no biggie though.
Hey, hope your mom is doing ok. I was a pallbearer for my grandmother and don't remember that flower thing.

The Rutgers implosion continues.

Only 4-star recruit for 2015 flips to Penn State. Follows on the heels of the last 4-star recruit for 2014 flipping to Penn State.
Feels like Noah Spence going to tOSU. I guess what I'm saying, it is very early and Urbz could flip him again. =/

Lonestar

So who is up for FFXIV beta on PS4 this weekend?

Distances between Waffle Houses here in the Birmingham/Tuscaloosa area is the standard 5-10 miles apart. Now, there are some that are 2 and 3 miles apart, but the only one that I know of that are in the "obscenely close to each other" are 2 around US 31 and I-65 in Hoover/Vestavia Hills

V4pi7kt.jpg

Might be fortunate to be 1/4 of a mile. Lower one is built into a hotel, the upper one is the standard building.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom