• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 13: This months reading assignment: No More Prisons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Doesn't Georgia Tech hate Bama from their rivalry when Tech was semi-relevant?

GT hates a lot of the SEC schools because they were big rivals back in the day when they all regularly played each other like Bama and Auburn.

Wish we played those schools more. I went to the last GT Auburn game at Auburn. Was an extremely fun trip!

andycapps

GT hates a lot of the SEC schools because they were big rivals back in the day when they all regularly played each other like Bama and Auburn.

Wish we played those schools more. I went to the last GT Auburn game at Auburn. Was an extremely fun trip!

That's awesome. I didn't realize they had played Auburn 92 times and annually all the way until 1987.

I wonder what our rivalry with Tech would be like if they hadn't left the SEC.

SEC schools already take enough grief for weak OOC schedules, though.

Well played. At least Tech is ranked now so if we beat them it would be another quality win.

Morgan_Moriarty: Have a source who has a quote friend of Jeremy Foley's, who is apparently "pushing hard for Dabo Swinney." Can't confirm. #coachingrumors

Ba hahahahaha. Please make him your problem, Florida. We'd love to get him out of that stupid contract our AD made for him.

Ba hahahahaha. Please make him your problem, Florida. We'd love to get him out of that stupid contract our AD made for him.

Still eager to run off the one coach that's accomplished anything slightly useful since Danny Ford, I see.

Though if Clemson elevates (and therefore keeps) Chad Morris, perhaps it would work out.

Still eager to run off the one coach that's accomplished anything slightly useful since Danny Ford, I see.

Though if Clemson elevates (and therefore keeps) Chad Morris, perhaps it would work out.

Ideally we could get rid of Dabo and elevate either Chad Morris or Venebles to HC. I'd be ok with that. Then they could clean house in the S&C dept. and also maybe be more serious about recruiting offensive linemen.

andycapps

I agree about Swinney. And bumping a coordinator to head coach is never a sure thing. Hell, getting a coach from somewhere else isn't a sure thing. Head coaching changes are at best a 50/50 chance that you'll get a good one that fits with your program and is capable of being a head coach.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Swinney is a worse Richt. I can understand wanting to take the chance on a new hc if you had Swinney. Not Richt though.

Chris R

Thank you Taco Bell for providing for a student section at each playoff game, even if it's only 500 per team per game.

andycapps

Swinney is a worse Richt. I can understand wanting to take the chance on a new hc if you had Swinney. Not Richt though.

Swinney is an above average coach for Clemson, though. You have a much better chance at landing a coach worse than Swinney than you do of one being better than him.

The same goes for UGA and Richt. I've argued with Enron before about getting rid of Richt. He's one of the best coaches we've ever had.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Goldy Gopher ‏@GoldytheGopher 4 hours ago
Detailed looks at the #BitsOfWoodenChairTrophy with @FauxPelini. Complete with 2 $5 bills #IsThisAnApprovedCarryOn

B2-Q1XNIgAERWm7.jpg

B2-Q1jsIgAEYNwz.jpg

B2-Q1j2IgAA796S.jpg

Honestly, I'll take this over the Iowa and Wisconsin trophies.

Enfinit

Remember to negotiate for a percentage of the available bias.

ACC Network would be sweet if you're into college sports outside of football. The ACC is ridiculous in baseball, and women's soccer and volleyball are also very good in the conference if they air that kinda stuff. I would get the ACC Network in a second if it enabled me to watch most FSU baseball games outside of Tallahassee local television.

andycapps

Oh Jimbo, don't you know that Tech doesn't do chop blocks, ever? And that cut blocks are perfectly legal and never injure anyone?

Tech’s triple-option spread offense also can take a toll on an opponent’s defensive line because of its use of cut blocks. The Seminoles lost three defensive linemen -- Eddie Goldman, Nile Lawrence-Stample and reserve Justin Shanks -- after they suffered lower-leg injuries in the first half of a 37-12 win over The Citadel on Sept. 6. The Citadel also runs the triple-option and uses cut blocks, which are designed to knock down defensive linemen by hitting them at the knees.

“Those guys that cut and chop like this, it’s crazy,” Fisher said after that game. “I’d rather play more conventional teams. Just because of the chance of injuries that occurred.”

Enfinit

I'm actually hoping Muschamp ends up at FSU. We have an opening at DC, and Muschamp's a hell of a DC. I would welcome him with open arms.

Conversely, Jimbo and Muschamp are good friends. Both the Fisher's and the Muschamp's share a timeshare beach home in Pensacola, and I think they were both on Saban's LSU staff back in the day.

COME TO US, WILL. COME TO THE DARK SIDE.

ACC Network would be sweet if you're into college sports outside of football. The ACC is ridiculous in baseball, and women's soccer and volleyball are also very good in the conference if they air that kinda stuff. I would get the ACC Network in a second if it enabled me to watch most FSU baseball games outside of Tallahassee local television.

I'd hope we get it "free" in the ACC footprint. Here in Charlotte, we have SEC Network on TWC, and there's no SEC team in the state.

I wonder about the logistics of it, though. I can't site a source, but the split I've seen for college sports revenue is like 80/20 football/basketball. But you can look around the ACC and see a lot of half-filled (or completely empty, in the case of Miami) football stadiums week to week. Will the eyeballs be there to make a television network worthwhile?

I guess it wouldn't hurt revenue, it just remains to be seen how much additional revenue it would generate.

andycapps

I'm actually hoping Muschamp ends up at FSU. We have an opening at DC, and Muschamp's a hell of a DC. I would welcome him with open arms.

Conversely, Jimbo and Muschamp are good friends. Both the Fisher's and the Muschamp's share a timeshare beach home in Pensacola, and I think they were both on Saban's LSU staff back in the day.

I've been hearing rumors about him going to Sakerlina or Auburn as DC. Neither of which would make me happy. He's a great DC, I'd like him to leave the conference. Starting the petition for Muschamp to Michigan or FSU.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

He'll come to Alabama and be our Special Teams coach, cause hey, why the hell not.

Oh Jimbo, don't you know that Tech doesn't do chop blocks, ever? And that cut blocks are perfectly legal and never injure anyone?
I like Brian Kelly's take on cut blocks
“As it relates to the cut blocks, stop being crybabies, and go play the game. I don’t want to hear about cut blocks. Get in your stance, get off the ball and play the game. I don’t want to hear about it. It’s part of the game, and they’re legal, and you’ve got to get off the ball and go play. I told our guys this is a no cry zone this week. I don’t want to hear about it. Go play big games and go play the game the right way.”

The good thing is that I'm not a coach and don't have to motivate players to deal with constant cut blocks.
Players who cry about it are certainly one thing. They are pansies, but at least they are dealing with the actual blocks themselves. Fans on the internet who cry about them are just complete crybabies with nothing else to talk about.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Brian Kelly's ok with Scissor lifts in Gail wind conditions, too.
Beat me to it. :jnc

I would not quote Kelly when discussing topics of student safety anymore than I would put James Winston on a panel to investigate ways to prevent sexual assault on college campuses.
I wasn't expecting you to be able to spell correctly even if it was a correct spelling of a misspelling.
I can always correctly spell incorrectly spelled words. It's a talent.

I would not quote Kelly when discussing topics of student safety anymore than I would put James Winston on a panel to investigate ways to prevent sexual assault on college campuses.

I can always correctly spell incorrectly spelled words. It's a talent.
Have you written the NCAA yet begging them to implement two hand touch in major college football?

Who's talking about students? This is about athletes. (Am I doing it right?)

Nobody here has anything against smash mouth football. It's just as you're getting smashed in the mouth, we'd like your knees to not get blown out.
Give me a break. You cry on a daily basis about legal blocking schemes that have been a part of "smash mouth football" for many years. Go ahead and petition the NCAA to get rid of all violent contact. It will be better for the little girls on your team who can't handle real football.

No, because no team in a major college football conference actively practices chop blocking.
You should. You don't want your team to get hurt, right? Think about the safety of those poor defenseless souls out there. There should be rules though, like not touching too hard when making the two hand touch. We don't want one of those beefed up steroid monsters to get a bruise on their back or anything.

KingGondo

Banned
You should. You don't want your team to get hurt, right? Think about the safety of those poor defenseless souls out there. There should be rules though, like not touching too hard when making the two hand touch. We don't want one of those beefed up steroid monsters to get a bruise on their back or anything.
You are being insufferable.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sure I've fallen for some pretty obvious bait in the past but I can't recall ever staying on the line for several weeks at a time like this.

You are being insufferable.
Sorry, if you want to keep complaining about legal blocking schemes because there is a chance a player could get injured then you are going to get called out for crying. Football is a rough sport. If your players can't handle it then get new players or disband the team. Crying usually doesn't solve much.

Slo

Wait, and you don't like the Ax? That's the greatest trophy of all. How is it not awesome to storm the other team's sideline and claim a giant ax?

528e5cf1e1f23.preview-620.jpg

Paul-Bunyan-Ax.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom