• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 12: the Valley Shook, the Plains Ran Dry, and Sparty Clempsoned

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjasper

Here's a thought I read from another message board, which is kind of depressing.

Dan Mullen played for a touchdown, but not the win, at the end of the Bama game yesterday because he wanted to score style points with the committee by keeping the score close. This would explain the play calling on that last drive which didn't have any sense of hurry to it all, and, while it did end in a touchdown for MSU, it left them with 12 seconds on the clock and no timeouts.

If this is true, what a sad state of affairs for our sport. I maintain it's idiotic to have a committee decide a 4 team playoff. Should have left the BCS system in place and just taken the top 4 teams there.

I think that might have worked in years past since so much of it was based on people voting who did t watch games and just checked scores and computers that would calculate shit based on MOV. This year though I think the committee is actually watching the games and using "eye test" a lot.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Who is in the worse position hiring-wise? Florida or Michigan?

Florida should have more pull with the top tier coaches right? It seems like by far the better and easier job.

Florida should have more pull with the top tier coaches right? It seems like by far the better and easier job.

It would be much easier to recruit at Florida than Michigan. Michigan basically has to try and pull kids out of Ohio which Urban and Tressel have pretty much locked down over the past 10 years.

Ryuuroden

I think a playoff is only good if you include the champion of each of the power 5 which means we need at least an 8 team. Regardless of which Power 5 conference is having a down year it seems most often that the top team in that conference is going to be a top 10 team. (we could always add restrictions so that the champion accepted can't be an unranked team). Plus that would leave 3 open slots for 3 wild card teams so to speak to satiate the conferences with a bunch of really good teams in any given year. Even before they added playoffs I felt that if they did, they needed to make it so that a conference champion got a shot at it. It works that way in the NFL and you get teams that everyone feels are not that great that end up going far or even winning the super bowl. I am a Big 10 team fan and I know that the Big 10 overall cannot compete with some of the other conferences but I want to see the champion of the Big 10 actually have a chance to go against the best of the best at the end of the year.

bachikarn

I might be biased, but Florida is the better job just because it's easier to recruit at Flordia than Michigan. SEC East has also been really down the past couple of years.

Dre3001

As others have stated, Florida has more recent MNC's and in addition would be easier to recruit there.

With that said whoever takes over the Gators will be in good shape next year. The team has tons of talent on both sides of the ball the issue is solely tied to coaching.

Muschamp had managed to recruit very well his entire time at UF so the talent is already there.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Fuck, I am reading that Muschamp will finish coaching the last two games.

That all but guarantees Florida beats us. Like, it is almost automatic at this point.

ryan-ts

While I agree Florida is easier for recruiting, Michigan has pulled in some "great" recruiting classes under Hoke. They do get a lot of players from Ohio and Michigan but talent, according to the recruiting rankings, is not the issue. Every year they grab a few 4-5 star players from random states too.

The real problem is player development.

Limedust

Saban needs to hire this guy as the new head of player psychological development, as I am quite sure he gives a fuck about absolutely nothing occurring around him:

icecream.0.gif

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Saban needs to hire this guy as the new head of player psychological development, as I am quite sure he gives a fuck about absolutely nothing occurring around him:

icecream.0.gif
Is that motherfucker eating a Dilly bar while it snows/sleets around him?

That right there is a real man.

jjasper

So when UF beats FSU and the team carries Muschamp off the field will it be renamed Will Muschamp field or will he share the name with Zook?

Also LOLSU how the fuck do you get shut out by a team that had lost 17 straight conference games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom