• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 13: This months reading assignment: No More Prisons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subitai

Pick 'ems for the week:

(THU) Kansas State @ West Virginia by 4
(THU) North Carolina @ Duke by 4

Minnesota @ Nebraska by 4
Boston College @ Florida State by 10
Arizona @ Utah by 4
Stanford @ California by 4 (you know what to do)
Louisville @ Notre Dame by 4
Wisconsin @ Iowa by 13
Oklahoma State @ Baylor by 13
Missouri @ Tennessee by 4
USC @ UCLA by 4
Fresno State @ Nevada by 10

Sports talk callers are almost off-kilter by default.

My favorite local guy, who unfortunately passed away a couple of years ago, was a guy that was simply called "the Get Some Guy," as his patented phrase was "GET SOME!" He was a huge North Carolina fan who'd call into the local station's "whiner line" at all hours, usually drunk, nowhere near politically correct, and rant and rave on all things Carolina, racing, and other miscellaneous topics. On at least one occasion, for example, he called upset over the local liquor stores being closed during an ice storm. Hilarious dude, who would "tap out" during football season when Carolina fell flat on their face, and talk trash about "the belt" (championship) during basketball season.

Here's some of his personal hits they ran in the days after he passed away.

Aww yeah. Enjoy reverting to the mean, Furdies!

It's gonna be interesting to see how this season finishes for them and how that affects their recruiting. They still pulled in a good class this past year so they aren't barren of talent yet. If they don't get a good class this year and the guys they do have continue to not improve then things could get ugly in a hurry.

Other than the financial ones?

Well it's not like the Alabama BOT has ever really set them up for success. They've been trying their hardest to make sure the program is perpetually in shambles. How do you make money as a young program that's stuck playing in the dump that is Legion Field? They've also vetoed coaching hires.

UCF had to get out of the Citrus Dump in downtown Orlando too. It was old and we weren't making money. On-campus stadium changed the face of this program.

Pick 'ems for the week:

(THU) Kansas State @ West Virginia by 5
(THU) North Carolina @ Duke by 7

Minnesota @ Nebraska by X
Boston College @ Florida State by X
Arizona @ Utah by X
Stanford @ California by X
Louisville @ Notre Dame by X
Wisconsin @ Iowa by X
Oklahoma State @ Baylor by X
Missouri @ Tennessee by X
USC @ UCLA by X
Fresno State @ Nevada by X

cashman

Banned
Pick 'ems for the week:

(THU) Kansas State @ West Virginia by 7
(THU) North Carolina @ Duke by 14
Minnesota @ Nebraska by 4
Boston College @ Florida State by 24
Arizona @ Utah by 4
Stanford @ California by 4 (you know what to do)
Louisville @ Notre Dame by 4
Wisconsin @ Iowa by 28
Oklahoma State @ Baylor by 35
Missouri @ Tennessee by 4
USC @ UCLA by 4
Fresno State @ Nevada by 4

(THU) Kansas State @ West Virginia by 4
(THU) North Carolina @ Duke by 10
Minnesota @ Nebraska by 7
Boston College @ Florida State by 17
Arizona @ Utah by 10
Stanford @ California by 4
Louisville @ Notre Dame by 10
Wisconsin @ Iowa by 24
Oklahoma State @ Baylor by 27
Missouri @ Tennessee by 7
USC @ UCLA by 13

pxleyes

Banned
-scratch-
(THU) North Carolina @ Duke by 7
Minnesota @ Nebraska by 7
Boston College @ Florida State by 21
Arizona @ Utah by 10
Stanford @ California by 4
Louisville @ Notre Dame by 7
Wisconsin @ Iowa by 21
Oklahoma State @ Baylor by 28
Missouri @ Tennessee by 7
USC @ UCLA by 10

What's that dude's name... David Pollack... He just said Florida State is sitting at home, watching this game, doesn't want to face chop blocks for 60 minutes in two weeks.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Duke gonna have to be able to score cause it looks like Carolina is ready to go for at least 21 each half. My UNC part of my family thought UNC would be ready to play cause the team is tired of Dook thinking they are suddenly relevant for all time.

Bro said if UNC wins he's buying ACC Champ tickets in the morning. I think I might go with him even if FSU will probably kick GT's ass.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
This is totally expected, what with UNC's players getting all that extra practice time from not having to go to class.

Hey look, another Carolina turnover deep in Duke territory. But is the Duke offense even interested in competing?

Edit: apparently not. Conservative calls taking it to halftime.

Vanillalite

It's official. Duke is terrible again.

At least you've come to terms with it.

0.jpg

cashman

Banned
Mississippi State just pulled QB recruit Chason Virgil's scholarship 16 days before he was set to graduate because he wouldn't gray shirt. He had been committed since May.

Vanillalite

Mississippi State just pulled QB recruit Chason Virgil's scholarship 16 days before he was set to graduate because he wouldn't gray shirt. He had been committed since May.

Miss State needs to remember this year isn't the norm and they need all the top recruits they can get. They aren't Bama who can be choosey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom