• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Offseason 2014: The Spartans End a B1G Case of Wiscy Dick, Cold Pizza for Victims

Status
Not open for further replies.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Why would Mississippians dislike Tennessee or Georgia?

0002fzar_zps38ca67f9.gif
LOL. I swear to god the image I saw of this the other night had Alabama hating Ole Miss.

Draxal

I don't think that's something that gets the African American population of Alabama riled up. Granted, I'm not a member of that population so I can't accurately speak as to what a member of that population thinks or feels, but I've never heard a single person, white or black, in this state, bring it up to do anything more than poke fun at Ole Miss fans.

We have our own historical baggage of racism to deal with over here, we don't need to get dragged into Mississippi's issues.

How long did you have that post open? I edited it ten minutes ago after I actually looked at the map.

This is revenge for me hiding that link to Rocky Top isn't it!

mre

How long did you have that post open? I edited it ten minutes ago after I actually looked at the map.

This is revenge for me hiding that link to Rocky Top isn't it!
I had to draft a subpoena!

Proof that I'm not insane, the original map:

lpGTrUb.png

They're pricing me out as a season ticket holder next season by getting rid of the LASP program. I imagine the price of season tickets will increase alongside it as well. Pretty gross given the inordinate amount of money the athletics department already makes.

Yeah I saw they were getting rid of LASP in favor of "The Big Ticket" for students. It sounds exactly like LASP since that program also gave the student admission to every home football game with assigned seats + free admission to all the other sports. I bet they are just renaming it to go up in price.

mre

A squee is just a happy noise really. Nothing nsfw about it.
There's no happier noise a human being can make than the noise emitted when one utters "fuck Tennessee." And there's plenty of that in this thread.
Wait why are there two maps now
The map I posted was put on Tigerdroppings a day or two ago. The map posted earlier in the thread is apparently a "corrected" version of that map.

andycapps

I had to draft a subpoena!

Proof that I'm not insane, the original map:

lpGTrUb.png

Oh okay, I did see that too. The only thing I noticed was that Ohio State was the most hated team in Georgia and immediately laughed off the whole map. The new one seems a bit more reasonable.

When I lived in upstate New York and would occasionally wear Ohio State gear, I got a surprising amount of shit from people. It perplexed me, considering that New York is a college sports wasteland outside of Syracuse basketball.

And when I first saw this map I couldn't figure out why West Virginia hated BYU so much, then I realized that it's Pitt.

Chris R

Those maps suck.

:(

Though I don't know what Alaska's most hated team would be. Probably Texas or USC due to the high number of Texans and Californians we have living here.

Meier

Yeah I saw they were getting rid of LASP in favor of "The Big Ticket" for students. It sounds exactly like LASP since that program also gave the student admission to every home football game with assigned seats + free admission to all the other sports. I bet they are just renaming it to go up in price.
Unfortunately for staff (and faculty), we won't be eligible for it and instead will just get 20% off the price of a season ticket package which will at a minimum double the cost. Sucks because at most they're going to make a couple hundred grand extra all while screwing a bunch of people over. In both departments (mine and my wife's), we don't even know a single coworker who has season tickets so it's not like they're leaving a ton of money on the table by letting staff get the same discount. You can't even get a discount for your spouse currently so we buy our tickets separately.

Unfortunately for staff (and faculty), we won't be eligible for it and instead will just get 20% off the price of a season ticket package which will at a minimum double the cost. Sucks because at most they're going to make a couple hundred grand extra all while screwing a bunch of people over. In both departments (mine and my wife's), we don't even know a single coworker who has season tickets so it's not like they're leaving a ton of money on the table by letting staff get the same discount. You can't even get a discount for your spouse currently so we buy our tickets separately.

Damn thats a shitty deal for the staff and faculty. 20% off big deal....Patterson is hosing yall. Faculty should organize a protest

Jhriad

Not even a full week into summer practice and already one season ending injury. I was hoping to avoid assuming the grim mantle of expecting the worst until I saw us play against Florida Atlantic. I await the inevitable four losses.

Draxal

I'm completely confused, Bama is far from the most hated team in NJ.

I'd say it's a toss up between ND, Cuse, PSU, or BC.

Honestly it might be OSU, too many PSUers in SJ.

North Jersey and like to call South Jersey Alabama so I'm wondering if that's skewing the results depending on the metrics used.

cdyhybrid

That map is just a survey of Reddit posters.

So a small sample size and probably not quite representative of the overall CFB fanbase in the country.

KingGondo

Banned
Screw it. I'm rooting for USCe this season.

Ideal CFB playoff:

USCe
OSU (you fuckers know which one)
LSU (I want our shot after being denied in 2011)
Michigan (my neighbor is an obnoxious Michigan fan)

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Not even a full week into summer practice and already one season ending injury. I was hoping to avoid assuming the grim mantle of expecting the worst until I saw us play against Florida Atlantic. I await the inevitable four losses.

Poor aggies.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think the Beavers are going to take the PAC12, but if they do I guess we can say Gondo called it.

Also, :jnc at the "ideal" playoff having two SEC teams.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Screw it. I'm rooting for USCe this season.

Ideal CFB playoff:

USCe
OSU (you fuckers know which one)
LSU (I want our shot after being denied in 2011)
Michigan (my neighbor is an obnoxious Michigan fan)

I'm hoping for:
Baylor
Bama
Oregon
FSU

What I'm expecting:
Bama
Auburn
USCe
someotherteam

Here we go, scoring will work as the following. Each division winner correct is 1 points, conf champ winner selection is 2 points.

Here's the part I'm unsure of, feedback wanted:

First 4 playoff games picked correctly 3 points, final two picked 5 points, champion 7 points. Seedings will not matter for points (unless we feel it should)

Sounds good? Fill em out! Can PM or post them up here, will post them up on google docs again:

-ACC:
Coastal:
Atlantic:
-B1G:
East:
West:
-Big 12:
-American:
-Pac 12:

North:
South:
-SEC:
East:
West:

Playoff Semis:
1:
2:
3:
4:
Finals:
1:
2:
Champion:

truly101

I got grudge sucked!

andycapps

I have to be honest with you, I forgot that even existed.
Larry Scott is mad that everyone else did and that ESPN in combo with SEC has more pull than the PAC 12.

“We’ve been disappointed that DirecTV has been willing to negotiate with ESPN for the SEC Network but not Pac-12,” Scott said. “It is certainly not consistent with them saying they care about what the consumer wants.”

Scott is miffed that the SEC Network will be available to DirecTV’s Southern California subscribers while the Pac-12 channels won’t be. He thinks the fact that Walt Disney Co. is behind the new network played a part in the satellite service’s willingness to get a deal done.

ACC is pretty secure, but not sure not getting the full amount is a good thing.

Yeah, they took less, but the 31 million is still easily the largest conference exit fee, so a challenge to both that "precedent" and the media rights would be very costly for any school thinking of leaving the ACC, or any other conference, for that matter.

FyreWulff

u wot

LINCOLN, Neb. -- Nebraska defensive back LeRoy Alexander has been suspended for the 2014 football season.

The Nebraska Athletic Department made the announcement Friday and did not give a reason for the suspension. Alexander will remain on scholarship and will be allowed to practice with the team.

Alexander was expected to contend for significant playing time at safety. The sophomore played in all 13 games last season at safety and on special teams. He made 27 of his 34 tackles in the last six games.

The Lincoln and university police departments said they had no record of any recent contacts with Alexander. His mother, Theresa Alexander of Toledo, Ohio, declined comment.

How do you manage to get banned for an entire season with no police contact record, but are allowed to practice with the team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom