• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Offseason 2014: The Spartans End a B1G Case of Wiscy Dick, Cold Pizza for Victims

Status
Not open for further replies.
iKc3Wjs.jpg

Awesome.

I still want to believe the Papal one though :(

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Kids, man. The wife and I both wanted to do a day at Universal, but the kids wanted to spend more time at Disney. We did a day at each park and then an extra day at the Magic Kingdom, because they didn't get to see Anna and Elsa the first day we were there.
I went in January when they had those two in Epcot of all places. My two girls HAD to see them. I waited for just under 4 hours in line. To top it all off, they were sold out of pretty much everything Frozen.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I went in January when they had those two in Epcot of all places. My two girls HAD to see them. I waited for just under 4 hours in line. To top it all off, they were sold out of pretty much everything Frozen.
My youngest daughter has a skin condition which affects her ability to thermoregulate herself, so we were able to get a disability pass which we used to get an "appointment" time to come back and see Anna and Elsa. Otherwise, we'd have just told the kids "nope." I love my kids, but I'm not waiting 4 hours in line in June so they can see two princesses.

andycapps

My youngest daughter has a skin condition which affects her ability to thermoregulate herself, so we were able to get a disability pass which we used to get an "appointment" time to come back and see Anna and Elsa. Otherwise, we'd have just told the kids "nope." I love my kids, but I'm not waiting 4 hours in line in June so they can see two princesses.

My daughter is wanting to see them more than do anything else at Disney World. Good luck to my in-laws, they hate waiting in line for 5 minutes for anything. But they'll do anything for her.

Crazy how quickly these two Frozen princesses have become a Disney staple. Sounds like they've already dethroned Cinderella, who used to be top dog in the Magic Kingdom.

mre

Crazy how quickly these two Frozen princesses have become a Disney staple. Sounds like they've already dethroned Cinderella, who used to be top dog in the Magic Kingdom.
It was actually kind of funny. The line to see Anna and Elsa also included Aurora (Sleeping Beauty), and you could tell that she knew she was nothing more than an afterthought. Every child's enthusiasm visibly dropped when going from Anna and Elsa to Aurora. I felt bad for the actress (? employee? cast member? not sure what you would call her?).

mre

Man, when we took my niece to Disneyland about a year ago, we spent a lot of time waiting around for princesses. Rapunzel was a disappointment, especially since Tangled was my niece's favorite movie at the time, but Merida was an absolute sweetheart. My niece walked away with this expression on her face like her tiny mind had been blown, and she said "Princess Merida is my friend," and it was seriously the sweetest thing ever.
It really is awesome to watch how excited the kids get. To my disappointment neither of my kids took to Brave, so we didn't have to wait in line to meet Merida, but we did a breakfast where we got to meet most of the classic princesses (read: all of the white ones) in one fell swoop. I was disappointed that we never saw Mulan or Tiana (Princess and the Frog) and the only times we saw Pocahontas or Jasmine was when they were walking back to Disney's hidden underground labyrinth (presumably for smoke and a stiff drink). I'm not sure if Disney even acknowledges Tiana anymore, which is disappointing, because I really wanted my girls to meet her.

It really is awesome to watch how excited the kids get. To my disappointment neither of my kids took to Brave, so we didn't have to wait in line to meet Merida, but we did a breakfast where we got to meet most of the classic princesses (read: all of the white ones) in one fell swoop. I was disappointed that we never saw Mulan or Tiana (Princess and the Frog) and the only times we saw Pocahontas or Jasmine was when they were walking back to Disney's hidden underground labyrinth (presumably for smoke and a stiff drink). I'm not sure if Disney even acknowledges Tiana anymore, which is disappointing, because I really wanted my girls to meet her.

That sounds like fun. I thought only club 33 had booze due to Disneys lack of a liquor license.
edit: apparently the park does have a license, they just don't sell alcohol. Not even German town in epcot has anything but root beer. Saddest place on earth for boozers :(

mre

That sounds like fun. I thought only club 33 had booze due to Disneys lack of a liquor license.
edit: apparently the park does have a license, they just don't sell alcohol. Not even German town in epcot has anything but root beer. Saddest place on earth for boozers :(
There is beer all over the place at Epcot and at almost any "sit down" restaurant at the other parks. I know they also served Margaritas and other mixed drinks as well.

LSU lost just about errybody on offense. Probably still a preseason top 15 because SEC

There is beer all over the place at Epcot and at almost any "sit down" restaurant at the other parks. I know they also served Margaritas and other mixed drinks as well.

Thats good to hear! I was under the impression it was completely dry. Then again I haven't been to Disney since turning 21 so alcohol was never on my mind. If I go back one day it will be

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
LSU lost just about errybody on offense. Probably still a preseason top 15 because SEC

Thats good to hear! I was under the impression it was completely dry. Then again I haven't been to Disney since turning 21 so alcohol was never on my mind. If I go back one day it will be

Talk to LSU fans, and the west will be won either by Auburn or LSU.
It's nothing to lose the QB, RB, 2 WR's and some Linemen.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member

Without analyzing the list all that closely it seems like it would be skewed against teams that lose their QB since passing yardage is being double counted (once as passing yards for the QB, once as receiving yards for the receivers).

::fake edit::

Ran down the list of QBs that were either drafted or signed free agent contracts this past NFL draft (figured that was the quickest way to find out who lost their QBs). None of the draftees' teams were in the top half of the rankings, and only two of the UDFA's teams were in the top half - Purdue (Rob Henry) and Northwestern (Kain Colter), and neither of those players led their team in passing yardage this past season.

Enfinit

I just wanted to take this opportunity to brag that I've actually had the pleasure of dining in Club 33 at Disneyland.

But yea, there's a slew of places that sell beer at Disneyland and Disney World. Every park has a place for parent's to take the edge off.

Lonestar

Inbetween GAF's Deathshudders:
EA would bring back College Football game, if it's allowed to pay players. They testified in court to this.

Hunter Atkinson, a brand new freshman TE for Georgia, has decided "fuck football" and has quit.

Alabama got a commit from a pretty good Dual Threat QB, that Oregon was going after. Says he plans on enrolling early. So yay us.

Former Tennessee Vile player Janzen Jackson has been charged with Murder

Auburn's previous eagle mascot, which was named Tiger, died. Deceased. It speaks no more. It is an Ex-Eagle.

mre

I don't get signing someone who did something that your program would gave kicked them out for.
Yeah. I agree. We should shit-can all of those programs from NCAA, and give commendations and awards to those programs who welcomed back a kid whom had previously been kicked out of the same program by giving them an extra 5 or so scholarships.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Yeah. I agree. We should shit-can all of those programs from NCAA, and give commendations and awards to those programs who welcomed back a kid whom had previously been kicked out of the same program by giving them an extra 5 or so scholarships.

I don't get the sarcasm.

Lonestar

NCAA's Mark Emmert is going to be on the stand in that O'Bannon trial today. Wonder what kind of questions and answers will pop up.

andycapps

Inbetween GAF's Deathshudders:
EA would bring back College Football game, if it's allowed to pay players. They testified in court to this.

Hunter Atkinson, a brand new freshman TE for Georgia, has decided "fuck football" and has quit.

Alabama got a commit from a pretty good Dual Threat QB, that Oregon was going after. Says he plans on enrolling early. So yay us.

Former Tennessee Vile player Janzen Jackson has been charged with Murder

Auburn's previous eagle mascot, which was named Tiger, died. Deceased. It speaks no more. It is an Ex-Eagle.

Yup, apparently he said fuck football and fuck college too because he dropped out. Rumors were he was really homesick and couldn't handle it.

Draxal

So yeah in another episode of why college football recruiting really really sucks.

1. Kids lie about getting great schools (Bama/FSU/ etc) invites all the time, and as a result the recruiting sites bump them up, then lesser schools give the offers as a result.

2. Coaches/kids and recruiting sites play the game all the time, apparently one kid doctored his video on HUDL, so video is starting to become unreliable as well.

3. This seems to be happening more in SEC country, hence why the SEC is against early committing period.

Lonestar

I think Saban's for an early signing period, but not the same premise.

The recent ACC push, is for early signing on something like August 1st, meaning kids signing with no chance for visits to games during the season, and they sign before their senior year in high school.

Saban would like for an early December date, to be able to use the games as visits (as they are now).

He's also probably thinking, putting it in December means he still gets recruit's senior season in high school finished, in regards to being able to evaluate it.

cdyhybrid

I think Saban's for an early signing period, but not the same premise.

The recent ACC push, is for early signing on something like August 1st, meaning kids signing with no chance for visits to games during the season, and they sign before their senior year in high school.

Saban would like for an early December date, to be able to use the games as visits (as they are now).

He's also probably thinking, putting it in December means he still gets recruit's senior season in high school finished, in regards to being able to evaluate it.

I think that's a good middle ground.

andycapps

So yeah in another episode of why college football recruiting really really sucks.

1. Kids lie about getting great schools (Bama/FSU/ etc) invites all the time, and as a result the recruiting sites bump them up, then lesser schools give the offers as a result.

2. Coaches/kids and recruiting sites play the game all the time, apparently one kid doctored his video on HUDL, so video is starting to become unreliable as well.

3. This seems to be happening more in SEC country, hence why the SEC is against early committing period.

I think the SEC is against it to an extent just because of how cutthroat is already is and for the feeling that if you have an early signing period, that the coaches would have zero time off from recruiting a year and it would have an impact on the regular season.

mre

I like the idea put out by good ol' Bert over at Arkansas (I think it was him), that kids should be able to commit as soon as they have an offer. That would make schools think long and hard before making offers.

I like the idea put out by good ol' Bert over at Arkansas (I think it was him), that kids should be able to commit as soon as they have an offer. That would make schools think long and hard before making offers.

You will refer to him as fat face Bielema and you will like it

mre

can either of those help get a 330lb 5 star NT into Alabama?

If so, yes.
Well, SOMEONE there knows how to do it. We just don't know that Saban does. I'm sure Saban has people for all that. He sure as shit doesn't have time for that 1960s era tech.

Emmert saying they don't let the players make money because they want to PROTECT them from being exploited is fucking hilariouuuuuusssssssss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom