• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 13: This months reading assignment: No More Prisons

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Gus, can we get back to what's important here? The SEC is playing another dreamy 3rd weekend in November schedule this week. :)

It is too bad, since last week was so good

FyreWulff

I keep forgetting these threads restart. "why hasn't this popped up to the top of my subs yet?"

I see Neb is projected to play USC in the Holiday now.

andycapps

Richt is planning on watching the Mizzou/Tennessee game at home on Saturday in his pj's. Led to this anecdote.

@FletcherPage: "I've got a lot of PJs at my house. I appreciate those." -- Mark Richt

Kacar

I'm going to the Tennessee Mizzou game this weekend since it doesn't conflict with OSU and there aren't really any good games this weekend. And it might even be the best game of the weekend.

Hopefully it doesn't get too cold.

(THU) Kansas State @ West Virginia by 4
(THU) North Carolina @ Duke by 4
Minnesota @ Nebraska by 4
Boston College @ Florida State by 4
Arizona @ Utah by 4
Stanford @ California by 4
Louisville @ Notre Dame by 4
Wisconsin @ Iowa by 4
Oklahoma State @ Baylor by 4
Missouri @ Tennessee by 4
USC @ UCLA by 4
Fresno State @ Nevada by 4

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
My guess is the "within ten days" is to ensure speedy resolution for the accuser, not to allow things to drag on for the accused. Right now I'm living in the naive hope that whoever is presiding over the hearing hates all the bad press this whole situation is bringing to FSU and returns a ruling the next day, barring Winston from practice if not the game.

It's nice to dream, I guess.

Oh man, you think they want the truth to get out?

This is the school that sent a couple of campos to pick some kids up from Tallahassee PD and sweep that under the table till the NYT found out.

Schmitty

So what is everyone's spread of team representation at work?

Any trash talk going on? The past 2 Mondays have been harsh for Domers at my office.

Any trash talk going on? The past 2 Mondays have been harsh for Domers at my office.

Everybody in my local group (in an otherwise large office building) works remotely the majority of the week, and there's only one person that talks much in the way of sports when in the office. He and I seldom talk college football, I just rib him when the NFL Panthers lose (fortunately, they do that quite often).

AntoneM

So ASU can't get enough donors to remodel Sun Devil stadium so we had come up with a plan to basically sell off our campus golf course to developers over the next decade or so... but we can get a $32 million donation to start a D1 hockey program... WTF?!

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
So ASU can't get enough donors to remodel Sun Devil stadium so we had come up with a plan to basically sell off our campus golf course to developers over the next decade or so... but we can get a $32 million donation to start a D1 hockey program... WTF?!
I mean, you can't be pissed at the donor. His money, his choice.

There are a few USC alumni where I work but none of them seem particularly into football. A lot of the other people went to places like the Art Institute, SCAD or one of those tech diploma mills.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
I think there is a Rutgers fan and some guy who went to one of the Arizona schools.

Not one actually talks about CFB.

The Rutgers fan is somehow super into women's BB. I don't think Rutgers is even that good at it.

My last job had a mass ton of CFB guys.

People want D1 Hockey at Rutgers. Except the quote to get it started is in the neighborhood of $100 Million.

Wish construction was as cheap as it is out in Arizona.

Draconian

I think there is a Rutgers fan and some guy who went to one of the Arizona schools.

Not one actually talks about CFB.

The Rutgers fan is somehow super into women's BB. I don't think Rutgers is even that good at it.

My last job had a mass ton of CFB guys.

Didn't Rutgers use to be really good at women's BB? I know their coach has won a ton of games.

Small office so there is a Gata fan that didn't actually attend and an TAMU alum. The rest really don't care or went to schools without FB programs.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
No issues with Bama at 1. Looked like complete shit playing LSU but there are higher powers at work there.

If the committee were choosing just two teams for a mnc game, i think we would be number 2. But they know they can put us 3 with almost no rrepercussions so they do it knowing it is sort of silly.

So mre was a false prophet and we shot up to #1 after all.

Mre was playing devils advocate for some reason, but he knew Bama would be 1 just like all of us.

Real question is will miss. St drop out if Alabama beats auburn and wins the sec w.

No issues with Bama at 1. Looked like complete shit playing LSU but there are higher powers at work there.
I think God loves Jameis Winston's FSU team more than any other team. God looks down on FSU every freakin game

Why would they though?

If they win out, they will have beaten a #8 Ole Miss team on the road (assuming that Ole Miss beats Arky). Who else around them has a comparable game remaining?
tOSU will play a champ game and will have 1 more win than miss st
why is Clemson still there lol

also for fun:
SEC, Pac 12: 6
Big 10: 5
Big 12, ACC: 4
Going by % of conference, PAC 12 has the most and ACC has the least percentage

Slo

Poor Gophers, even an FCS team nearby has had Gameday.

I ain't even mad.

icecream.0.gif

Draconian

tOSU will play a champ game and will have 1 more win than miss st

Ok, and they'd play against Wisconsin who sits at #16. I don't think the committee is going to care about whether or not it's a championship game and look more at who they are playing. This combined with comparing their losses leads me to believe that they're not going to move Miss St down at all should they win out.

Piggus

Coming soon: phase 2 of The Prophecy aka SEC locked out of the playoff:

Alabama loses the Iron Bowl
Mississippi State loses the Egg Bowl

Believe

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Full list:

1. Alabama
2. Oregon
3. FSU
4. Mississippi State