• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 11: the SEC may have a baby dick, but everyone else still has penis envy

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

ACC refs, worst of the worst.

CbPwXax.png

znvKEWn.jpg

I wonder if the coaching staff can file a formal complaint and get the targeting penalty overturned for the first half of next week's game.

cdyhybrid

Nope, there's no appeal process for it. After the initial video review, the suspension is final.

Yeah, we got fucked by that earlier this season.

Review official didn't overturn it even though the call was ridiculous, so the NCAA wouldn't do anything about it.

I don't think you guys realize how bad playing chop block central is going to be with a backup safety for a half. We traded in one problem for another.

That assumes that what counts as refereeing in the Pac 12 actually meets the definition of refereeing. As it clearly does not, it's entirely likely that ACC refs are the worst.

Don't the Pac 12 have one less ref on the field than the other conferences this year?

OK, I'm probably dense and don't understand how the scoring works, but I'm not sure how
got me 0 points. Especially since I had Auburn dead on.

I got nothing.

Complaint invalid because you didn't discuss how Yahoo! would never let such a travesty occur.

... except this technicality! Hahahaha, too bad xeris!

Sorry about that. I updated your score in the rankings.

I thought the only extra point was if you picked all the correct winners.
This is accurate.

Ganhyun

Baylor @ Oklahoma by 10
Iowa @ Minnesota by 4
Georgia Tech @ NC State by 4
Notre Dame @ Airzona State by 4
West Virginia @ Texas by 4
Michigan @ Northwestern by 4
UCLA @ Washington by 4
Louisville @ Boston College by 4
Kansas State @ TCU by 4
Alabama @ LSU by 4
Ohio State @ Michigan State by 7
Oregon @ Utah by 4

Jay Sosa

GAF Pick'em Week 11 Games

Baylor @ Oklahoma by 4
Iowa @ Minnesota by 6
Georgia Tech @ NC State by X
West Virginia @ Texas by 10
Michigan @ Northwestern by 10
UCLA @ Washington by 4
Louisville @ Boston College by 14
Kansas State @ TCU by 4
Alabama @ LSU by 12
Ohio State @ Michigan State by 4
Oregon @ Utah by 10

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I don't think you guys realize how bad playing chop block central is going to be with a backup safety for a half. We traded in one problem for another.

GT chop blocks? No, never them according to their fans

To be fair, Muschump would be an upgrade for most of the ACC. That ain't sayin' much.

As a DC? Sure, but if you can't win at UF with the available talent there, how could he win at an ACC school with less talent available? Muschamp isn't even Al Golden tier. I don't see the parallels between a coach that averages 9 wins in the nation's toughest conference vs one that can't win at an already established AAA level program.

Look at it another way, both teams playing their best, who in the ACC beats UGA? FSU is the only one I'd feel confident in. Which ACC team could beat UF in its current state?

6Zi72.gif

andycapps

GT chop blocks? No, never them according to their fans

As a DC? Sure, but if you can't win at UF with the available talent there, how could he win at an ACC school with less talent available? Muschamp isn't even Al Golden tier. I don't see the parallels between a coach that averages 9 wins in the nation's toughest conference vs one that can't win at an already established AAA level program.

Look at it another way, both teams playing their best, who in the ACC beats UGA? FSU is the only one I'd feel confident in. Which ACC team could beat UF in its current state?

6Zi72.gif

You have so many points here, and I agree with all of them.

andycapps

5 star (according to Rivals) safety Reshad Roundtree just committed to UGA over the Buckeyes. Big pickup for UGA and for Pruitt for next year. He'd been considered a UGA lock, but took a visit to Columbus last week and some thought he could change his mind. This is a much needed pickup for our untalented and thin secondary.

This is Georgia's 3rd five star commit for 2015. We're coming for you, Bama! :jnc

Lunar15

5 star (according to Rivals) safety Reshad Roundtree just committed to UGA over the Buckeyes. Big pickup for UGA and for Pruitt for next year. He'd been considered a UGA lock, but took a visit to Columbus last week and some thought he could change his mind. This is a much needed pickup for our untalented and thin secondary.

This is Georgia's 3rd five star commit for 2015. We're coming for you, Bama! :jnc

Georgia is usually pretty great at finding elite talent. Keeping them on the field though....

Oklahoma by 9
Minnesota by 5
NC State by 9
Notre Dame by 5
West Virginia by 14
Northwestern by 10
UCLA by 17
Boston College by 6
TCU by 24
LSU by 10
Michigan State by 17
Oregon by 28

tokkun

Baylor @ Oklahoma by 4
Iowa @ Minnesota by 4
Georgia Tech @ NC State by 11
West Virginia @ Texas by 14
Michigan @ Northwestern by 4
UCLA @ Washington by 4
Louisville @ Boston College by 11
Kansas State @ TCU by 7
Alabama @ LSU by 7
Ohio State @ Michigan State by 4
Oregon @ Utah by 14

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I think our main problem is punishing these entitled highschool kids when they get to college and think they can continue acting like idiots.

Dig Roundtree's style, man. Khaki pants with Uga's on them.

I'm still surprised Duke was in his top 3. We knew he wasn't coming to Durham, but its still a nice change for once.

andycapps

We rarely get called for chop blocks. Do we really need to go through the whole chop block vs cut block thing again? Are you guys still not getting it?

I think it's a situation of what Richard Sherman does with the Seahawks. If you hold every play, the officials will never call it. If you chop block often, they'll rarely call it.

andycapps

Honest question. Do you have any idea what a chop block is?

It's a cut block done while the defensive player is being blocked above the waist or has recently been blocked above the waist by an offensive player. The angle of the cut block also has an impact on whether it should be called or not. They're really the exact same block but it's a matter of angle, whether they're being blocked already, and timing.

It's a cut block done while the defensive player is being blocked above the waist or has recently been blocked above the waist by an offensive player. The angle of the cut block also has an impact on whether it should be called or not. They're really the exact same block but it's a matter of angle, whether they're being blocked already, and timing.
A chop block is when a player is already engaged by one blocker high and another cut blocks him low. It has nothing to do with recently blocked or angle of the cut block. It is a fairly simple call to make. Here are some examples to help you understand better from our morally superior friends in Athens who you would think would never do such a thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cq3MkoRGoyU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f6L1XlSTrE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom