• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 14: Brought to you by the letter I: Incidental and Insignificant

Status
Not open for further replies.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I completely forgot to make my picks last week.

FRI) Nebraska @ Iowa by 7
(FRI) Arkansas @ Missouri by 4
(FRI) Arizona State @ Arizona by 7
(FRI) Stanford @ UCLA by 10
Chop Block U @ Georgia by 17
South Carolina @ Clemson by 4
Mississippi State @ Ole Miss by 4
Florida @ Florida State by 7
Minnesota @ Wisconsin by 7
Notre Dame @ USC by 4
Auburn @ Alabama by 10

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Sounds like Clemson OC chad Morris is the new smu head coach

That seems really weird. He seems like he could skip the garbage programs.

I wouldn't be too excited if I were SMU. Pretty much a no win situation for them. He will either continue the dumpster fire or start turning it around and immediately be picked up by a bigger program.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
So does Clemson go ahead and fire Dabo or wait for him to have several shitty seasons in a row?

I wouldn't be too excited if I were SMU. Pretty much a no win situation for them. He will either continue the dumpster fire or start turning it around and immediately be picked up by a bigger program.

Yeah, he always has said he wouldn't leave unless it was for a big program. I guess he wants to get back to Texas and hope this springs him up into the A&M program if Sumlin leaves/gets canned.

So does Clemson go ahead and fire Dabo or wait for him to have several shitty seasons in a row?

His last two coordinator hires have been home runs, so I'd wait to see who he replaces Morris with before calling for his head.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member

SMU is a school that seems primed for a really quick turnaround, 8 wins, 7 wins, 8 wins, 7 wins, 5 wins, then the dumpster fire of this year. I don't know much about what they return next season but that's a team with the talent available to potentially make a bowl next season no matter the garbage they're putting on the field this season (look at Auburn's 3 win season sandwiched between 8 wins and 12 wins, for example). Plus, it gets him back to Texas, where he grew up, went to college, and spent his first 16 years coaching, and early reports are that he's going to be getting a Power 5 level contract (something like the $3 million per season range). Like I said in my previous post, I don't think he takes a job at the same level as SMU if the job is in any other state.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if he gets them to a bowl game next season and parlays that into a bigger job after only one season in Dallas.

If nothing else, his buyout for SMU may even be lower than what it was at Clemson. I know when he was a finalist for the Tech job last season his massive buyout was a big issue (bigger than even a lot of head coach's buyouts are IIRC). I think SMU will be paying something close to a $4 million buyout to get him.

Jhriad

(FRI) Nebraska @ Iowa by 4
(FRI) Arkansas @ Missouri by 11
(FRI) Arizona State @ Arizona by 4
(FRI) Stanford @ UCLA by 6

3 years ago today was when urbz signed on to be coach here

So what you're saying is, you've got another two years before he collapses entirely and retires for health reasons.

SMU is a school that seems primed for a really quick turnaround, 8 wins, 7 wins, 8 wins, 7 wins, 5 wins, then the dumpster fire of this year. I don't know much about what they return next season but that's a team with the talent available to potentially make a bowl next season no matter the garbage they're putting on the field this season (look at Auburn's 3 win season sandwiched between 8 wins and 12 wins, for example). Plus, it gets him back to Texas, where he grew up, went to college, and spent his first 16 years coaching, and early reports are that he's going to be getting a Power 5 level contract (something like the $3 million per season range). Like I said in my previous post, I don't think he takes a job at the same level as SMU if the job is in any other state.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if he gets them to a bowl game next season and parlays that into a bigger job after only one season in Dallas.

If nothing else, his buyout for SMU may even be lower than what it was at Clemson. I know when he was a finalist for the Tech job last season his massive buyout was a big issue (bigger than even a lot of head coach's buyouts are IIRC). I think SMU will be paying something close to a $4 million buyout to get him.
SMU definitely can be good. Issue is June Jones basically checked out a year or two ago after he tried for the Arizona job... Or was it Arizona St. Wherever DickRod is coaching now.

Pimpwerx

Time for the annual tune up game before we wreck FSU. UCF is gonna...is gonna...is probably gonna embarrass us huh? Why do I feel like I already know the answer to that question? :( Go Gators. PEACE.

Edit: WTF? Today is only Friday. LOL. And this week is FSU. Oh we're fucked for sure.

(FRI) Nebraska @ Iowa by 7
(FRI) Arkansas @ Missouri by 4
(FRI) Arizona State @ Arizona by 9
(FRI) Stanford @ UCLA by 7
Georgia Tech@ Georgia by 11
South Carolina @ Clemson by 9
Mississippi State @ Ole Miss by 7
Florida @ Florida State by 9
Minnesota @ Wisconsin bu4
Notre Dame @ USC by7
Auburn @ Alabama by 17

mre

Time for the annual tune up game before we wreck FSU. UCF is gonna...is gonna...is probably gonna embarrass us huh? Why do I feel like I already know the answer to that question? :( Go Gators. PEACE.

Edit: WTF? Today is only Friday. LOL. And this week is FSU. Oh we're fucked for sure.
Been getting into the eggnog a little early this year, have we?

Wat? UCF doesn't play UF at all and hasn't since 2006.

mre

Marshall down 14 within the first 5 minutes? Hope they liked being ranked.

And then you have the Nebraska-Iowa game where Iowa is turning it over like crazy and Nebraska is completely inept on offense. Le sigh >:|

49 points and there's still 2.5 minutes left. Jesus. :jnc

Yeah... wtf. You know how they say 'Team A didn't win, Team B lost'? Seems like both teams are simultaneously losing.

Marshall was eventually going to get caught. I thought it would be UAB, but WKU is also a (relatively) tough match.

There has been a fourth down in the Marshall WKU game. I repeat, there has finally been a fourth down in the Marshall WKU game.

EDIT: lol, I'm not watching this shit. Going to watch college basketball.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
There has been a fourth down in the Marshall WKU game. I repeat, there has finally been a fourth down in the Marshall WKU game.

EDIT: lol, I'm not watching this shit. Going to watch college basketball.

That didn't take long to abandon your team.

How does Marshall have 21 points and also 4 interception with 13 minutes left in the 2nd quarter?

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
not even mad with the way Nebraska is playing so far. I can't expect much out of this team and the defense has been extremely solid. Kirk Ferentz is the only coach in the Big Ten who hasn't figured out how to run the Jet sweep against us! Lol

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Currently the low for tomorrow in Pullman is 15 degrees. It's going to be the coldest Apple Cup I've ever been to. Any of the UW fans on here going?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom