• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 12: the Valley Shook, the Plains Ran Dry, and Sparty Clempsoned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

LOL I can't believe Washington blew that game. All they had to do was kneel down.

Edit: He's out of bounds though, should get overturned.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
SEC is good enough to have 2 representative, though. MsSt + Alabama are good enough to make it, alongside Oregon and TCU/FSU.

Yes you have a point there. I'm not sure they will put two sec schools in even if they deserve it.

Jamesways

Ok, I had to leave and this Wis/Neb game was 17-10, looking like Neb was right about to score. What the fuck happened?

I thought for sure Wis was getting blown out, and I drove through shit traffic and snow, and yeah, I drove depressed and angry.

Just got home and turned this on and jaw is on the floor.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Welp, that basically seals this game barring a miracle. Tech will now be out of bowl contention for only the second time in 22 seasons, and it will be the first time they won't go into the final week of the season with bowl eligibility as a possibility in 24 years.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
He's waiting a long time to use those timeouts..
Yep, and making throws down the middle of the field and calling QB runs up the middle... this is shit calling by Mullen down the stretch.

And I'm okay with that.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I feel as if MS ST is just trying to score for playoff reasons now. Their play-calling is as if this is the game tying TD.

Branduil

First he runs the ball instead of kneeling, then he just lets Arizona run the clock down so they have no time to respond if Arizona makes it. Peterson what are you doing?

cdyhybrid

condolences cdy, didn't deserve to lose today, you guys have a really nice squad this year

Nah, they absolutely deserved to lose. Complete shitshow from every part of the team. Fumbles, dropped INTs, all kinds of special teams fuck ups, and then the coaches blow it at the very end for the icing on the cake.

You're not in the Mountain West anymore, Pete.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Amazing catch by Zona wr....

Is is though?

Yes, the sec is in a league of its own. That doesn't mean there aren't good schools in other conferences but those schools play nobodies all season (Baylor, Ohio state, fsu) so it's really hard to see which ones deserve to play against sec schools.

Luckily for the lesser conferences the selection committee can't just put in 4 sec schools.

I am not saying the sec can't lose championships or bowl games though (fsu beating auburn). Only that the quality of play, the caliber of players and the level of competition in the sec is league's ahead of every one else when you look at the conference as a whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom