• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 12: the Valley Shook, the Plains Ran Dry, and Sparty Clempsoned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
29 carries in a return game, tears knee with no contact.

This is where you should say "Mark Richt ran his player into the ground"

lush

Pretty terrible decision for Gurley to come back in the first place. Should've hired an agent and started training for the combine as soon as he was suspended. Absolutely nothing to gain coming back.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Freak injury for Gurley.. you can't say anything caused it.. it is what it is. What a fucked up terrible year for the dude.. I mean shit.. can't get worse than this.

Lonestar

Freak injury for Gurley.. you can't say anything caused it.. it is what it is. What a fucked up terrible year for the dude.. I mean shit.. can't get worse than this.

UGA was already leading by alot, and 29 carries is a hell of alot in today's game. We chastised the hell out of Shula for throwing it deep to Prothro while late and up big, and we've chastised Spurrier for running Lattimore too much.

We can do the same to Richt.

Just one snakebit year for Gurley.

Where should they be ranked and who should be #1?

Except that Bama beat the No. 1 team and Oregon had a bye. So no rationale for FSU to go up in the rankings, unless you believe that beating an unranked team after trailing 3 quarters > beating previously undefeated and No. 1 team in the country.

The team ahead of them lost. The rankings have always worked this way.

I know, but hoped AP poll would be less retarded. Good thing that this poll doesn't matter at all.

Kacar

Pretty stupid the Georgia is ahead of MSU. But I guess it doesn't really matter.

Also looks like someone in AP poll put Arkansas in their top 25. But he also has Ohio State at 3. Maybe #HeKnows

I'll say it. That's incredibly irresponsible by Richt and his coaching staff. Of course they care about winning and not player's long term health so it makes sense.

Lets remember back to early october shall we....

B2mdE4BIEAAYy7L.jpg

tokkun

Sources told ESPN.com that, within the last two weeks, Georgia upped Gurley's insurance policy to $10 million in coverage -- $5 million for total disability if Gurley got injured and never played again and $5 million in loss of value insurance, which would kick in if Gurley injured himself and slipped in the draft.

Interesting timing. Maybe they needed to convince Gurley to come back.

Or maybe....foul play!

FSU back to No. 1? For trailing 3 quarters against an unranked team? Hope CFP puts some sense into the rankings

Muschamp just got fired. Florida is bound to knock the pants off of FSU at Ron Zook field. It is destiny. At least enough to knock them out of the top four and salvage the season.

ulua

UGA was already leading by alot, and 29 carries is a hell of alot in today's game. We chastised the hell out of Shula for throwing it deep to Prothro while late and up big, and we've chastised Spurrier for running Lattimore too much.

We can do the same to Richt.

Just one snakebit year for Gurley.

that behind-the-back catch that prothro had is still one of my favorite plays to date. such a shame his career ended the way it did.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Haha. Can't believe someone posted this.

Northwestern sure loves Chick-Fil-A.
I like to imagine that your coach hyped them up before the game with promises of Chik-Fil-A should they knock off the Irish.

And then he delivered on said promise.

I had 1
too many beers Saturday night and had a drunken dream that Nebraska gave up rushing 581 yards to Wisconsin, once again being embarrassed on national television. LOL could you imagine? No way a head coach would keep their job with so many reoccurring blowout losses in the spotlight. I mean, how could a so-called defensive "guru" justify his defense getting routinely torched against any decent competition? And not only beaten badly mind you, but ALL TIME RUSHING RECORD types of dismantled.

Thank God it was all just a dream...looking forward to the B1G championship game against Ohio State!

FyreWulff

Maybe if Bo Pelini goes 6-6 we can talk about firing him

Nebraska is going to get curbstomped once in a while, this isn't 1995 anymore, there are more teams with more money out there now.

I don't expect National Championships anymore. I certainly dont use 1995 as a measuring stick but it should be a baseline to be competitive. 4 losses a year was tolerable with defenses like we had in 09 and 2010. Even if our offense was anemic, we punched teams in the mouth defensively and it was enjoyable to watch, at least.

I've been a Bo guy since 2003. I was a Frank Solich fan too. I didn't think he should have been fired at the time but Bo's resume of blunders far surpasses Solich. Bo has had his 2001 Colorado moment multiple times. In no way should those types of games be expected or tolerated.

FBS ALL TIME RUSHING RECORD. Gordon is probably the best back in the country right now but there is no excuse for that kind of breakdown. Western Illinois certainly doesn't have more defensive talent than us.
In two losses to Wisconsin in 2012 and 2014 the Badgers have gone for 1,267 total yards of offense and scored 129 points against the Huskers.
fyre. fyre pls

FyreWulff

Rivalry game + Wisconsin saw what happened when you let up on the gas against Nebraska, we come back. They don't show us any mercy.

I'll wait til the end of the season to see if he actually ends up 4 losses again. He can still end it 11-2.

edit: I also think it was stupid to fire Solich, but we ended up firing that AD as well. Solich probably doesn't mind being Coach For Life over at Ohio though.

tokkun

I had 1
too many beers Saturday night and had a drunken dream that Nebraska gave up rushing 581 yards to Wisconsin, once again being embarrassed on national television.

Did you wake up with any facial injuries?

Madison police say Bruce Consbruck, a 22-year-old man from Nebraska, intentionally ran into traffic on North Broom and West Gorham streets at 2:05 a.m. Consbruck, who was reportedly intoxicated, attempted to jump over a Union Taxi cab but was struck by the vehicle, suffering minor facial injuries.

He was taken to the hospital for treatment and gave "an expletive laden statement in which he hopes the 'Huskers' defeat the Badgers and that he promises to 'never try and jump over a moving car again."

http://m.channel3000.com/Cornhusker-fan-attempts-to-jump-over-moving-cab/29738622

Meier

FSU back to No. 1? For trailing 3 quarters against an unranked team? Hope CFP puts some sense into the rankings

Miami have zero bad losses (Louisville, Nebraska, Ga Tech, FSU) and quite a bit of talent on both sides of the ball. Rivalry games are frequently unpredictable and this is one of the best rivalries in the game typically -- I was pretty nervous about it. They look no worse than say LSU and definitely would have been ranked if they were in the SEC.

Lonestar

Miami have zero bad losses (Louisville, Nebraska, Ga Tech, FSU) and quite a bit of talent on both sides of the ball. Rivalry games are frequently unpredictable and this is one of the best rivalries in the game typically -- I was pretty nervous about it. They look no worse than say LSU and definitely would have been ranked if they were in the SEC.

With 4 losses, LSU is not ranked

Meier

With 4 losses, LSU is not ranked

Agreed. But at 3, they were and Miami had 3 coming into this game. Miami are a pretty good team regardless of whether they were unranked (which is as much a product of media bias as anything). To put things in perspective, at least two media members voted Arkansas at 25th (or maybe one at 24th) and Texas A&M is still receiving votes. That is how deep the SEC media bias runs.

jjasper

AJ Johnson named in sexual assault investigation. Should've known there was too much positivity around the football program the past two weeks(just for beating USC and UK for a little added perspective), the football gods can't allow that.

We will see what happens. Sounds like 2 players were involved. You have to be beyond dumb to put yourself in a position to be even named in a sexual assault case after everything that has gone on the last year.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
AJ Johnson named in sexual assault investigation. Should've known there was too much positivity around the football program the past two weeks(just for beating USC and UK for a little added perspective), the football gods can't allow that.
Time for Knoxville Police and UT PD to drop by her and remind her that things could get uncomfortable for her by making allegations against a football player. Then promptly file the case in the "victim not wanting to go forward with her complaint" file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom