• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 11: the SEC may have a baby dick, but everyone else still has penis envy

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's been the narrative of our season in a nutshell.

Yeah, I know. Helfrich's gotta do something about indiscipline, though. Injuries are out of his control, though.

That bye week is very welcome.

EDIT: Run D has actually been very good today. Pass D is still horrendous, though.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Here is my list, then. This should make complete sense, taking into account previous rankings and results for week 11:

1 Mississippi State 9-0
2 Florida State 9-0
3 Oregon 9-1 (should they win tonight, game is currently close)
4 Alabama 8-1 (road win, although they did not look like a top 4 team to me)
5 TCU (looking like a top 4 team last few weeks, but hard to leap frog other teams that win against in-conference opponents)
6 Arizona State (blowout of #10 ND, however overrated they were)
7 Baylor (blowout road win)
8 Ohio State (Road win of top 10 team)
9 Ole Miss (transitive logic says they shouldn't be ranked in the top 10, but obviously, real world doesn't work that way)
10 Nebraska (undeserved, but we already didn't deserve to be #13, in my opinion, and 4 teams lost in front of us.

11 Auburn (Once again, you lost to fucking Texas A&M, you do not deserve to be ranked in the top 10.)

As much as I think Golson played bad today, Brian Kelly calling him out publicly is pretty shitty.

I dont disagree that Mettenberger produced decently. He did get drafted and is starting for the Titans after all. He isnt a top tier qb though.

You said LSU hasn't had a "good" QB in ages. There's a difference between "top tier" and "good". And Mettenberger was undoubtedly "good".

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Miss all the conversation while calming down and doing laundry.

I only prick out after a win. As usual, I try to sit in silence while all the trash talk happens before the game.

Gonna take luck to win next week, being down 2 hb's. Gonna need Tenpenny or Tyren Jones to grow up and become The Future.

I'll hold that Alabama beating WVU by more than TCU did will give us the edge.

Balphon

Yeah, I know. Helfrich's gotta do something about indiscipline, though. Injuries are out of his control, though.

That bye week is very welcome.

EDIT: Run D has actually been very good today. Pass D is still horrendous, though.

Yeah, but this Utah offense is woeful -- they haven't scored over 30 points in a conference game this season, and that includes a 2OT win at Oregon State (and a loss at home against Wazzu). It's a testament to the talent of this offense that the team is 8-1.

Yeah, but this Utah offense is woeful -- they haven't scored over 30 points in a conference game this season, and that includes a 2OT win at Oregon State (and a loss at home against Wazzu). It's a testament to the talent of this offense that the team is 8-1.

True. That offense putting 40+ points against MSU, Stanford and Utah is extremely impressive.

I hope we haven't lost Pharaoh Brown...

That bye week is god sent.

I think if the ASU from the first half of the game today shows up, they'd beat Oregon. I think if the ASU from the second half shows up, we'd be watching something else on TV after the first quarter.

I think if the ASU from the first half of the game today shows up, they'd beat Oregon. I think if the ASU from the second half shows up, we'd be watching something else on TV after the first quarter.

Oregon's best form beats ASU's. ASU was good today, but that was mostly thanks to forcing Golson into making stupid plays. That's not going to happen to Mariota.

Offensively, ASU's offense was shockingly inconsistent. That's also not going to work against Oregon.

Unless Oregon drops the ball, they should win against ASU. Probably going to be a shootout, but Oregon has got to be favorite by at least 7-10 points (as it currently stands, based on their lineups/form)

ulua

LOL at LSU's fanbase chanting "fuck you saban" in a stadium filled with thousands of little kids/children. ive got nothing but respect for their program/players/coaches but holy shit what a spiteful classless trashy fanbase. way to teach your children how to grow up to be butthurt whiny bitches =P

cajunator

Banned
LOL at LSU's fanbase chanting "fuck you saban" in a stadium filled with thousands of little kids/children. ive got nothing but respect for their program/players/coaches but holy shit what a spiteful classless trashy fanbase. way to teach your children how to grow up to be butthurt whiny bitches =P

The little kids are probably chanting it too

I think you underestimate the vocabulary of Louisiana children.

I picked a bad day to play in an all-day tennis tournament. Sounds like I missed some great games. I'm going to look at the scoreboard/stats to post delayed initial impressions as if I just watched each game finish.

Texas Fight! We somehow beat WVU by a larger MOV than Bama. I believe in the transitive property!!!

Lol Oklahoma.

Will Iowa St.'s AD whine on television again about perceived unfair treatment after losing to Kansas?

Aggy: never a contender, but playing SEC spoiler since 2012

lol Domers didn't have enough defrees to beat ASU. Looks like ASU v. Oregon for the Pac12 championship game.

FSU fails to pull away from another team at home. Most underwhelming 9-0 team since the 2012 Domers

Congrats to Bama for winning in Death Valley. The Mad-Hatter has been losing those close games as of late, so perhaps he needs a new voodoo doll from one of the dark alleys in New Orleans.

tOSU put up 49 points against a stout MSU defense. That's impressive. Congrats to JT Barrett on having another solid game with 0 INT's and 3 TD's

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
giphy.gif

Magic Missile, does +boom damage (to self and monster)

Worst I've ever seen our defense play in a long time. It wasn't even the huge pass plays that killed us like with Oregon. MSU defense literally didn't do anything. At least get one fucking stop. OSU punted once...
Twice actually, but your point stands.

I'm still shocked by how our offense performed last night. I knew we were good, of course, but that performance was pretty much flawless.

Also, much love to all the Sparty folks on here. So glad we got revenge on you, but I still respect the hell out of you fine folks.

JCX

Normally I'm more affected by losses, but for whatever reason I'm not this time. Do work in the playoff Buckeyes.

jjasper

Still thinking at the end of the day the top 4 are gonna be:
1. FSU
2. Bama
3. Oregon
4. TCU

Also it is so sad that 15+ years later, Chavis still hasn't learned that his Mustang package is complete shit.

ag-my001

Whoa, just saw a shocking score, though maybe I just want paying attention this year: North Dakota State got beat badly at home.

MrJames

So Leon Orr is completely off the team.

The fifth-year senior, who was expected to be a significant part of the defensive line rotation, chose to go home to Gainesville, Florida, on a bus.

"He was more concerned with starting than being part of the team," Muschamp said.

After the game, Muschamp told reporters that Orr is no longer a part of the team.

"I said 'If you go home, you're done. You're not a Florida Gator anymore,'" Muschamp said.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11843951/leon-orr-leaves-florida-gators-role-backup

Good.

inm8num2

Normally I'm more affected by losses, but for whatever reason I'm not this time. Do work in the playoff Buckeyes.

I expected MSU to lose (might have been the only Spartan fan in here to post such thoughts last week). Didn't buy the tougher schedule talk - MSU got whooped at Oregon and nearly shat the bed against Nebraska. They're a good team but the defense is nothing like last year, and tbh I've felt that Cook has been overrated. He played very well in the BTCG and Rose Bowl, maybe his best overall games, but otherwise this season he hasn't really looked great.

When a potentially 10-2 regular season feels disappointing to us Spartans, you know the program is heading in the right direction. :)

edit - the above gif says it all. Secondary got absolutely burned, and for most of the game the LBs seemed nonexistent. Hole after hole to break away for big runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom