• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 12: the Valley Shook, the Plains Ran Dry, and Sparty Clempsoned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

And zero shitty losses.

We are getting in if we win out, and everybody can cry all they want about it. It isn't the school's fault our schedule turned out weak this year.

That's true.

It is the school's fault that half their players aren't in jail, though.

And zero shitty losses.

We are getting in if we win out, and everybody can cry all they want about it. It isn't the school's fault our schedule turned out weak this year.

Who knows... CFP committee is definitely sending a message to FSU, though. Better start winning big and soon.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
So the Orange Bowl committee is praying hard that either FSU loses a game or they don't really have to take the next best ACC team.

Man, so sick of Bo Pelini. Same shit different year. I want his ass gone
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
!

Juice

Obligatory GAF CFB thread check-in as a Northwestern fan.

Go cats! Was great to see them beat ND again. Last time was 95 in our miracle season. Awesome

cdyhybrid

Go cats! Was great to see them beat ND again. Last time was 95 in our miracle season. Awesome

You've done us all a great service.

Sorry Affe, you're one of the good ones, but screw your team.

Jhriad

This is anathema to the spirit of big ten football. How many times do we have to humiliate you before you get hateful?

I'll scream my ass off at a game but at the end I'll shake hands with every opposing fan I see and wish them the best of the luck with the rest of the year. Except Colorado. Fuck Colorado. Eh, I might still give them a friendly nod or something.

Man, so sick of Bo Pelini. Same shit different year. I want his ass gone
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
!

+1

Great win! B1G! B1G! B1G! ;)

cashman

Banned

I'll scream my ass off at a game but at the end I'll shake hands with every opposing fan I see and wish them the best of the luck with the rest of the year. Except Colorado. Fuck Colorado. Eh, I might still give them a friendly nod or something.

But what about Texas?

The Miami attendance situation is really complicated. There's some student/local apathy, yes, but it's not the only thing involved in why their home venues have always looked so empty.
I'm sure the complication is that they just haven't been dominate or even good consistently since the early 2000s under the Big East.

I still don't understand why they gave up the Orange Bowl. I'm sure people are happy the current president announced her retirement too. She never seemed friendly to athletics.

Jhriad

I notice alot more of the running punts... Is this gonna be the future now?

It's easier to find guys to kick those than trying to pin them deep with some good gunners and a high kick. Conventional punting probably has a higher ceiling as to how effective it can be in a number of situations though.

A lot of NFL stadiums are smaller than college. But Joe Robbie seats like 75k. If there are actually 50k there, then yeah 20k missing would look bad. But it would look bad anywhere.

Fair enough. Forgot the attendance in most NFL stadiums is smaller than college.

I just saw the odds for this game. Surprised how close they're are putting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom