• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 13: This months reading assignment: No More Prisons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunar15

Saw this on twitter:

B2qs32vCAAADKKJ.png:large
https://twitter.com/RagjUF/status/534429625699807232

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
s467qUz.png

Heat map of College Game Day locations made by the Pac 12 Social Media Manager.

So the South and the Great Lakes area has 5-15 schools that have had years in the top 15 in the nation, while the PAC is either in LA or in Oregon.

Only ones that should gripe are Stanford and the BigXII (Going by their lackluster orange infection)

Apparently there was a push in the past to create a UF system of schools. UCF would have become University of Florida - Orlando. Or course UFO. Prefect for a space-grant university, I guess.

ag-my001

Baylor gets shit for playing 3 cupcakes non-conference, but we're giving A&M a pass for playing 4 cupcakes. Really all A&M has to do to become bowl eligible is to win 2 SEC games.
I'll just point out that A&M had a P5 opponent lined up for the next decade plus (Arky), then had to switch to a nine game conference schedule (thanks tu!), then to a new eight game schedule which included our OOC opponent already.

Yes, our OOC schedule has been wafer thin, I'm just hoping it'll step up as the next few holes are filled.

Gondo: wanna schedule a BigXII Classic?

I'll just point out that A&M had a P5 opponent lined up for the next decade plus (Arky), then had to switch to a nine game conference schedule (thanks tu!), then to a new eight game schedule which included our OOC opponent already.

Yes, our OOC schedule has been wafer thin, I'm just hoping it'll step up as the next few holes are filled.

Going from an 8 conference schedule to a 9 conference schedule didn't have to mean the P5's on your schedule were first on the chopping block. I think only Baylor and you guys did that.

What sort of mod abuse shenanigans happened to my title?

post 68

AntoneM

ASU and A&M next year at a "neutral field" in Houston.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
(THU) Kansas State by 12
(THU) Duke by 9
Nebraska by 5
Florida State by 17
Utah by 4
California by 60 (I know something)
Notre Dame by 12
Wisconsin by 23
Baylor by 27
Missouri by 12
UCLA by 7
Nevada by 17

How far back does this go?

Since 1993:

http://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/2mk7ro/heat_map_of_all_college_gameday_locations_since/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Locations_of_College_GameDay_(football)#Host_campuses

Ohio State 13
Florida 12
Florida State 11
Michigan 11
USC 10
LSU 10
Oregon 9
Alabama 9
Auburn 9
Notre Dame 8
Tennessee 8
Michigan State 7
Oklahoma 7
South Carolina 7
Miami (FL) 6
Nebraska 6
Texas 6
Virginia Tech 5
Wisconsin 5
Penn State 4
Oklahoma State 4
Texas A&M 4
Clemson 3
Air Force 3
Colorado 3

Lonestar

So basically the SEC has played catchup to the never ending OSU/Michigan/USC/Florida State visits of the 90's to the mid 2000's.

(THU) Kansas State @ West Virginia by 4
(THU) North Carolina @ Duke by 4
Minnesota @ Nebraska by 4
Boston College @ Florida State by 4
Arizona @ Utah by X
Stanford @ California by 4
Louisville @ Notre Dame by 4
Wisconsin @ Iowa by 4
Oklahoma State @ Baylor by 4
Missouri @ Tennessee by 4
USC @ UCLA by 4
Fresno State @ Nevada by 4

Enfinit

Pick 'ems for the week:

(THU) Kansas State @ West Virginia by 4
(THU) North Carolina @ Duke by 7
Minnesota @ Nebraska by 7
Boston College @ Florida State by 14
Arizona @ Utah by 4
Stanford @ California by 6
Louisville @ Notre Dame by 4
Wisconsin @ Iowa by 6
Oklahoma State @ Baylor by 17
Missouri @ Tennessee by 4
USC @ UCLA by 4
Fresno State @ Nevada by 12

(THU) Kansas State @ West Virginia by 25
(THU) North Carolina @ Duke by 25
Minnesota @ Nebraska by 4
Boston College @ Florida State by 4
Arizona @ Utah by 11
Stanford @ California by 22
Louisville @ Notre Dame by 8
Wisconsin @ Iowa by 17
Oklahoma State @ Baylor by 11
Missouri @ Tennessee by 11
USC @ UCLA by 15
Fresno State @ Nevada by 4

Piggus

Looks like we're probably getting back Andre Yruretagoyfghdojsdhgfsldgs (injured during the Michigan State game) and Ifo Ekpre-Olomu in time for Colorado. Not that we really need them for that game, but nice that our offensive line and secondary will be more robust for the Pac-12 CG and whatever comes after that.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
That seems to be the behavior of an attorney who doesn't believe in his client's innocence.
I don't fault the attorney on this at all; he's just doing his job and has to keep an eye on the big prize for Winston: limiting liability in the inevitable civil suit. I fault the University for enabling Winston to work this plan whereby he escapes their ability to levy any punishment, should he be found guilty of violating their student guidelines.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I don't get being angry over the 1 day delay. I get being angry over the initial delay to Dec 1st. Does that extra day have any actual effect?

I don't get being angry over the 1 day delay. I get being angry over the initial delay to Dec 1st. Does that extra day have any actual effect?

If it turns out to be the last time the day is moved, maybe not. Although when it comes to deadlines sometimes a day is all you need to push it over.

So basically the SEC has played catchup to the never ending OSU/Michigan/USC/Florida State visits of the 90's to the mid 2000's.

USC didn't even show up until 2004 which is kind of amazing. Someone on Reddit said they had to beg gameday to show up to a west coast school after UCLA fans basically no showed in 98.

Kevtones

Per SI: As far as matchups against other teams currently ranked in the Top-25 among the top teams in the poll, the breakdown is as follows:

No. 1 Florida State: 0-0

No. 2 Alabama: 1-1

No. 3 Oregon: 3-1

No. 4 Mississippi State: 1-1

No. 5 TCU: 2-1

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
The extra day was apparently just enough time to allow the judge's ruling to be handed down in the spring semester rather than the fall.

andycapps

I have a real bad feeling about Florida's coach decision. Not sure why, but the uncertainty is killing me.

I think I saw Greg Schiano in a list somewhere. This terrifies me.

I would be so happy if Florida fired Muschamp only to get Schiano. I'd keep in mind now that Foley is wanting to have someone hired by Christmas, meaning he's not wanting a coach that's either in the playoffs or expected to be in a BCS game.

Since 1993:

http://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/2mk7ro/heat_map_of_all_college_gameday_locations_since/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Locations_of_College_GameDay_(football)#Host_campuses

Ohio State 13
Florida 12
Florida State 11
Michigan 11
USC 10
LSU 10
Oregon 9
Alabama 9
Auburn 9
Notre Dame 8
Tennessee 8
Michigan State 7
Oklahoma 7
South Carolina 7
Miami (FL) 6
Nebraska 6
Texas 6
Virginia Tech 5
Wisconsin 5
Penn State 4
Oklahoma State 4
Texas A&M 4
Clemson 3
Air Force 3
Colorado 3

I was wondering why our numbers were so low, but from looking at that link it makes sense. Gameday was at the Cocktail party 3 times in that timeframe.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
I would be so happy if Florida fired Muschamp only to get Schiano. I'd keep in mind now that Foley is wanting to have someone hired by Christmas, meaning he's not wanting a coach that's either in the playoffs or expected to be in a BCS game.

I was wondering why our numbers were so low, but from looking at that link it makes sense. Gameday was at the Cocktail party 3 times in that timeframe.

Texas/OU has the same issue.

I think they've been on campus in Austin maybe 3-4 times vs. the Cotton Bowl constantly.

jjasper

The greatest thing about LSU meltdowns is that like 2 days later they start to think next year they are gonna be awesome. Back to Fournette being the next Peterson and that Harris is a top QB in the SEC.

Lonestar

The Tigainles

If anyone has artistic skills, that can draw up proper mascots for these authentic Auburn names, that would be much appreciated.

ag-my001

The extra day was apparently just enough time to allow the judge's ruling to be handed down in the spring semester rather than the fall.
My guess is the "within ten days" is to ensure speedy resolution for the accuser, not to allow things to drag on for the accused. Right now I'm living in the naive hope that whoever is presiding over the hearing hates all the bad press this whole situation is bringing to FSU and returns a ruling the next day, barring Winston from practice if not the game.

It's nice to dream, I guess.

andycapps

My guess is the "within ten days" is to ensure speedy resolution for the accuser, not to allow things to drag on for the accused. Right now I'm living in the naive hope that whoever is presiding over the hearing hates all the bad press this whole situation is bringing to FSU and returns a ruling the next day, barring Winston from practice if not the game.

It's nice to dream, I guess.

It's nice to want things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom