• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 12: the Valley Shook, the Plains Ran Dry, and Sparty Clempsoned

Status
Not open for further replies.
B2iZwb-IQAA1JxG.jpg

secsecsecsec

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
You have a weird victim complex here. Alabama lost to Ole Miss, and should have lost to 7-4 LSU who just got blanked by Arkansas. Oh and Ole Miss, lost to the team that was blanked by Arkansas and should have won against Alabama. Yet Alabama will still be number 2 after this week.
Where have I argued that our ranking was unfair? I'm pessimistic towards how much movement we'll experience because I really don't think the committee has been impressed by us. If they've watched some of our games, I'd have a hard time arguing them out of that. However, I said it earlier this week, but if we win out, we're in. I still stand by that, which leaves us with three games to win.

Arguing that MSU will stay above is slightly tongue in cheek and I'm poking fun of the committee's asinine decision to put TCU above Baylor because of "reasons." We may pass TCU, but I would be surprised if we were higher than 3. I expect us to be 4th. At this point in the season if they make drastic changes to the top 10 teams not mandated by loses, then the committee is pretty much admitting that they don't know what the fuck they're doing, and they're making it up each week as they go along. Maybe they're okay with everyone thinking that?

FSU's like this year's version of 2012 Notre Dame. Going to be hilarious watching them get dismantled when they have to play a real team.

I keep seeing this same sentiment, but there is no team out there that is as good as Alabama was that year. There aren't really any great teams at all this year. So I'd give FSU a chance against anyone as long as Winston stays eligible. That plus the fact that they haven't played a full game at their best and if they do, they have the talent to beat anyone. That ND team didn't have nearly as much talent.

Draconian

I keep seeing this same sentiment, but there is no team out there that is as good as Alabama was that year. There aren't really any great teams at all this year. So I'd give FSU a chance against anyone as long as Winston stays eligible. That plus the fact that they haven't played a full game at their best and if they do, they have the talent to beat anyone. That ND team didn't have nearly as much talent.

We've been waiting 10 games against a pretty mediocre schedule for them to put a full game together. If they haven't done it yet, why should we expect them to now? It's time we accept that this is just the team that they are.

C4Lukins

Where have I argued that our ranking was unfair? I'm pessimistic towards how much movement we'll experience because I really don't think the committee has been impressed by us. If they've watched some of our games, I'd have a hard time arguing them out of that. However, I said it earlier this week, but if we win out, we're in. I still stand by that, which leaves us with three games to win.

Arguing that MSU will stay above is slightly tongue in cheek and I'm poking fun of the committee's asinine decision to put TCU above Baylor because of "reasons." We may pass TCU, but I would be surprised if we were higher than 3. I expect us to be 4th. At this point in the season if they make drastic changes to the top 10 teams not mandated by loses, then the committee is pretty much admitting that they don't know what the fuck they're doing, and they're making it up each week as they go along. Maybe they're okay with everyone thinking that?

You will be number 2 or 3 at worst, and you will pass TCU. You earned it this week. Alabama had an odd loss and a couple of games where they had to really push it till the end. Win out and you are in, but until today you did not deserve to be in the top 4. Now you do, and maybe you are the best team in the country.

But this idea that the odds were stacked against you is bull shit.

We've been waiting 10 games against a pretty mediocre schedule for them to put a full game together. If they haven't done it yet, why should we expect them to now? It's time we accept that this is just the team that they are.

Because there's a month between the end of the season and the playoff and the team would probably take those games more seriously in preparation. I'm not saying I'd favor them, but to say that they'd have no chance or that they are anything like the 2012 ND team is ridiculous.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
You will be number 2 or 3 at worst, and you will pass TCU. You earned it this week. Alabama had an odd loss and a couple of games where they had to really push it till the end. Win out and you are in, but until today you did not deserve to be in the top 4. Now you do, and maybe you are the best team in the country.
We are way, way too inconsistent for a top ranking. We'll see on Tuesday.
But this idea that the odds were stacked against you is bull shit.
I'm not even sure what you're trying to say. Odds of what?

C4Lukins

We are way, way too inconsistent for a top ranking. We'll see on Tuesday.
As a TCU fan, I think Alabama is the best team in the country. And I would love to make the playoff and hit up Florida State or Oregon. Not so much Alabama.

Still not over yet unless OSU goes for 2

EDIT: And they don't, so this one ain't over yet. This may sound weird, but ASU might be better off that the INT went for a TD rather than them tackling him down instead. They don't have to waste TO's and worry about Oregon St. possibly getting the 1st down to ice the game.

Branduil

Actually would have been better for the Beavers player to take a knee there. ASU will still have a ton of time to try and tie now, LOL.

Wow. Unlike the FSU game, I feel like this upset of asu is going to happen

Actually would have been better for the Beavers player to take a knee there. ASU will still have a ton of time to try and tie now, LOL.
If asu was out of time outs it would have been the right move but asu had all 3 remaining

During the summer (and before all of this season's drama), Jimbo said he expected Jameis to stay next season. Jameis' response was "go with whatever Coach Fisher says," or something along those lines. Jameis also really loves baseball, and he's a pretty big part of the FSU baseball team (which is usually a top ten team each season).

I mean, after all the bullshit that's happened this season I highly doubt it though.
Jumbo is a fucking idiot, though.

During the summer (and before all of this season's drama), Jimbo said he expected Jameis to stay next season. Jameis' response was "go with whatever Coach Fisher says," or something along those lines. Jameis also really loves baseball, and he's a pretty big part of the FSU baseball team (which is usually a top ten team each season).

I mean, after all the bullshit that's happened this season I highly doubt it though.

He's gonna go be the next highly drafted FSU QB to bust in the NFL. They've replaced USC QBs in that department.

Also isn't he like a middle reliever on the baseball team?

ASU lost? Holy poop that's what I get for not paying attention.

FSU is so unimpressive, Miami, Clemson, Louisville and ND are all false prophets.

Always nice to see a Todd Graham coached team lose. Guy is such a weasel.

Talon

You have a weird victim complex here. Alabama lost to Ole Miss, and should have lost to 7-4 LSU who just got blanked by Arkansas. Oh and Ole Miss, lost to the team that was blanked by Arkansas and should have won against Alabama. Yet Alabama will still be number 2 after this week.
That's a whole lot of "should haves" when all that matters is "what happened," notch.

Got home late last night so DVR'd the FSU game and christ on a stick, that's the 5th time this year my fiance has ran out of her room this season wondering what the hell all the commotion is about. Welcome to CFB season, babe! Anyway, FSU's defense was horrrrrific the first half and the turnovers deep in Miami terroritity were killer. But hey, a win is a win. Not sure why Golden went conservative because it appeared that FSU's secondary still had match up confusions in the second half but I'll take it. And yeah, nice non-call on the OPI nearing the end of the game :jnc

Only thing worse than FSU's first half pass defense was my pick ems, but give me a FSU win and bad pick ems every week. In other games, Nebraska should walk home after that embarrassing performance. 409 yards? LOL. 370 in 2 quarters? Pretty impressive. TCU validated everyone's skepticism about their ranking and should be demoted on Tuesday. Another good win by Bama, but would have been nice if Miss St showed up in first half.

My four:
Bama
FSU
Oregon
Miss St

Enron

Banned
AJC's Chip Towers is now reporting that Gurley's injury will end his season.

But sources familiar with the situation said that the news was the worst possible for a star tailback — a season-ending knee injury.

SBNation Playoff Predictions

Interesting article. I'm starting to care about these predictions since we're getting very close to the playoff. Here's on passage I found interesting...

And then there's the final spot. Barring upsets, it would primarily come down to Baylor, Ohio State, or TCU -- another SEC team could be near No. 5, but I don't see the committee entering two teams from one conference.

Here's why I think it would be OSU, based on what we know about the committee's values. Baylor and TCU could each finish with six games against teams that finished .500 or better, while the Buckeyes could finish with eight, plus the Big Ten championship. OSU would have a loss comparable to Baylor's -- Virginia Tech and West Virginia could each finish 7-5 -- and has beaten Minnesota on the road, which TCU was praised for doing at home. Right now, TCU's best win is No. 13 Kansas State at home, while OSU beat No. 12 Michigan State on the road.

Add a potential win against a top-15 Wisconsin to that? Welcome to a whole offseason of talk about the Big 12 expanding into a conference title game, Baylor scheduling tougher, and BIG SCHOOL BIAS. Or someone could be courteous enough to lose before then.

Part of me wants FSU to lose so we can just have an SEC, Pac 12, Big 12 and Big Ten playoff. Logic says that Alabama, TCU, Oregon and Ohio State should all crush FSU... then again that team defies all logic. It will be very interesting seeing how this all pans out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom