• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Offseason 2014: The Spartans End a B1G Case of Wiscy Dick, Cold Pizza for Victims

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamanon

Banned
Is there any college football talk in here? I thought this thread was all about me and how supposedly salty I am. None of the great college football minds here have said anything else in a while.

Hmm? Isn't the thing you're pissed off about college football talk?

Just chill man. You don't see me flying off the handle at other people because my team only got 5,867 people at our Spring Game! Just accept that it's just not a popular program for Georgia Tech, it'll be easier that way.

Hmm? Isn't the thing you're pissed off about college football talk?

Just chill man. You don't see me flying off the handle at other people because my team only got 5,867 people at our Spring Game! Just accept that it's just not a popular program for Georgia Tech, it'll be easier that way.
Someone in here was using the made up 117 number for GTs spring game attendance. I corrected them. It escalated from there as several other people wanted to get some shots in while I'm here. I responded to them. They kept going and therefore I kept going.

andycapps

All right. Seriously now. This is tiresome and it's time to stop.
Thank you.

So what do y'all think about the 8 or 9 game SEC schedule that'll be decided on soon? I doubt we'll go to 9 games because of the instate rivalry that some of us have with another BCS school, and I'm not sure if they'll just get rid of permanent cross division rivalries if we stay with 8. I'd hate to see our rivalry with Auburn go, but I'm not sure what they'll work out. I'd rather go to 9 SEC games and keep that than lose it and stay at 8.

I think they'll keep it status quo and see how things work out in the playoff. Probably encourage teams to pickup another BCS game if they don't already have one.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
You should try being a Notre Dame fan.
Fuck you, Domer. Get back to your cage.

Edit: and as a final comment, it's been a long time since we had someone here who took ragging on their team so... personally. There's no reason to get so defensive in this thread. Nobody--with the exception of andy and his UGA brethren--really cares about Georgia Tech or holds any enmity towards Tech. You got so defensive over over the 117 number and the fact that we kept teasing you, that you just kept doubling down on your "us against the world" mentality.

Lighten up. You should have been here during the Penn State rape scandal, Manti Te'os revealing that a Notre Dame degree is worthless, or the Mike Shula years.

Thank you.

So what do y'all think about the 8 or 9 game SEC schedule that'll be decided on soon? I doubt we'll go to 9 games because of the instate rivalry that some of us have with another BCS school, and I'm not sure if they'll just get rid of permanent cross division rivalries if we stay with 8. I'd hate to see our rivalry with Auburn go, but I'm not sure what they'll work out. I'd rather go to 9 SEC games and keep that than lose it and stay at 8.

I think they'll keep it status quo and see how things work out in the playoff. Probably encourage teams to pickup another BCS game if they don't already have one.

I'd love to see more conference games in general, but that's hard to do.

I know in the ACC, there was a plan to go to 9 games, then Notre Dame half-joined and they decided to stay with 8. In some years, ACC teams will have the 8 game schedule + Notre Dame, and some of those will also have a rivalry game against the SEC, making it 10 legitimate games before adding any other non-conference games. For example, this year, Florida State has the 8 league games, Notre Dame, Florida, and Oklahoma State in Dallas. That's a pretty good schedule. If they had to add a ninth league game, that's a full slate of 12 already accounted for with no cupcakes (well, not counting
Georgia Tech
).

I think the ACC will just stick with 8 unless Notre Dame ever becomes a full member (so basically, 8 games).

mre

Just bringing everyone's attention to an exciting piece of news. I for one can't wait for a new JoePa statue to remind everyone how shitty Penn St is.
Quit commenting on the commentary about your metacommentary commentary!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Stupid Southerners and their love of football above all else.

topiclist4.gif

Posted here, because why let those guys in on the metacommentary.

andycapps

Nothing good can come from posting in that thread.

I'd love to see more conference games in general, but that's hard to do.

I know in the ACC, there was a plan to go to 9 games, then Notre Dame half-joined and they decided to stay with 8. In some years, ACC teams will have the 8 game schedule + Notre Dame, and some of those will also have a rivalry game against the SEC, making it 10 legitimate games before adding any other non-conference games. For example, this year, Florida State has the 8 league games, Notre Dame, Florida, and Oklahoma State in Dallas. That's a pretty good schedule. If they had to add a ninth league game, that's a full slate of 12 already accounted for with no cupcakes (well, not counting
Georgia Tech
).

I think the ACC will just stick with 8 unless Notre Dame ever becomes a full member (so basically, 8 games).
I agree, ACC will probably stick with 8 due to the relationship with Notre Dame. I'd love to see 9 conference games as a fan but I understand the reluctance to do so by those coaches who are already playing BCS schools in there as well. Those that aren't, of course they'd be for it.

Lighten up. You should have been here during the Penn State rape scandal, Manti Te'os revealing that a Notre Dame degree is worthless, or the Mike Shula years.

God damn. What does that say about my music/anthropology degree?
despite loving what I do I should have been an engineer or accounting major

impirius

Thank you.

I really hope it stays at 8 conference games, but UGA, SC, and UF don't have veto rights on the SEC Security Council. Someone suggested ditching the permanent cross-division games playing the traditional cross-division rivalry games (Bama-UT, UGA-Auburn) as non-conference games. That seems kind of clunky, but it maximizes schedule flexibility for everyone and gets rid of the rest of the kinda lame arbitrary permanent cross-division games.

mre

I really hope it stays at 8 conference games, but UGA, SC, and UF don't have veto rights on the SEC Security Council. Someone suggested ditching the permanent cross-division games playing the traditional cross-division rivalry games (Bama-UT, UGA-Auburn) as non-conference games. That seems kind of clunky, but it maximizes schedule flexibility for everyone and gets rid of the rest of the kinda lame arbitrary permanent cross-division games.
They'll never do that, because the first time that those games WOULD have had an impact on conference standings had they counted as conference games, then there would be an open revolt.

AntoneM

9 game schedule is the only legit schedule. Just look at ESPN's made up power football index and see that 5 of the top 10 are PAC 12 ... oh and Baylor makes 6 I guess. SEC can't be a real football conference until it plays a 9 game schedule. Plus then us SEC and PAC 12 bros (and Big 12 I guess) can make fun of the ACC and B1G.

mre

9 game schedule is the only legit schedule. Just look at ESPN's made up power football index and see that 5 of the top 10 are PAC 12 ... oh and Baylor makes 6 I guess. SEC can't be a real football conference until it plays a 9 game schedule. Plus then us SEC and PAC 12 bros (and Big 12 I guess) can make fun of the ACC and B1G.
We already can make fun of the ACC and B1G...

impirius

They'll never do that, because the first time that those games WOULD have had an impact on conference standings had they counted as conference games, then there would be an open revolt.
Hey, Cal and Colorado did it, and nobody cared! My memory is fuzzy, so I'll just assume that game would have had major ramifications had it counted for conference standings.

andycapps

I think there is a way of increasing strength of schedule aside from playing a 9 game conference schedule. Namely, playing bigger OOC games.

Why is Alabama's SEC Network commercial 1 second shorter than rest of SEC?

The length of the Alabama commercial prompted discussions online citing Auburn's Kick Six victory in the Iron Bowl last season, when game officials placed 1 second on the clock to set up Chris Davis' game-winning return of a missed field goal.

Auburn's commercial is 40 seconds in length on YouTube and Alabama's commercial, including a 10-second spot of advertisements for other ads on the back end, runs 39 seconds. Is the 1-second discrepancy in the commercial a nod to one of the most famous moments in college football history or is it a simple coincidence?

"That is a conspiracy that can die on the vine," said Keri Potts, a spokesperson for ESPN's college sports division. "All the videos are the same :30 length. And will run on air same length. The millisecond difference is either a YouTube compression issue or us clipping it too short to fit in that :10 board directing everyone to all the spots on the back end."

andycapps

This is the dumbest thing I have read today.

I agreed with you, until I read this.

Meggs was not overtly critical of the Tallahassee Police Department's handling of the initial complaint at Tuesday's event, but stressed if a full investigation had been conducted as it should have been early on, the outcome of the case may have been different.

"There is no profit for us to be critical of the police after the fact," he said. "I'm convinced had we done some things earlier correctly we might have gained more information."

For example, Meggs said, video recordings from 30 cameras at Potbelly's, where Winston, two other FSU football players and the woman met that night, could have been obtained. Detectives also likely would have been able to track down the taxicab driver who drove the quartet to Winston's apartment where the alleged rape occurred.

After Megg's office received the case from TPD, investigators talked to every cab driver who worked that night, but none recalled the fare.

"I'm sure we talked to the cab driver who drove them away from there, but either he didn't remember or he didn't want to be involved, because we talked to everyone," Meggs said.

andycapps

You are correct.

He literally said: "Hey, they fucked up, but who cares?"

Exactly. "They completely fucked up the investigation, but if they hadn't fucked it up, then we still don't think we'd be charging the star QB of FSU with rape. Why am I laughing at your questions? Oh, I'm not laughing, that's you guys."

I read that more of dude wasn't going to air that dirty laundry publicly to a large degree, although we clearly see from his words that he thinks the police department needed to do a better job. Behind the scenes, I'm sure the state's attorney's office read the TPD the riot act.

Steve Spurrier: "Alabama and Tennessee like each other. I don’t know why Tennessee would keep liking them though."

I like Spurrier more and more every year. Dude just talks shit, golfs, and works maybe 2 hours a week.

Draxal

Steve Spurrier: "Alabama and Tennessee like each other. I don’t know why Tennessee would keep liking them though."

I like Spurrier more and more every year. Dude just talks shit, golfs, and works maybe 2 hours a week.

Yeah, we need more quotable coaches. God I miss JLS.

cdyhybrid

Shaq Thompson got some action at RB during spring. Will be interesting to see how often they use him in the regular season. Dude is a freak.

Edit:

CollegeFootballTalk ‏@CFTalk now
Report: Cal’s Ted Agu died of heart failure http://wp.me/p14QTT-1mYD

Sad.

andycapps

He actually is hilarious until he's talking shit about your team.

andycapps

Not sure if anybody in Georgia or southeast will be going to the Twilight Criterium in Athens this weekend but there's a new brewery named Creature Comforts that's opening then and is the official beer this year. Of course there's still Terrapin as well but good to see more craft breweries opening there.

Aesius

Spurrier is still sore that he lost to the worst UT team in 50 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom