• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 15: Championship Week - Cool as Nacho Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
B35xuLcCAAIFimQ.jpg

Appears that Foley has been stuck inside the McElwain Compound for 18 hours. Police Negotiators are having no luck, and have called in McBane.

I did pretty darn well last week, very happy with getting the MoV bonus on 5 of my 8 correct picks.

GAF Pick'em Week 15 Games
(THU) UCF @ East Carolina by 4
(FRI) Bowling Green vs N Illinois by 6
(FRI) Arizona vs Oregon by 7
Louisiana Tech vs Marshall by 12
Houston @ Cincinnati by 7
Iowa State @ TCU by 24
Oklahoma State @ Oklahoma by 14
Alabama vs Missouri by 14
Kansas State @ Baylor by 4
Florida State vs Georgia Tech by 4
Wisconsin vs Ohio State by 4
Fresno State @ Boise State by 17

AntoneM

(FRI) Arizona vs Oregon by 12
Louisiana Tech vs Marshall by 12
Houston @ Cincinnati by 6
Iowa State @ TCU by 22
Oklahoma State @ Oklahoma by 4
Alabama vs Missouri by 4
Fresno State @ Boise State by 4

(THU) UCF @ East Carolina by 20
(FRI) Bowling Green vs N Illinois by 14
(FRI) Arizona vs Oregon by 14
Louisiana Tech vs Marshall by 26
Houston @ Cincinnati by 10
Iowa State @ TCU by 14
Oklahoma State @ Oklahoma by 18
Florida State vs Georgia Tech by 7
Fresno State @ Boise State by 8

Enfinit

(THU) UCF @ East Carolina by 7
(FRI) Bowling Green vs N Illinois by 7
(FRI) Arizona vs Oregon by 10
Louisiana Tech vs Marshall by 10
Houston @ Cincinnati by 4
Iowa State @ TCU by 14
Oklahoma State @ Oklahoma by 12
Alabama vs Missouri by 10
Kansas State @ Baylor by 10
Fresno State @ Boise State by 14

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
The one thing I can't take away from Bo is that he ran a tight, clean program and recruited some good players who were also men of character. I won't even try to take that away. I still think this is the right move, but I still (will probably continue to have) have a bit of a soft spot for the man.

He ran a tight ship by being a total and complete ahole who screamed at everyone.

Jhriad

He ran a tight ship by being a total and complete ahole who screamed at everyone.

From all we've heard from players and folks around the program in the know his personality during games was far more abrasive than his normal personality. For all his faults his players seemed to genuinely love the guy and he was pretty likable when the cameras weren't rolling.

Draxal

The one thing I can't take away from Bo is that he ran a tight, clean program and recruited some good players who were also men of character. I won't even try to take that away. I still think this is the right move, but I still (will probably continue to have) have a bit of a soft spot for the man.

This isn't what I'm hearing btw, remember why Carl got fired from FAU for.

Lunar15

McElwaine at least has head coaching experience. Here's what he did at CSU:

So he's at least turned around a program. Which is more than you could say about Muschamp.

Hey, I agree with you on the last part. Not trying to say that I'd want Muschamp over McElwain.

He definitely did quick work with Colorado State, which is what we need right now. I think I was leaning more towards Holliday due to his strong Florida recruiting ties, but he's defensively minded.

What we need right now is a guy who can raise a QB, which McElwain did at Alabama. McElroy and McCarron weren't ever transcendent, but they sure won a lot and didn't make mistakes.

Draxal

Hey, I agree with you on the last part. Not trying to say that I'd want Muschamp over McElwaine.

He definitely did quick work with Colorado State, which is what we need right now. I think I was leaning more towards Holliday due to his strong Florida recruiting ties, but he's defensively minded.

You could hire anybody from this board and still be able to recruit the state of Florida to Gainesville.

Lunar15

You could hire anybody from this board and still be able to recruit the state of Florida to Gainesville.

Yeah, but Holliday got something like 12 decent recruits out of Florida to come to Marshall. He was responsible for recruiting some of our best during the Meyer years.

(THU) UCF @ East Carolina by 3
(FRI) Bowling Green vs N Illinois by 3
(FRI) Arizona vs Oregon by 3
Louisiana Tech vs Marshall by 3
Houston @ Cincinnati by 3
Iowa State @ TCU by 3
Oklahoma State @ Oklahoma by 3
Alabama vs Missouri by 3
Kansas State @ Baylor by 3
Florida State vs Georgia Tech by 3
Wisconsin vs Ohio State by 3
Fresno State @ Boise State by 3

(FRI) Bowling Green vs N Illinois by 4
(FRI) Arizona vs Oregon by 11
Louisiana Tech vs Marshall by 7
Houston @ Cincinnati by 4
Iowa State @ TCU by 11
Oklahoma State @ Oklahoma by 7
Florida State vs Georgia Tech by 3
Wisconsin vs Ohio State by 7
Fresno State @ Boise State by 6

Enron

Banned
"Maybe we'll be better next year." - Every Georgia fan every year

In seriousness, I do expect our defense to be better next year. I think Pruitt needs to revisit his strategy last offseason of wanting his defense to slim down and be faster. We got manhandled in all of our losses this year on the DL. Maybe he needs to focus on making everyone slimmer except for his DL. We are getting some good DB's in this offseason and a monster nose tackle in Trenton Thompson, both those things will help our defense this offseason. QB play could be improved in stats, but decision making may take a step back with either Brice Ramsey or Jacob Park winning the job next year. Ramsey would be considered the front runner but people have been very impressed with Park as the scout team QB this year saying that he reminds them of Kaepernick. Big kid able to keep plays alive and run, but has a cannon. Could be an interesting QB competition. We're losing the reliable Bennett and Conley at receiver, Mitchell may or may not go pro (I think he stays). Receiver will be something we'll have to see who steps up. RB we'll be fine. Pecking order should be Chubb, Michel, and Marshall.

This might as well be a form letter with blanks for names. It's the same thing every year. Nothing will change until Richt's stupid ass is out of here.

I wish the same could be said about Texas kids going to Austin. Right now for the 2015 class, the Rivals 100 list has 11 kids from the state of Texas on the list, and ZERO are committed to the University of Texas

https://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-3402

We have 2 commits on the list total...one from Florida and one from New Mexico

(THU) UCF @ East Carolina by 8
(FRI) Arizona vs Oregon by 9
Louisiana Tech vs Marshall by 9
Houston @ Cincinnati by 5
Iowa State @ TCU by 4
Oklahoma State @ Oklahoma by 4
Alabama vs Missouri by 8
Kansas State @ Baylor by 6
Florida State vs Georgia Tech by 7
Wisconsin vs Ohio State by 15
Fresno State @ Boise State by 4

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Yeah, but Holliday got something like 12 decent recruits out of Florida to come to Marshall. He was responsible for recruiting some of our best during the Meyer years.

247 sports has a decently deep list of coaches and who they recruited for each year. McElwain only has 4 listed, which I know is wrong, but 2 of them were AJ McCarron (Mobile, AL) and HaHa Clinton-Dix (Florida). Rivals states that he also recruited Jesse Williams (the big Australian JUCO NT) and Dee Hart (was a 5 star RB out of Michigan, tore both of his ACL's, and never did much at Alabama, but transfer to CSU with McElwain and was a big part of their success this year)

ryan-ts

247 sports has a decently deep list of coaches and who they recruited for each year. McElwain only has 4 listed, which I know is wrong, but 2 of them were AJ McCarron (Mobile, AL) and HaHa Clinton-Dix (Florida). Rivals states that he also recruited Jesse Williams (the big Australian JUCO NT) and Dee Hart (was a 5 star RB out of Michigan, tore both of his ACL's, and never did much at Alabama, but transfer to CSU with McElwain and was a big part of their success this year)

Dee Hart is from Florida. He was committed to Michigan before RichRod was fired.

Throwing out the usual joke suggestions like Harbaugh, Gruden, Dungy, Chip Kelly etc who else could Florida have even tried to get that would be considered a great hire? At least with McElwaine you're getting a guy who has had success with lesser resources, instead of someone who is getting by on an inflated reputation as a coordinator like a Charlie Weiss/Lane Kiffin/Steve Sarkisian.

Draxal

Throwing out the usual joke suggestions like Harbaugh, Gruden, Dungy, Chip Kelly etc who else could Florida have even tried to get that would be considered a great hire? At least with McElwaine you're getting a guy who has had success with lesser resources, instead of someone who is getting by on an inflated reputation as a coordinator like a Charlie Weiss/Lane Kiffin/Steve Sarkisian.

I think its a really strong hire.

Lunar15

Oh yeah, I think it has the potential to be a solid choice, at least based on what's out there. I haven't seen anyone complaining too much about McElwain yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom