• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 15: Championship Week - Cool as Nacho Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
also aren't most bowls a money sink for the actual universities? lol

edit: and from the link above the garbage bowls don't even outdraw relatively average regular season games, so....

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I'd be for eliminating the bowls entirely, the profit machine behind them is even more disgusting than the NCAA.
Except the kids seem to really enjoy them* plus the bowl swag they get, so I'm not sure why you'd want to do that.

*not sure if anyone enjoys the bowl game in fucking Boise.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Seems to be some rumblings that we're going to be hiring David Gibbs (DC at Houston) to be our defensive coordinator. I would assume that's really co-DC, as I can't imagine a world where we get rid of Mike Smith. I'm curious which assistants will be let go, as I also can't imagine he'd take the job without getting to choose ANY of his assistants. I think Kevin Curtis and Trey Haverty would be safe, not only for the relationships with Kingsbury and Mike Smith (all Tech alumni that played together) but because they're probably our two best recruiters.

Still not nearly final AFAIK, of course.

There are 80 bowl eligible teams and only 76 slots. So a few schools will be getting left out.

Schools getting left out wouldn't be a new thing, happens basically every season, but a P5 school getting left out isn't common at all.

Last season there were apparently 9 teams with 6 wins that didn't go bowling, but there were from the MAC (2 teams), Mountain West (1), Conference USA (1), and Sun Belt (5).

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I hate that everyone is on the GT bandwagon because we are the last shot at the Criminoles before the playoffs begin.

Don't like the extra dap, pressure, or picking us to win. I think GT does better flying under the radar.

I also feel like if GT loses even close they'll get extra flack even though FSU has beaten everyone else they've played for 2 seasons now.

I'm ready for the chance though.

andycapps

I hate that everyone is on the GT bandwagon because we are the last shot at the Criminoles before the playoffs begin.

Don't like the extra dap, pressure, or picking us to win. I think GT does better flying under the radar.

I also feel like if GT loses even close they'll get extra flack even though FSU has beaten everyone else they've played for 2 seasons now.

I'm ready for the chance though.

I'm not on the bandwagon, even though I'd like to see FSU lose. FSU has survived this long, I think they survive another game.

We need more bowls, obviously.

Maybe for those unfortunate teams that were bowl eligible without being selected should at least be granted the opportunity to get in a few extra weeks of practice. Even if it leads up to nothing more than an open scrimmage at the practice field. Those practices are valuable.

cashman

Banned
GAF Pick'em Week 15 Games
(THU) UCF @ East Carolina by 4

(FRI) Bowling Green vs N Illinois by 4
(FRI) Arizona vs Oregon by 14
Louisiana Tech vs Marshall by 4
Houston @ Cincinnati by 4
Iowa State @ TCU by 34
Oklahoma State @ Oklahoma by 20
Alabama vs Missouri by 6
Kansas State @ Baylor by 4
Florida State vs Georgia Tech by 4
Wisconsin vs Ohio State by 4
Fresno State @ Boise State by 7

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

dubc35

Petros Papadakis is on Fox national now? Nice! Always liked him as a guest on the local sports radio station.

bYf86du.jpg

Kacar

Damn passing up the 42 harder. How is Oregon's kicker? he looked good on the first 2, although they were chip shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom