• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 11: the SEC may have a baby dick, but everyone else still has penis envy

Status
Not open for further replies.

C4Lukins

Oregon actually had a respectable uniform the last time I watched them. Nice to see they are back in their clown gear.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
TCU being so far ahead of Baylor is still really funny to me.

TCU is a better team than Baylor because they lost to Baylor and not West Virginia. Ok. That makes sense.

A win is a win, yeah. But TCU and Bama have the same record, so "a win is a win" doesn't matter. You have to look at the quality of the wins and losses. LSU was in control of that game until the very end, even Saban acknowledged that. You can't act like the first 58 minutes are irrelevant and only look at the last two. TCU dominated the #7 team in the country for the entirety of that game.

Was KSU really worthy of 7th best in the league, though? K-State's resume thus far is pretty terrible if you ask me.

I presume that you are joking, but I can never tell with these kinds of things...

What would you do differently then?

Alabama is 5 right now, TCU is 6. Auburn (3) lost. Either Alabama or Mississippi State (1) will lose next week. TCU doesn't need to worry as long as they continue to win. Similarly, Alabama only needs to worry about their own level of play. The top 4 will sort itself out, there's still 3 weeks left, plus CCGs (for 4 of the 5 conferences). Relax.

I know it'll work itself out. That's clear. But I just think that given the play of both teams to this point, TCU should be ranked higher. I'm not arguing for standings a month from now. I'm arguing for standings this week, even if they won't matter next month.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Theres a reason I dont go on that board. I much prefer pro football because its better quality product, but I rep LSU because of family and I went to ULL so the Cajuns are where my heart fully lies.
I'm just saying, that a huge section of LSU fans did not expect this outcome and are currently in a state of extreme melt down.

Was KSU really worthy of 7th best in the league, though? K-State's resume thus far is pretty terrible if you ask me.

K-State had one loss to Auburn in a game that they looked good in. That's not a bad loss, and they beat the rest of the teams on their schedule. So yeah, they were worthy of the spot they were in. And at worst they were worthy of 9, which is still great.

cajunator

Banned
I'm just saying, that a huge section of LSU fans did not expect this outcome and are currently in a state of extreme melt down.

They are just angry and drunk and have to live in Baton Rouge. Theyll settle down tomorrow to watch Saints.

Hey Lonestar. I take what I said back. You're just a die hard Bama fan and I should respect that. You're entitled to support your team as I am my alma mater. Lol we are still not over losing Saban and it is games like this that make us miss the glory days. We haven't had a good qb since god knows when and while Les is entertaining we would much rather have not lost Saban in the first place.

As far as my Mississippi state comment goes: it would be nice for them to be in the spotlight for once. They have never had it or not in recent memory.

So basically I apologize and we will do this again soon.

I'm just glad that ND fan meltdowns will pale in comparison to Auburn and LSU fans' this week. Even though ND still could have won that game with a perfect second half, it's hard to feel indignant when your quarterback turns the ball over 5 times like he's on scholarship for Florida.

For starters? Not smoke crack.

You think a 2 loss Auburn deserves to be top 10? They lost to Texas A&M... right? I didn't dream that happened, right?

CFP Committee has Ole Miss at 11 right now (and bound to jump into top 10 given MSU, ND and K-State losses). So according to you, CFP Committee is smoking crack?

Please...

C4Lukins

So 2004 was the last Oregon game you watched, then?

I thought just a week or two ago they had a respectable uniform for that one game. Just for that one game. But I guess Oregon does not really have a classic identity. It is just a series of soulless advertising week to week.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop

No, they're in meltdown mode because LSU choked the game away at the end. Most figured it would be a close game.

Hey Lonestar. I take what I said back. You're just a die hard Bama fan and I should respect that. You're entitled to support your team as I am my alma mater. Lol we are still not over losing Saban and it is games like this that make us miss the glory days. We haven't had a good qb since god knows when and while Les is entertaining we would much rather have not lost Saban in the first place.

As far as my Mississippi state comment goes: it would be nice for them to be in the spotlight for once. They have never had it or not in recent memory.

Uhhhh, Mettenberger.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
For starters? Not smoke crack.

You think a 2 loss Auburn deserves to be top 10? They lost to Texas A&M... right? I didn't dream that happened, right?
Auburn's going to take a small tumble. That was a bad, bad loss at home.

cajunator

Banned

I dont miss Saban at all whatsover. Glad he is gone.
I kind of love how insane Les Miles is. LSU games are ridiculously fun to watch because Les is fucking bonkers.

I'm just glad that ND fan meltdowns will pale in comparison to Auburn and LSU fans' this week. Even though ND still could have won that game with a perfect second half, it's hard to feel indignant when your quarterback turns the ball over 5 times like he's on scholarship for Florida.

ygs0d.gif

reKon

Banned
Worst I've ever seen our defense play in a long time. It wasn't even the huge pass plays that killed us like with Oregon. MSU defense literally didn't do anything. At least get one fucking stop. OSU punted once...

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
CFP Committee has Ole Miss at 11 right now (and bound to jump into top 10 given MSU, ND and K-State losses). So according to you, CFP Committee is smoking crack?

Please...

Who is taking about Ole Miss and last week rankings? Did I miss something?

You are being deliberately ridiculous in assuming that Auburn will only fall 5 places after losing to a 6-3 joker team at home...

Draconian

Les is a good coach. If he can convince more players not to go pro immediately, you guys will be in great shape down the road.

Les is a good coach. If he can convince more players not to go pro immediately, you guys will be in great shape down the road.

Les Miles has to be the most underappreciated coach in the country. After every loss half the fan base is calling for his head. Like they don't realize they would be DOA without him.

cajunator

Banned
Mettenberger had weapons like Jeremy Hill (Nfl), Alfred Blue (nfl), Odell Beckham (nfl), JarvisLandry(nfl) all nfl starters.. do you see where Im going with this?

Who is taking about Ole Miss and last week rankings? Did I miss something?

You are being deliberately ridiculous in assuming that Auburn will only fall 5 places after losing to a 6-3 joker team at home...

Auburn still has a very good resume in terms of win, though. That's an ugly home loss, but a close one. Don't think they will fall more than Ole Miss did so bottom end of the top 10 makes sense.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Auburn still has a very good resume in terms of win, though. That's an ugly home loss, but a close one. Don't think they will fall more than Ole Miss did so bottom end of the top 10 makes sense.

Your last 3 pages of comments have shown that you are either a troll or joke character. Congrats, you had me baited, but I am going to back out slowly now.

Mettenberger had weapons like Jeremy Hill (Nfl), Alfred Blue (nfl), Odell Beckham (nfl), JarvisLandry(nfl) all nfl starters.. do you see where Im going with this?

Having talent around you doesn't automatically make you a good player. I really wish people would understand that. Case in point, Jordan Jefferson and Jarrett Lee. They had tons of high level talent around them, and they still were not good players and didn't produce to nearly the level that Mettenberger did.

cajunator

Banned
Having talent around you doesn't automatically make you a good player. I really wish people would understand that. Case in point, Jordan Jefferson and Jarrett Lee. They had tons of high level talent around them, and they still were not good players and didn't produce to nearly the level that Mettenberger did.

I dont disagree that Mettenberger produced decently. He did get drafted and is starting for the Titans after all. He isnt a top tier qb though.

Draconian

I dont disagree that Mettenberger produced decently. He did get drafted and is starting for the Titans after all. He isnt a top tier qb though.

Cam Cameron turned him into a pretty good QB though, which was a massive improvement from where Mettenberger was before Cameron got there.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Auburn's going to take a small tumble. That was a bad, bad loss at home.

To a team that almost lost their scheduled bye last weekend no less. So...is the committee going to realize that 1/2 of the SEC would have 1 more loss if they played the same number of in-conference games as other conferences? Hmmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom