• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 11: the SEC may have a baby dick, but everyone else still has penis envy

Status
Not open for further replies.
2007 they could have easily been in the championship, and might have been if it weren't for people like Herbstreit going on TV saying that you should have to win your conference to be in the championship game (even though it's not a requirement and he's since said the opposite with Bama and LSU).

SECSECSEC

if Ohio State had two losses that year he probably wouldn't have been saying that

xeris

GAF Pick'em Week 11 Games

Baylor @ Oklahoma by 7
Iowa @ Minnesota by 6
Georgia Tech @ NC State by 7
Notre Dame @ Arizona State by 4
West Virginia @ Texas by 11
Michigan @ Northwestern by 4
UCLA @ Washington by 10
Louisville @ Boston College by 11
Kansas State @ TCU by 4
Alabama @ LSU by 4
Ohio State @ Michigan State by 4
Oregon @ Utah by 14

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
A bit of NCAA internal emails.

B1sMAS8CUAASUhN.png

Basically, for as bad as the PSU situation was, the NCAA knew that it technically outside of it's jurisdiction to do anything about the Sandusky situation. It bluffed Penn State into accepting punishment.

Think this is an article, with the full email. But it's a Penn State site, so cover your butts protect yourselves
I think MOST people realized that the NCAA didn't have actual jurisdiction over the issue. No NCAA rule was actually broken, but because (1) there's no doubt that the PSU football brand would have been tarnished by the allegations, (2) their recruiting probably would have suffered as a result, and (3) the cover-up was so egregious that most people (other than Penn State fans) still wanted the NCAA to do something about it.

Who cares if Penn State was "bluffed" into agreeing to the sanctions? They agreed with them because they wanted to start the process of putting the Sandusky molestations in their past as soon as possible.

So I say to hell with anyone who wants to give Emmert and the NCAA crap about their handling of PSU. They did what most people who give a shit about college football wanted them to do.

andycapps

SECSECSEC

if Ohio State had two losses that year he probably wouldn't have been saying that

Right, I would guess he wouldn't have said that. Everyone knows how I feel about 2007. Still bugs me how the rankings and bowl appearances went that year.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Baylor @ Oklahoma by 9
Iowa @ Minnesota by 3
Georgia Tech @ NC State by 8
Notre Dame @ Arizona State by 3
West Virginia @ Texas by 15
Michigan @ Northwestern by 3
UCLA @ Washington by 6
Louisville @ Boston College by 2
Kansas State @ TCU by 8
Alabama @ LSU by 2
Ohio State @ Michigan State by 2
Oregon @ Utah by 10

I think MOST people realized that the NCAA didn't have actual jurisdiction over the issue. No NCAA rule was actually broken, but because (1) there's no doubt that the PSU football brand would have been tarnished by the allegations, (2) their recruiting probably would have suffered as a result, and (3) the cover-up was so egregious that most people (other than Penn State fans) still wanted the NCAA to do something about it.

Who cares if Penn State was "bluffed" into agreeing to the sanctions? They agreed with them because they wanted to start the process of putting the Sandusky molestations in their past as soon as possible.

So I say to hell with anyone who wants to give Emmert and the NCAA crap about their handling of PSU. They did what most people who give a shit about college football wanted them to do.

This basically echoes my sentiments on the matter.

The entire situation was so incomprehensibly disgusting that it's not shocking that the NCAA didn't know how to deal with it. Of course there was no precedent for it. How the hell could there have been?

Did the NCAA overstep? Technically, yes. Should any of us really give a shit? No.

It also gave PSU the ability to say they were punished by an outside body in an appropriate way. If their punishments had only been self imposed there would have always been a lingering attitude that they were going easy on themselves.

Baylor @ Oklahoma by 4
Iowa @ Minnesota by 4
Georgia Tech @ NC State by 4
West Virginia @ Texas by 4
UCLA @ Washington by 4
Louisville @ Boston College by 4
Kansas State @ TCU by 4
Alabama @ LSU by 4
Oregon @ Utah by 4

My first instinct is to go with all road winners...which certainly can't work out. Will probably revisit later.

cashman

Banned
Baylor @ Oklahoma by 4
Iowa @ Minnesota by 6
Georgia Tech @ NC State by 5
Notre Dame @ Arizona State by 7
West Virginia @ Texas by 4
UCLA @ Washington by 10
Louisville @ Boston College by 15
Kansas State @ TCU by 4
Alabama @ LSU by 14
Ohio State @ Michigan State by 10
Oregon @ Utah by 24

Limedust

There's no reason for Saban to leave. So that's just not happening.

Smart is unproven as a head coach. I don't know that he's the home run hire a lot of people think he is when I'm sure that Saban micromanages the shit out of their defense. I'm not sure how much of Bama's defense is Smart executing what Saban tells him to do, or just Saban.

If Saban were to announce his retirement after this season, my first pick would be Jim McElwain.

mre: Alabama bias aside, the time spent in replying to the law'ya questions is appreciated.

Clearly biased™ class rankings in recruiting so far.

https://twitter.com/CollegeGameDay/status/530147619050233856
http://insider.espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/classrankings

B1tAdGvIMAA6t4r.png

What's that, 7 of the top 10 slots going to the SEC? Clemson and Florida State crash the party by being in the top 4, and tMCU is 7.

Clemson will drop by signing day. The class is basically done save for 1 or 2 more, possibly. We don't oversign 10 guys like the SEC.

At this point Jameis has to be a performance art project:

http://ibnsportswrap.com/article.php?articleID=1716

My favorite part:

*Update* As of 9:45 AM est.. IBN attempted to reach out to Chris Rabb via phone and someone did answer the cell phone, we asked if he had any comment on "alleged" gambling rumors that involved him and his former high school teammate Jameis Winston, his answer was brief "Fuck boy how did you get my number?.. mind your business boy" that's when the phone hung up. - See more at: http://ibnsportswrap.com/article.php?articleID=1716#sthash.5Cyktl5B.dpuf

I should point out that this site looks completely legitimate. The article was written by Incarcerated Bob.

cdyhybrid

Seriously though, ESPN's recruiting rankings have favored kids from southern regions for a while now. Like, for years. It's all a crapshoot regardless, but yeah.

Lunar15

Sucks to not see Florida up there in recruiting rankings. No one wants to go to a place where the future is so uncertain.

Sucks to not see Florida up there in recruiting rankings. No one wants to go to a place where the future is so uncertain.

Via the Insider link, Florida comes in at 31, which is notably behind football powerhouse Duke (27).

21 Okie State
22 Ole Miss
23 Michigan
24 North Cackalacka
25 West Virginia
26 Up and Coming Program
27 Duke
28 Wisconsin
29 Texas Tech
30 Sparty
31 Gata
32 Arizona
33 Baylor
34 Nebraska
35 SEC East Champions
36 Arizona State
37 Ohio State Lost To These Guys At Home
38 You Can Do That
39 Boston College
40 Washington?

Baylor @ Oklahoma by 31
Iowa @ Minnesota by 28
Georgia Tech @ NC State by 9
Notre Dame @ Arizona State by 9
West Virginia @ Texas by 6
Michigan @ Northwestern by 6
UCLA @ Washington by 4
Louisville @ Boston College by 7
Kansas State @ TCU by 4
Alabama @ LSU by 21
Ohio State @ Michigan State by 14
Oregon @ Utah by 24

Wake Forest tomorrow is supposed to be a breeze, but I'm still weary of our wet paper bag of an offense.

How much longer before Deshaun Watson is back? I seem to recall seeing on Twitter recently that he was ahead of schedule on recovery.

Edit: Found my own answer.

CLEMSON, S.C. -- Injured quarterback Deshaun Watson is healthy enough to return for Clemson, although Tigers coach Dabo Swinney says he might not use the freshman against Wake Forest on Thursday night.

Watson will be dressed and prepared to play for possibly his first action in a month.

"It'll probably be the most watched pregame warmup we have," Swinney said. "He really looks good."

How much longer before Deshaun Watson is back? I seem to recall seeing on Twitter recently that he was ahead of schedule on recovery.

He's been moved too 'doubtful' status for the Wake Forest game, and some say he'd come in to play a few snaps tomorrow on the chance that Wake Forest takes a sizable lead. He'll definitely be back for the Georgia Tech game though.

Edit: Beaten by founded answer.

Baylor @ Oklahoma by 7
Iowa @ Minnesota by 10
Georgia Tech @ NC State by 10
Notre Dame @ Arizona State by 7
West Virginia @ Texas by 20
Michigan @ Northwestern by 10
UCLA @ Washington by 6
Louisville @ Boston College by 10
Kansas State @ TCU by 7
Alabama @ LSU by 4
Ohio State @ Michigan State by 14
Oregon @ Utah by 14

He's been moved too 'doubtful' status for the Wake Forest game, and some say he'd come in to play a few snaps tomorrow on the chance that Wake Forest takes a sizable lead. He'll definitely be back for the Georgia Tech game though.

Edit: Beaten by founded answer.

Take heart in the fact that one blog I read today said "Wake Forest is arguably the worst Power 5 team in the nation, at 2-6 overall and 0-4 in ACC play, failing to crack the top 100 in any major offensive category." Clemson can't Clempson that game, can they?

Take heart in the fact that one blog I read today said "Wake Forest is arguably the worst Power 5 team in the nation, at 2-6 overall and 0-4 in ACC play, failing to crack the top 100 in any major offensive category." Clemson can't Clempson that game, can they?
If I say we won't Clemson it, it'll just jinx us and make the Clemsoning happen.

So I'll just say Wake Forest is no pushover and we'll have a tough competitive game. That should do it.

UAB, the team responsible for the worst loss in UCF history (I say that after the UCONN loss), is having issues again, seemingly due to the Alabama Board of Trustees inexplicably crippling UAB.

I know they previously blocked them hiring Jimbo Fisher and an on campus stadium so they could move out of the horrific Legion Field.

But I guess some info is going around that Bama would just love to shut the program down.

http://www.underdogdynasty.com/2014...rs-allege-trustees-could-end-football-program

Edit: Oh and UCF and GTech are in discussions for a football series. Shocking because O'Leary is still the coach.

mre

Clemson just took that as a challenge.

Schmitty

Word.

So what ever happened to UCF's road to the championship?

Baylor @ Oklahoma by 4
Iowa @ Minnesota by 7
Georgia Tech @ NC State by 6
Notre Dame @ Airzona State by 10
West Virgini[/B]a @ Texas by 7
Michigan @ Northwestern by 9
UCLA @ Washington by 4
Louisville @ Boston College by 4
Kansas State @ TCU by 13
Alabama @ LSU by 4
Ohio State @ Michigan State by 8
Oregon @ Utah by 17

mre

UAB, the team responsible for the worst loss in UCF history (I say that after the UCONN loss), is having issues again, seemingly due to the Alabama Board of Trustees inexplicably crippling UAB.

I know they previously blocked them hiring Jimbo Fisher and an on campus stadium so they could move out of the horrific Legion Field.

But I guess some info is going around that Bama would just love to shut the program down.

http://www.underdogdynasty.com/2014...rs-allege-trustees-could-end-football-program

Edit: Oh and UCF and GTech are in discussions for a football series. Shocking because O'Leary is still the coach.
I've spoken on this before. I think there absolutely is a faction on the Board of Trustees who would love nothing more than to shutdown UAB football. They refuse to give the program any resources, and, as that article points out, blocked the school from hiring Jimbo Fisher. Now, I understand why there is hesitation surrounding building them a new stadium, because the program is pretty much a money pit. But it's a chicken or the egg situation: do people not go to UAB games because there is no support for UAB football, or do they not go because Legion Field is such a shithole and is located in the worst part of the city?

At least if they shut the program down in 2016 they'll actually be making a decision regarding the program's future instead of allowing it to limp around without the money to improve itself. If they're not going to give the school the resources to thrive, then they need to just kill the program.

With that said, I don't know what it is about UAB that has caused some of these board members to either feel threatened by UAB or has made them carry some deep-seated grudge against it.

I've spoken on this before. I think there absolutely is a faction on the Board of Trustees who would love nothing more than to shutdown UAB football. They refuse to give the program any resources, and, as that article points out, blocked the school from hiring Jimbo Fisher. Now, I understand why there is hesitation surrounding building them a new stadium, because the program is pretty much a money pit. But it's a chicken or the egg situation: do people not go to UAB games because there is no support for UAB football, or do they not go because Legion Field is such a shithole and is located in the worst part of the city?

At least if they shut the program down in 2016 they'll actually be making a decision regarding the program's future instead of allowing it to limp around without the money to improve itself. If they're not going to give the school the resources to thrive, then they need to just kill the program.

With that said, I don't know what it is about UAB that has caused some of these board members to either feel threatened by UAB or has made them carry some deep-seated grudge against it.
Generally a faction is all that matters. In meetings like this, that faction can easily influence the rest. But UAB is no threat, so I don't get the issue. Especially since the football program was just recently created.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Oklahoma by 4
Iowa by 11
Georgia Tech by 13
Notre Dame by 9
West Virginia by 17
Michigan by 6
UCLA by 12
Louisville by 18
Kansas State by 5
LSU by 7
Michigan State by 9
Oregon by 23

GAF Pick'em Week 10 Results and Rankings

Rank [ Change ] User < Score | Total Pts > ( Last Pts / Last Picks )
1 [ &#9660;0 ] Jhriad < 99 | 105 > ( 13 / 9 )
2 [ &#9660;1 ] Battlezone < 96 | 103 > ( 10 / 6 )
3 [ &#9650;1 ] GoldenEye 007 < 94 | 95 > ( 12 / 7 )
4 [ &#9650;9 ] Yaboosh < 93 | 100 > ( 16 / 10 )
4 [ &#9650;1 ] StrikerObi < 93 | 100 > ( 12 / 8 )
4 [ &#9660;1 ] Jay Sosa < 93 | 99 > ( 10 / 8 )
7 [ &#9660;0 ] AntoneM < 92 | 99 > ( 12 / 9 )
7 [ &#9650;1 ] xeris < 92 | 97 > ( 13 / 9 )
7 [ &#9650;3 ] tokkun < 92 | 96 > ( 14 / 8 )
10 [ &#9660;5 ] Purple Cheeto < 89 | 97 > ( 8 / 7 )
10 [ &#9650;6 ] KingGondo < 89 | 96 > ( 13 / 9 )
12 [ &#9650;6 ] Crimson Commie < 87 | 93 > ( 12 / 9 )
12 [ &#9660;2 ] perfectchaos007 < 87 | 93 > ( 9 / 7 )
12 [ &#9650;1 ] Incognito < 87 | 91 > ( 10 / 8 )
15 [ &#9660;7 ] Monroeski < 85 | 90 > ( 6 / 6 )
15 [ &#9660;5 ] GodfatherX < 85 | 88 > ( 7 / 5 )
17 [ &#9650;7 ] FelixOrion < 84 | 90 > ( 11 / 8 )
17 [ &#9650;11 ] ag-my001 < 84 | 89 > ( 12 / 9 )
17 [ &#9650;11 ] theprodigy < 84 | 89 > ( 12 / 9 )
17 [ &#9650;11 ] Draxal < 84 | 88 > ( 12 / 9 )
21 [ &#9660;3 ] devildog820 < 83 | 90 > ( 8 / 7 )
21 [ &#9650;7 ] zyxwvu4321 < 83 | 89 > ( 11 / 8 )
21 [ &#9650;3 ] chicko1983 < 83 | 89 > ( 10 / 7 )
21 [ &#9660;8 ] truly101 < 83 | 89 > ( 6 / 5 )
21 [ &#9660;5 ] pxleyes < 83 | 88 > ( 5 / 5 )
21 [ &#9650;1 ] Randolph Freelander < 83 | 87 > ( 9 / 7 )
27 [ &#9660;9 ] Mac the KNife < 82 | 89 > ( 7 / 6 )
27 [ &#9660;3 ] Enfinit < 82 | 87 > ( 9 / 7 )
27 [ &#9660;5 ] Cyan < 82 | 87 > ( 8 / 6 )
27 [ &#9650;9 ] bucknuticus < 82 | 84 > ( 12 / 9 )
31 [ &#9650;5 ] cashman < 81 | 87 > ( 11 / 9 )
31 [ &#9660;3 ] MrJames < 81 | 87 > ( 9 / 7 )
31 [ &#9660;7 ] Subitai < 81 | 85 > ( 8 / 6 )
31 [ &#9660;13 ] cdyhybrid < 81 | 81 > ( 0 / 0 )
35 [ &#9660;0 ] Draconian < 80 | 86 > ( 9 / 6 )
35 [ &#9650;1 ] Schmitty < 80 | 85 > ( 10 / 7 )
37 [ &#9660;9 ] Frustrated_Grunt < 79 | 84 > ( 7 / 6 )
38 [ &#9660;10 ] Ganhyun < 78 | 84 > ( 6 / 5 )
39 [ &#9650;4 ] JCX < 77 | 77 > ( 11 / 7 )
39 [ &#9650;1 ] andycapps < 77 | 77 > ( 9 / 7 )
39 [ &#9660;3 ] Westonian < 77 | 77 > ( 0 / 0 )
42 [ &#9660;0 ] Affeinvasion < 74 | 81 > ( 7 / 5 )
43 [ &#9650;2 ] rhfb < 72 | 77 > ( 7 / 6 )
43 [ &#9660;0 ] Lonestar < 72 | 77 > ( 5 / 4 )
45 [ &#9650;3 ] sf2fanatic < 68 | 72 > ( 13 / 9 )
45 [ &#9660;5 ] AlteredBeast < 68 | 68 > ( 0 / 0 )
47 [ &#9660;1 ] ConfusingJazz < 63 | 63 > ( 0 / 0 )
48 [ &#9660;1 ] mre < 61 | 61 > ( 0 / 0 )
49 [ &#9650;3 ] jamesinclair < 49 | 49 > ( 8 / 6 )
49 [ &#9660;0 ] bachikarn < 49 | 49 > ( 0 / 0 )
51 [ &#9660;1 ] Talka < 47 | 47 > ( 0 / 0 )
52 [ &#9660;1 ] StoOgE < 43 | 43 > ( 0 / 0 )
53 [ &#9660;0 ] Schlep < 34 | 34 > ( 0 / 0 )
54 [ &#9660;0 ] NihonTiger90 < 29 | 29 > ( 9 / 7 )
55 [ &#9660;0 ] johnbone < 19 | 19 > ( 0 / 0 )
55 [ &#9660;0 ] Torlain < 19 | 19 > ( 0 / 0 )
57 [ &#9660;0 ] Sotha_Sil < 14 | 14 > ( 0 / 0 )
57 [ &#9660;0 ] JJDinomite < 14 | 14 > ( 0 / 0 )
59 [ &#9660;0 ] MightyHealthy < 11 | 11 > ( 0 / 0 )
60 [ &#9650;6 ] Kacar < 8 | 8 > ( 8 / 7 )
60 [ &#9660;0 ] wbsmcs < 8 | 8 > ( 0 / 0 )
60 [ &#9660;0 ] Zach < 8 | 8 > ( 0 / 0 )
60 [ &#9660;0 ] Garryk < 8 | 8 > ( 0 / 0 )
60 [ &#9650;6 ] Xplatformer < 8 | 8 > ( 0 / 0 )
63 [ &#9660;0 ] BertramCooper < 7 | 7 > ( 0 / 0 )
64 [ &#9660;0 ] LosDaddie < 6 | 6 > ( 0 / 0 )
65 [ &#9660;0 ] CouldBeWorse < 5 | 5 > ( 0 / 0 )

Week 10 High Score: 16 by Yaboosh (This Season's New High Score!)
Most Overall Picks: 10 by Yaboosh
Most MoV Picks: 6 by Yaboosh, tokkun

p7aZjRG.png

Wow, I had no clue Gumby's wasn't just a Tallahassee chain.

Dude, how did you not know this? Have I never told you that my second cousin (aka my father's cousin) is Gumby? By that I mean he is the guy that owns the Gumby's brand. He opened the first store in Gainesville and grew it out nation-wide from there.

He actually doesn't own the Tallahassee location anymore. It was one the first stores he opened outside of Gainesville. He told us over dinner one night a few years ago that he sold the location off because his delivery drivers were getting robbed too often. So now the Tallahassee location is one of the few non-corporate-owned, non-franchise, totally independent Gumby's stores.

Anyway, on to my picks.

GAF Pick'em Week 11 Games

Baylor @ Oklahoma by 4
Iowa @ Minnesota by 4
Georgia Tech @ NC State by 6
West Virginia @ Texas by 7
Michigan @ Northwestern by 4 This feels like a tossup so I'm just hate-picking against Hoke because why not.
UCLA @ Washington by 4
Louisville @ Boston College by 6
Kansas State @ TCU by 4 Upset special
Alabama @ LSU by 7
Ohio State @ Michigan State by 6 Sad pizza special
Oregon @ Utah by 9

truly101

I got grudge sucked!

Worse than KU? Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaally?

images

Baylor @ Oklahoma by 10
Iowa @ Minnesota by 7
Georgia Tech @ NC State by 14
Notre Dame @ Airzona State by 7
West Virginia @ Texas by 7
Michigan @ Northwestern by 10
UCLA @ Washington by 7
Louisville @ Boston College by 7
Kansas State @ TCU by 7
Alabama @ LSU by 7
Oregon @ Utah by 10

Enron

Banned
LOL yeah right. You think the penny pinchers at Butts-Mehre would open up their endless gold coffers enough to pry away Saban from Bama? It's not that we couldn't afford it, it's that Bama can afford to spend whatever it takes to keep him as well. There's no reason for Saban to leave. So that's just not happening.

Smart is unproven as a head coach. I don't know that he's the home run hire a lot of people think he is when I'm sure that Saban micromanages the shit out of their defense. I'm not sure how much of Bama's defense is Smart executing what Saban tells him to do, or just Saban.

Richt's record is .737. Dooley's was .715. Dooley did not have a national championship until 26 years into his tenure. Dooley had quite a few 5-5 and 6-5 seasons that probably would have gotten him fired now, and those occurred prior to the national title he won. Is Richt capable of getting us to a national championship? Well he was a few seconds away from an appearance in 2012. I'm pretty sure Dooley had some of those close calls too before he got one. Richt went 13-1 in 2002, could have very easily been in the championship that year if it weren't for two undefeated teams. 2007 they could have easily been in the championship, and might have been if it weren't for people like Herbstreit going on TV saying that you should have to win your conference to be in the championship game (even though it's not a requirement and he's since said the opposite with Bama and LSU).

So it's not for a lack of opportunities, it's a lack of good breaks, some injuries, bad seasons, etc. I still think Richt is the best coach we've ever had at UGA, the numbers bear that out. The only thing eluding him is a championship. When he gets that, what will people complain about then?

Sorry for the Pristine post

We are never winning shit so long as Mark Richt is in charge of things in Athens. He's had his chances. The only time we were even able to win a conference was when all of the big powers were down.

During Richt's tenure, Gene Chizik waltzed into Auburn and won a national title. Gus Malzahn waltzed into Auburn and immediately won an SEC title. Nick Saban restored Alabama into a title machine. Meanwhile UGA continues to rack up 8 and 9 win seasons, and trips to bowl games nobody cares about.

I'm sick of it.

We are never winning shit so long as Mark Richt is in charge of things in Athens. He's had his chances. The only time we were even able to win a conference was when all of the big powers were down.

During Richt's tenure, Gene Chizik waltzed into Auburn and won a national title. Gus Malzahn waltzed into Auburn and immediately won an SEC title. Nick Saban restored Alabama into a title machine. Meanwhile UGA continues to rack up 8 and 9 win seasons, and trips to bowl games nobody cares about.

I'm sick of it.
Be careful what you wish for.

A bad HC hire and you're in the basement for a decade.

andycapps

I'm sick of it.

You could always say that other teams are doing well because other teams in their division are on a slide. It certainly helped Spurrier in the 90's at Florida that we sucked. Doesn't take anything away from what that bastard did there.

There's also a couple things here. Gene Chizik had Cam Newton, as much as I hate the guy, he was a game changer in college. Gus Malzahn had Nick Marshall. Both of those guys at Auburn were kicked off other teams. Saban is a little different case, he's the best coach in football right now and he could go to any top tier team and win titles.

Richt also won the conference championship in his second year in the league and again in 2005. Won division titles in 2002, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2011, and 2012.

If UGA fires Richt, I don't think any coach would want to come there because he's looked upon very well by his peers and based on the stats I posted yesterday, he has overachieved for a coach at Georgia. What the hell would you fire him for? He'll eventually get the title we all want. The odds of him getting that title eventually based on his past success are much greater than us somehow hitting a homerun hire with bumping a coordinator from another program up to be our HC, or getting a HC from a mid-major. Richt isn't getting fired, his seat isn't remotely hot at this point.

All this can be summed up with, remember when Tennessee fired Fulmer? Aka the best coach they've ever had (other than Neyland)? They've been on a spiral that they can't seem to get out of with Kiffin, Dooley the younger, and now Jones.

So much this.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Hopefully the UGA coaches can get those players back on track. Though I am hearing alot of chatter about Richt just not being anything other than a 8+ wins a season coach. Lot of people want him gone completely because they seem to think we could get Saban or Kirby Smart or something.

What's the deal with Kirby Smart, anyway? Seems like he's been a hot name for coaching jobs for half a decade but he still hasn't moved from Alabama. Does he just feel like he's got a pretty good gig going as is and doesn't want to leave?

You could always say that other teams are doing well because other teams in their division are on a slide. It certainly helped Spurrier in the 90's at Florida that we sucked. Doesn't take anything away from what that bastard did there.

There's also a couple things here. Gene Chizik had Cam Newton, as much as I hate the guy, he was a game changer in college. Gus Malzahn had Nick Marshall. Both of those guys at Auburn were kicked off other teams. Saban is a little different case, he's the best coach in football right now and he could go to any top tier team and win titles.

Richt also won the conference championship in his second year in the league and again in 2005. Won division titles in 2002, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2011, and 2012.

If UGA fires Richt, I don't think any coach would want to come there because he's looked upon very well by his peers and based on the stats I posted yesterday, he has overachieved for a coach at Georgia. What the hell would you fire him for? He'll eventually get the title we all want. The odds of him getting that title eventually based on his past success are much greater than us somehow hitting a homerun hire with bumping a coordinator from another program up to be our HC, or getting a HC from a mid-major. Richt isn't getting fired, his seat isn't remotely hot at this point.

Sounds like he's the Tony Romo of college football head coaches. Fans are getting sick of him and saying he'll never win anything but are failing to look around a bit and realize how good they really have it.

Be happy with your Tony Romo, Georgia fans; You could have a Geno Smith instead.

It's amazing what Tuberville did to us, and particularly our depth, in only 3 seasons. We've had trouble even getting enough guys to tackle people on special teams the last few seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom