• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Offseason 2014: The Spartans End a B1G Case of Wiscy Dick, Cold Pizza for Victims

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Tim Brando now joining the Fox Sports Network, is not joining the SEC Network

Daniel_Bryan_YES.gif

Explains the UCLA pick.

Talon

The real ones aren't going to be like that.

How many actual helmets have you seen in games with a sticker used for the logo?
Uh...cdy. I've got some news for you. Decals and logos are still stickers - both in the NFL and the collegiate level.

Uniwatch followed the Giants equipment manager a few years ago prior to a game, and he was talking about how much of a pain in the ass it still is to do.

cdyhybrid

Uh...cdy. I've got some news for you. Decals and logos are still stickers - both in the NFL and the collegiate level.

Uniwatch followed the Giants equipment manager a few years ago prior to a game, and he was talking about how much of a pain in the ass it still is to do.

Fine.

How many of them have you seen peel off in a game?

cdyhybrid

A Bears player lost the C on the side of his helmet during a game two seasons ago. You see helmet "cuts" every once in a while.

Yeah, it's pretty rare. My point was that the sticker was so poorly applied in our promo shots that there's no way they'll actually go out into games with it like that :p

Of course, they could avoid the whole issue by not making the helmets bumpy, but Nike gonna Nike.

Piggus

That one was not great but I didn't find it offended me as much as Highlighter U's jersey and helmet combos do, especially this one.

My god I would hate to live somewhere where "new things" are shunned. Our jerseys work wonders for recruiting and promoting Oregon as a brand. It's something a lot of teams are trying to mimic while others have fans so stuck in their ways that altering the width of a stripe causes widespread meltdowns. Hilarious.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Dish and AT&T UVerse are going balls out with advertising in Memphis to get people to switch service for the SEC Network. CSS is now a test signal on my Comcast box. RIP in peace.

Dish and AT&T UVerse are going balls out with advertising in Memphis to get people to switch service for the SEC Network. CSS is now a test signal on my Comcast box. RIP in peace.

I hate Comcast so much. They are the only providers with CSN ( Broadcast home of the Rockets and Astros ) so for two years I haven't been able to watch the Rockets or Astros play. (Haven't missed much with the latter but still) I'm not switching because CSN doesn't have LHN to watch Texas football. So I had to make a choice. And getting both was never an option. Is Comcast not going to bite on the SEC network either? They're a stubborn bunch if so

Lonestar

1jaLTGK.jpg

Had to check to see if it's a real account.

It's a real account.

congrats on Georgia's first trip above the Mason Dixon line since the LBJ administration!

Guileless

I haven't heard anything definitive on Comcast. Sounds like they're willing to hold out against sports for a long time based on Houston. Those call centers in Bangalore have no idea the shit storm brewing.

Jhriad

My god I would hate to live somewhere where "new things" are shunned. Our jerseys work wonders for recruiting and promoting Oregon as a brand. It's something a lot of teams are trying to mimic while others have fans so stuck in their ways that altering the width of a stripe causes widespread meltdowns. Hilarious.

It helps that Pre-1999 Oregon uniforms are fairly dull and after 50 years of mediocrity resistance to any change is short lived. Since a very large percentage of Oregon's fan base isn't old enough to remember pre-1999 uniforms I'm not surprised at the lack of a connection with previous uni styling.

I haven't heard anything definitive on Comcast. Sounds like they're willing to hold out against sports for a long time based on Houston. Those call centers in Bangalore have no idea the shit storm brewing.

Some service providers just prefer to be stubborn, but the networks asking for too much money are guilty too. TWC went without the NFL network for 5 years before they finally bit the bullet so no network is a shoe in for a provider.

Guileless

The Kansas staff had a football camp at Arrowhead, so a large turnout would have been lots of campers on the field. The people watching would've been parents presumably. Obviously a terrible picture to put with the tweet. Some G.A. may be getting fired.

andycapps

1jaLTGK.jpg

Had to check to see if it's a real account.

It's a real account.

congrats on Georgia's first trip above the Mason Dixon line since the LBJ administration!
Is Colorado not above the Mason Dixon? Too lazy to look.

And yeah, looks like I'm going to South Bend in a few seasons. Can't wait for this matchup.

Piggus said:

I live in Ohio, so I'm not sure what that has to do with me not liking these "new school" jerseys. I simply like that my school has a good football history with what I consider a classic looking uniform that I prefer to anything Nike comes up with. If they want to do an update once a year or two to keep Nike and highschool kids happy, whatever. But I am glad that my school doesn't try to do new, gaudy uniforms every week.

Congratulations to Vandy for their first men's national title!

Woooo! A&M is already making their national championship t-shirts. Sharing national championships with other SECSECSEC teams is their favorite aspect of being an SEC member.

Still bitter Vandy eliminated us in the world series. We split the series but coming from the losers bracket meant we had to beat them twice in a row and we came up just short

impirius

Woooo! A&M is already making their national championship t-shirts. Sharing national championships with other SECSECSEC teams is their favorite aspect of being an SEC member.

Still bitter Vandy eliminated us in the world series. We split the series but coming from the losers bracket meant we had to beat them twice in a row and we came up just short
Sometimes you just have to take comfort in knocking certain other teams out of the postseason...

Sotha_Sil

HMIJVZPRFOVJCTC.20140625171938.jpg

The endzone expansion at LSU's Tiger Stadium is almost complete. Will hold over 100,000 when it's all said and done. Best football stadium in the world just got a little bit better.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
HMIJVZPRFOVJCTC.20140625171938.jpg

The endzone expansion at LSU's Tiger Stadium is almost complete. Will hold over 100,000 when it's all said and done. Best football stadium in the world just got a little bit better.
I thought we hit our quota of LSU fans with Cyan?

Lonestar

I thought we hit our quota of LSU fans with Cyan?

You know, in the 24 topic, I found one poster who posts on Tigerdroppings, as well as someone who at least lurks here that posts on TD (cause he used some of the .gifs I made over in TD's 24 topic.

We have secret LSU fans here...

Draxal

You know, in the 24 topic, I found one poster who posts on Tigerdroppings, as well as someone who at least lurks here that posts on TD (cause he used some of the .gifs I made over in TD's 24 topic.

Isn't Cyan a mod at Tigerdroppings as well?

jakncoke

Banned

Scared little chochas not posting. If I can withstand all the Pedo St ribbing and deal with every Michigan/Ohio St degenerate fan then EVERYONE should post(at least in the real season, off season is BORING in here) :p

Talon

It's fine for Oregon 'cause they don't have any history or legacy worth holding onto, but Bama, Ohio State, SC - schools of those calibur with history and success have more ties to legacy. That's why fans of those schools turn up their nose at the stupid ass gimmicks pulled off by these outfitters.

EveryMichiganGimmick.gif

Draxal

It's fine for Oregon 'cause they don't have any history or legacy worth holding onto, but Bama, Ohio State, SC - schools of those calibur with history and success have more ties to legacy. That's why fans of those schools turn up their nose at the stupid ass gimmicks pulled off by these outfitters.

EveryMichiganGimmick.gif

Man, I hate Rutgers fans that complain about our new uniforms because of the tradition (what) of our old ones, I don't like our red uniforms because they look pinkish on tv, but the white uniforms looks amazing.

Talon

Man, I hate Rutgers fans that complain about our new uniforms because of the tradition (what) of our old ones, I don't like our red uniforms because they look pinkish on tv, but the white uniforms looks amazing.
lol at the idea of Rutgers tradition. What are these old foagies holding onto? The 1961 Middle Atlantic Conference University Division Conference championship?

Draxal

lol at the idea of Rutgers tradition. What are these old foagies holding onto? The 1961 Middle Atlantic Conference University Division Conference championship?

Hey now we beat Tennessee in Rocky Top! The thing is the old Rutgers uniforms were only worn during Schiano's tenure, so the tradition was only even ten years old.

Lonestar

It only explains EVERYTHING.

The Cyan Chicken, otherwise known as:

vog0tyjr6sfk5ebi4hyl.png

We've solved the Riddle of the Sphinx.

He's the Secret Kansas fan.

Which means, he's somewhere in this photo:
1jaLTGK.jpg

Or....

he's....

The One taking that photo...