• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 15: Championship Week - Cool as Nacho Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
In McElwain's 4 years at Bama, they averaged 33 ppg which would be tied for 42nd in scoring offense in 2014. Is that good enough for you Gatas?
He also had John Parker Wilson and Greg McElroy as his quarterbacks...

If I was CSU I would have made Florida agree to a 1 game series to be played in Colorado. :p

Jhriad

Why would Dan Mullen leave an up and coming 2nd tier SEC school for a downward trending 2nd tier B1G school? Aside from money of course.

How is practically the same record for 7 years straight downward trending? We fired Pelini because we were stagnant not because we were actually getting worse. I'd comment on the bit about Nebraska being a second tier school but everyone here is smart enough to recognize the ridiculousness of that statement so there's no need.

Also, Money:

547d4dc023813image.jpg

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
How is practically the same record for 7 years straight downward trending? We fired Pelini because we were stagnant not because we were actually getting worse. I'd comment on the bit about Nebraska being a second tier school but everyone here is smart enough to recognize the ridiculousness of that statement so there's no need.

Also, Money:

547d4dc023813image.jpg
Jesus, Auburn fan. Find some respect and buy a damned ticket to a game or something.

Also, Money:

547d4dc023813image.jpg

you have the link to where this came from? Just curious.

Meier

Stewart Mandel ‏@slmandel 5 minutes ago
Per UF's official release, McElwain will pay $2M of the buyout himself. So UF is on the hook for $3M cash, $2M guarantee game.

Meier

Just came to post the Riley thing too. Wow, that was out of nowhere. Kudos to Nebraska for the secrecy.. but not entirely sold on the hire. I understand there's a bit of a ceiling at Oregon State, but coming off a 5-7 year which followed a 7-6 year.. huh.

From Feldman just now:

Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB 44 seconds ago
Heard #Nebraska was determined to hire a "really good guy who ppl in the community would like" well, Mike Riley is that. Otherwise, stunning

KingGondo

Banned
Surprising hire by Nebraska.

2010 5 7
2011 3 9
2012 9 4
2013 7 6
2014 5 7

Not the best record over the last 5 years, even if he is well-respected and "underrated."

Just came to post the Riley thing too. Wow, that was out of nowhere. Kudos to Nebraska for the secrecy.. but not entirely sold on the hire. I understand there's a bit of a ceiling at Oregon State, but coming off a 5-7 year which followed a 7-6 year.. huh.

Feeling the same way. There's really no evidence or proof he could perform better than what Nebraska's been producing for the last few years.

Jhriad

Saw that, just wanted to see if there was an article on it

It was in one of the recent articles from The Omaha World Herald. I'll see if I can't find it for you sometime today.

Mike Riley is the new coach of Nebraska according to Schefter

Nebraska announces former Oregon St HC Mike Riley as its new HC.

Beaten!

Wait... who? Is it time to fire Shawn Eichorst already? This hire is very confusing.

Surprising hire by Nebraska.

2010 5 7
2011 3 9
2012 9 4
2013 7 6
2014 5 7

Not the best record over the last 5 years, even if he is well-respected and "underrated."

bundle it with this stat:

@BradenGall: Nebraska's last 5 recruiting classes: 35th, 22nd, 30th, 17th, 26th. Oregon State's: 61st, 45th, 44th, 43rd, 46th. FWIW.

for what it is worth at least Mark Riley wins at least one big game a year, that alone is an improvement over the outgoing staff.

Meier

Haha jstevenson with a funny RT..

Tunnel Walk of Shame ‏@TunnelWalkShame 5 minutes ago
If that motherfucker is 61 then he is drinking unicorn blood and I therefore think we couldn't have made a stronger hire.

This is from 2014.. dude does look pretty good for his age. I would have guessed he was in his 40s.

200px-MikeRiley.jpg

Jhriad

If that motherfucker is 61 then he is drinking unicorn blood and I therefore think we couldn't have made a stronger hire.

This is from 2014.. dude does look pretty good for his age. I would have guessed he was in his 40s.

200px-MikeRiley.jpg

That guy's 61?! Someone get a hold of his dietary regimen stat so I can copy it. If he is indeed that old I wonder if we might see a Scott Frost hire as the OC and make Frost the HC in waiting.

Limedust

Well... Alabama offered Mike Riley the HC job back when Price was fired. He didn't accept, and we got Shula instead.

santeesioux

Oregon State seemed like it was getting stale, hopefully they can change things up now because i'm not sure they would have fired him otherwise.

Lunar15

Who does Florida have as their QB's going into next season?

We don't really know, it's going to be up to McElwain. Driskel is eligable for another year, but he's already talking about transferring. That leaves Treon, the redshirt Will Grier, and some possible superstar freshman that randomly shows up and gets to play for whatever reason.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
We don't really know, it's going to be up to McElwain. Driskel is eligable for another year, but he's already talking about transferring. That leaves Treon, the redshirt Will Grier, and some possible superstar freshman that randomly shows up and gets to play for whatever reason.

Ya'll can get in on the Braxton Miller Rumor Express.

Hmm, Mike Riley...

The PAC 1210 is finally safe from Mike Riley.

Mike Riley -_-

I hope this doesn't result in mediocrity. I'll wait to see the staff as well, but I'm pretty fucking skeptical, let's just say that.

Kacar

That guy's 61?! Someone get a hold of his dietary regimen stat so I can copy it. If he is indeed that old I wonder if we might see a Scott Frost hire as the OC and make Frost the HC in waiting.

200px-MikeRiley.jpg

To be fair on his age I'm pretty sure he is 100% bald on the top and his hat helps alot.

cdyhybrid

Wow, never thought Riley would leave OSU.

At least Nebraska will be able to beat USC if they ever end up playing each other.

Piggus

Mike Riley -_-

I hope this doesn't result in mediocrity. I'll wait to see the staff as well, but I'm pretty fucking skeptical, let's just say that.

He's a great coach, but a great coach can only do so much with a weak team. With Nebraska's better recruiting I think he'll be successful. But I guess we'll see.

And he's such a nice guy!™

ryseing

1) LOL Nebraska. Riley ain't bringing back the 90's.

2) CSU got screwed. UF's portion is coming over six years, and McElwain himself is on the hook for 2 mil. Didn't even get a home game out of the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom