• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Offseason 2014: The Spartans End a B1G Case of Wiscy Dick, Cold Pizza for Victims

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

Good to know I'm not the only one. When I went to the UGA game down in Lexington last year, and will again this year, I stood up the whole time as well as most everyone in our visitor section (which sprawled into the home section).

They're trying to figure out ways to get people to get more involved in the games, and one they'll be experimenting in this year is piping in music between plays or at halftime or something. Most people aren't happy about this, but it seems to be something to appease current students that would rather hear shitty top 40 rap than our awesome marching band. I just don't want us to start playing 7 Nation Army or whatever else South Carolina and Clempson play these days 50 times a game. But honestly, if it gets people pumped up for the whole game, then I'm cool with doing a little bit of it as long as we can keep the traditional band songs alive.

It's zombie nation, damn you! And we've been playing it since 2006 so I'm so very sick of it by now. At least the marching band does a pretty sweet rendition of "All of the Lights" which pumps me up, anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJrVZCbKxsE

I'm not going to defend people being idiots and spilling drinks on opposing fans, so if that happened, then that sucks and that person isn't representative of me or how I talk to opposing fans. I'd be curious to hear Guileless (sp?) reaction from when he went to Athens in 2012. I think I PM'd him shortly afterwards and he had a good time.

I don't doubt that half the GA Tech fans don't go, but I'm guessing it has more to do with them not winning many games in the series for years now. There's also a complex that GA Tech fans seem to have where are so resentful towards UGA fans and so antagonistic, they can't seem to think about the game or the opposing fanbase rationally.

I wonder how many Georgia fans are still buying Tech season tickets so that they can get tickets for just that one game every other year.
Tech fans aren't afraid of losing. They show up just fine for every other game we are likely to lose. They don't go to Athens because they don't want to. Even if we were to pull off a miracle victory the game likely still wouldn't be enjoyable.

As for the game in Atlanta, I can tell you why I sell my tickets to the game now. It's basically a choice of selling the tickets for well over face value to a UGA who doesn't know any better or keeping the tickets and being surrounded by UGA fans who got their tickets from other GT fans. You already know how I feel about being around UGA fans so it's a no brainer for me.

andycapps

It's zombie nation, damn you! And we've been playing it since 2006 so I'm so very sick of it by now. At least the marching band does a pretty sweet rendition of "All of the Lights" which pumps me up, anyway.

Oh yes, Zombie Nation. Honestly, I don't care who did that song first at their games, it needs to stop being played. That'll probably be the first suggestion they get from students for the games. Is FML still a thing?

Tech fans aren't afraid of losing. They show up just fine for every other game we are likely to lose. They don't go to Athens because they don't want to. Even if we were to pull off a miracle victory the game likely still wouldn't be enjoyable.

As for the game in Atlanta, I can tell you why I sell my tickets to the game now. It's basically a choice of selling the tickets for well over face value to a UGA who doesn't know any better or keeping the tickets and being surrounded by UGA fans who got their tickets from other GT fans. You already know how I feel about being around UGA fans so it's a no brainer for me.

Tech fans really are insufferable. The whine in this is intoxicating.

Maybe you and the other Tech fans could go to your home games because then you could have something called a "home field advantage" if you were to be the majority there and cheer your team on. Maybe you should show UGA fans how to be hospitable to the visiting team's fans since they are so offensive to all the Tech fans that show up to Athens. As far as paying more than face value for your ticket prices, any team that's worth a damn has their tickets regularly reselling for more than face value on Stubhub. Why do people pay that? Because they support their team, it has nothing to do with intelligence. If all the Tech fans have the awesome jobs that they're touted as having, paying over face value shouldn't be a problem.

:jnc at all the people paying thousands over face value for MNC tickets. What a bunch of idiots.

Tech fans really are insufferable. The whine in this is intoxicating.

Maybe you and the other Tech fans could go to your home games because then you could have something called a "home field advantage" if you were to be the majority there and cheer your team on. Maybe you should show UGA fans how to be hospitable to the visiting team's fans since they are so offensive to all the Tech fans that show up to Athens. As far as paying more than face value for your ticket prices, any team that's worth a damn has their tickets regularly reselling for more than face value on Stubhub. Why do people pay that? Because they support their team, it has nothing to do with intelligence. If all the Tech fans have the awesome jobs that they're touted as having, paying over face value shouldn't be a problem.

:jnc at all the people paying thousands over face value for MNC tickets. What a bunch of idiots.
We are happy to go to home games and have a good home crowd for games that we are actually interested in being at. The fact is that the UGA/GT game is more enjoyable for GT fans at home. It's simply not worth going when you consider the people that you will be around and the price you can sell the tickets for. Many many more Tech fans went to the Pitt and VT games last year than the UGA game. That is how bad it has gotten. We appreciate your idiot fans subsidizing our season ticket costs though.

andycapps

We are happy to go to home games and have a good home crowd for games that we are actually interested in being at. The fact is that the UGA/GT game is more enjoyable for GT fans at home. It's simply not worth going when you consider the people that you will be around and the price you can sell the tickets for. Many many more Tech fans went to the Pitt and VT games last year than the UGA game. That is how bad it has gotten. We appreciate your idiot fans subsidizing our season ticket costs though.

Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif

There's just so much here to comprehend, but thankfully my limited intelligence can handle it. The talking down by Tech fans, the insults to intelligence of UGA fans, the supposed slights by UGA fans, the fragile psyche of the average Tech fan.. It's something.

*someone posts 117 figure*
*tech fan post rebuttal saying their fans are better than that*
*uga stuff woof woof*
*tech fan admits fans arent that great by selling their tickets to one of their biggest games of the season*

Miss anything?

*someone posts 117 figure*
*tech fan post rebuttal saying their fans are better than that*
*uga stuff woof woof*
*tech fan admits fans arent that great by selling their tickets to one of their biggest games of the season*

Miss anything?
Our fans are great. They just aren't interested in the UGA game anymore. I have seen guys who will stand in the pouring down rain to watch us play UNC but have no interest in being at the UGA game. It's nice to be a good fan but it has it's logical limits.

Our fans are great. They just aren't interested in the UGA game anymore. I have seen guys who will stand in the pouring down rain to watch us play UNC but have no interest in being at the UGA game. It's nice to be a good fan but it has it's logical limits.

So Ga Tech fans hate UGA fans and dont go to UGA/Ga Tech games because too many UGA fans but sell their tickets to UGA fans, thus making more UGA fans there!

This is so snake eating its own tail thing is ridiculous.

Talon

As a third party, the UGA - GT rivalry is just annoying as shit. It's an endless cycle of:

UGA Fan: "Something something Hershel Walker! One recognized National Title, but we're just as important as Bama or Ohio State!"

GT Fan: "I actually just came here to get an EE or AE degree. Enjoy 'Landscape Management.' When's basketball season? Remember how bad Reggie Ball was at everything?"

andycapps

Is that really the best you have? You can believe what you want but what is obvious is that GT fans don't have much interest in going to the GT/UGA game no matter where it is at. It is made pretty clear year after year.

I edited my post, I think it sums up things pretty well. As far as if that's the best that I have, I don't think logic is prevailing in this discussion so far. I could post anything and it'd fit right in.

Talon said:
Bring back Pristine.

Hell yes. Never thought I'd agree with this. :p

So Ga Tech fans hate UGA fans and dont go to UGA/Ga Tech games because too many UGA fans but sell their tickets to UGA fans, thus making more UGA fans there!

This is so snake eating its own tail thing is ridiculous.
Yep, it could eventually be all UGA fans at Tech games. The number of season ticket holders who are willing to put up with them shrinks every time we play them.

Talon

Seriously. Better the Pristine essays than five pages of feels between two fanbases no one gives a shit about outside the two games they play each year against the teams in their conferences that are actually relevant.

Jesus Corndog Christ.
First of all, time to join the 100 PPP master race.

Second of all, that's no way to downplay the LSU ULL rivalry, Cyan.

andycapps

Seriously. Better the Pristine essays than five pages of feels between two fanbases no one gives a shit about outside the two games they play each year against the teams in their conferences that are actually relevant.

Jesus Corndog Christ.

Edit:
Actually that's not entirely fair. Most of the feels are coming from one poster.

Exactly, I don't have any feels over this. I'd be fine talking about anything else CFB related. I even posted that shit about Charlie Strong giving a speech about how they're not going to be in the MNC this year, nobody even said anything. There's got to be something else we can talk about other than that GA Tech only had 117 fans show up at their spring game.
:jnc

Jesus Corndog Christ.

Edit:
Actually that's not entirely fair. Most of the feels are coming from one poster.
It's basically me vs everyone else who posts here who wants to feel like a big man by taking their own random shot at me. Sorry I didn't back down.

Exactly, I don't have any feels over this. I'd be fine talking about anything else CFB related. I even posted that shit about Charlie Strong giving a speech about how they're not going to be in the MNC this year, nobody even said anything. There's got to be something else we can talk about other than that GA Tech only had 117 fans show up at their spring game.
:jnc
You have plenty of feels. You started it. You wanted to do your normal trash talking about GT not expecting anyone to respond. Sorry it didn't work out well for you this time.

Talon

It's basically me vs everyone else who posts here who wants to feel like a big man by taking their own random shot at me. Sorry I didn't back down.
Jesus, man. We were just having a good run at you per usual, and you just got more and more defensive.

You realize that every 2 pages in this thread, we like to discuss THE RUNNING BACK FOR THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY BUCKEYES WHO WORE THE #13 TOTING THE ROCK FOR A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM THAT WILL NOW LIVE IN SHAME DUE TO THE RUNNING BACK NAMED MAURICE CLARETT WHO WORE #13 FOR THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES FOOTBALL TEAM.

You think Cyan gets defensive about being a LSU fan?

andycapps

Kinda bummed. Was reading a thread, saw some ChiTown posts, then realized they were two years old.

I wish he'd come back, enjoyed his posts.

You have plenty of feels. You started it. You wanted to do your normal trash talking about GT not expecting anyone to respond. Sorry it didn't work out well for you this time.

I started it with what I thought was a good-natured dig at a rival. I did not realize it would be such a big deal.

Jesus, man. We were just having a good run at you per usual, and you just got more and more defensive.

You realize that every 2 pages in this thread, we like to discuss THE RUNNING BACK FOR THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY BUCKEYES WHO WORE THE #13 TOTING THE ROCK FOR A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM THAT WILL NOW LIVE IN SHAME DUE TO THE RUNNING BACK NAMED MAURICE CLARETT WHO WORE #13 FOR THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES FOOTBALL TEAM.

You think Cyan gets defensive about being a LSU fan?
Yeah, like 15 people have joined the crowd antagonizing me and I should have just said hur hur hur and walked away with my tail between my legs. Sorry I don't operate like that. You guys could have easily let it go. You chose not to.

I dont think anyones taken a shot at you. We've taken shots at 117 fans at a spring game.

Yeah, like 15 people have joined the crowd antagonizing me and I should have just said hur hur hur and walked away with my tail between my legs. Sorry I don't operate like that. You guys could have easily let it go. You chose not to.

In Atlanta streets are 1 way.

I started it with what I thought was a good-natured dig at a rival. I did not realize it would be such a big deal.
Good natured my ass. There are hardly any Tech fans on here. You wanted to trash Tech in front of your buddies here and thought no one would respond. At least man up about it.

Good natured my ass. There are hardly any Tech fans on here. You wanted to trash Tech in front of your buddies here and thought no one would respond. At least man up about it.

DAMMIT GUYS! Hes on to our master plan, to trash teams no one cares about!!! Well on to our next team I guess. Look out Cal!

DAMMIT GUYS! Hes on to our master plan, to trash teams no one cares about!!! Well on to our next team I guess. Look out Cal!
Not you guys, just Andy. He wanted to get a cowardly free cheap shot in. It didn't happen. The rest of you guys just sheepishly joined in when you saw an opportunity to gang up.

cdyhybrid

Not you guys, just Andy. He wanted to get a cowardly free cheap shot in. It didn't happen. The rest of you guys just sheepishly joined in when you saw an opportunity to gang up.

How was it sheepishly joining in? You make it sound like taking shots at a middling ACC team is risky or something.

andycapps

What's embarrassing is seeing you back down now. If you are going to talk trash then own it. Don't cry about it later and backtrack.
I talk lots of trash on here. Have you seen me give mre and Lonestar shit about Bama's grayshirtimg of players every year? Or the Gatas because of jorts or just being Gatas?

I talk lots of trash on here. Have you seen me give mre and Lonestar shit about Bama's grayshirtimg of players every year? Or the Gatas because of jorts or just being Gatas?
So who are you giving shit to when you trash Tech? There is no one. You just wanted to get a nice poke in so you could feel like a big man and no one would respond. Like I said earlier. Sorry it didn't work out for you.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

Because Greyshirting is a victim-less crime. Like Downloading a House.

Georgia Tech fans aren't very good at College Football talk. I guess it makes sense.
Is there any college football talk in here? I thought this thread was all about me and how supposedly salty I am. None of the great college football minds here have said anything else in a while.

cdyhybrid

Do you generally gang up on someone who doesn't usually post here just to piss them off? If so, nice group you got here.

No, but we appear as if we "gang up" on people who take shots fired at their team too seriously.

Is there any college football talk in here? I thought this thread was all about me and how supposedly salty I am. None of the great college football minds here have said anything else in a while.

Well, we could go back to our last news item if you'd prefer that instead.

Let's talk about how there were 117 people at GA Tech's spring game.

No we gang up on people who dont understand jokes and ribbings and overreact about everything.

Do you generally gang up on someone who doesn't usually post here just to piss them off? If so, nice group you got here.

You should try being a Notre Dame fan.

No we gang up on people who dont understand jokes and ribbings and overreact about everything.

You should listen to buck...he's gone through the pain of cheering for Maurice Clarett University while Maurice Clarett was the running back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom