• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 15: Championship Week - Cool as Nacho Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerd

I don't really know how the pick'em works, but why does everyone seem to be picking the Alabama/Mizzou game to be relatively close? I'd honestly be really surprised/pleased if it was a less than 20 point Bama win.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Chad Johnson ✔ @ochocinco
Follow
Can I be the head coach at Michigan...

approved

B3yIcK_CEAA0VM-.jpg

This looks like it should be a NCAA violation

xeris

(THU) UCF @ East Carolina by 3
(FRI) Bowling Green vs N Illinois by 4
(FRI) Arizona vs Oregon by 7
Louisiana Tech vs Marshall by 6
Houston @ Cincinnati by 4
Iowa State @ TCU by 17
Oklahoma State @ Oklahoma by 9
Alabama vs Missouri by 7
Kansas State @ Baylor by 6
Florida State vs Georgia Tech by 4
Wisconsin vs Ohio State by 6
Fresno State @ Boise State by 7

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
I don't really know how the pick'em works, but why does everyone seem to be picking the Alabama/Mizzou game to be relatively close? I'd honestly be really surprised/pleased if it was a less than 20 point Bama win.

My understanding is you get one point for calling the victor, and a bonus point if you call the score difference within 3 points.

Lonestar

28 Straight ‏@bradleySFR 12m12 minutes ago
Jeremy Foley is at Jim McElwain's front door like....
B34tZrWCUAEkZ2v.jpg

Ryan Nanni ‏@celebrityhottub 14m14 minutes ago
Maybe Jeremy Foley is just feeding Jim McElwain’s cats while he’s on vacation.

SPENCER HALL ‏@edsbs 2m2 minutes ago
[/peers in McElwain's windows]

"are they kissing"

B34rMd3CEAASOrc.jpg

actual image of Foley's white rental bronco at Mac's house

(THU) UCF @ East Carolina by 7
(FRI) Bowling Green vs N Illinois by 14
(FRI) Arizona vs Oregon by 10
Louisiana Tech vs Marshall by 7
Houston @ Cincinnati by 7
Iowa State @ TCU by 21
Oklahoma State @ Oklahoma by 20
Alabama vs Missouri by 14
Kansas State @ Baylor by 6
Florida State vs Georgia Tech by 4
Wisconsin vs Ohio State by 10
Fresno State @ Boise State by 21

Lololololol urban Meyer didn't win coach of the year in the b1g. Jerry kill did, man what a good job he did taking a 8-4 team and making them....8-4.

Fucking joke

Can your AD deal with Harbaugh being a raging asshole? He's not getting run out of SF because he's a bad coach.

Does Harbaugh actually want to go back to recruiting again? That's the biggest reason you don't see NFL coaches go to college, most of them don't want to recruit and from what I hear these days Head Coaches actually have to do recruiting.

I don't see it. He seems to like the TV thing. I think he'd sooner go back to the NFL if the right job opened up.

Yeah, this is why I laugh at all the Cowher/Gruden/Dungy rumors. Those guys haven't coached in YEARS and they probably enjoy not feeling like death on a day to day basis.

Lonestar

Lololololol urban Meyer didn't win coach of the year in the b1g. Jerry kill did, man what a good job he did taking a 8-4 team and making them....8-4.

Fucking joke

don't worry, odds are they'll give the SEC's award to Pinkel, a coach who lost to the doormat of the B1G.

Ohio state head coach hasn't won since like 1976. Tressel wins a fucking national title and doesn't get it.

Gj taking that 8-4 team to the exact same record while returning nearly every starter.

Urban wins 3 straight regular season big titles, replaces Braxton, and Hyde and 4 new offensive linemen gets snubbed.

Fucking joke

Coach of the year isn't based on record. It's based on pre-season expectations compared to your record. They should have given it to Bo Pelini, because that would have been fucking hilarious.

Coach of the year isn't based on record. It's based on pre-season expectations compared to your record. They should have given it to Bo Pelini, because that would have been fucking hilarious.

You mean preseason when the same voters picked Michigan st to win the east? Then we go to sparty and crush them and exceed the writers/voters expectations by sweeping the east?

Draconian

You mean preseason when the same voters picked Michigan st to win the east? Then we go to sparty and crush them and exceed the writers/voters expectations by sweeping the east?

I think you're more upset about it than Urban is. Who cares about an ultimately meaningless award?

Lonestar

Saban won in 2008 and 2009. So, after beating Texas, theres nothing he could do to get that award again.

2010 Spurrier (who got blasted by Cam Newton after beating Alabama earlier in the year), 2011 Les Miles (who lost the repeat heard round the world), 2012 Kevin Sumlin (who finished 3rd in the West after Manziel singlehandedly beat Alabama) and 2013 Gus Malzahn (who singlehandedly designed the kick 6) have won it since.

I can sense no pattern from this.

----
On McElwain
quote:
Glendale Community College tight end Evan Faunce was looking forward to visiting Colorado State in the near future.

"The TE coach says that the HC is taking the Florida job," Jay Faunce said. "Said they will talk to Evan about Florida when it's official."

Faunce also met with Texas San-Antonio head coach Larry Coker, Tuesday.

Lonestar

I mean, I'm all for FSU at 4 (or out). FSU or OSUn at 4 is a game I'm decently confident at Alabama winning. Oregon/TCU/Baylor, it's on that Auburn scale. I don't know what the hell might happen.

Might want to start thinking that "money" is creeping into the minds of the committee. FSU/Alabama in the Sugar Bowl. That's a shitload of money. Oregon/TCU is the Offense bowl out west where they like it.

I mean, I'm all for FSU at 4 (or out). FSU or OSUn at 4 is a game I'm decently confident at Alabama winning. Oregon/TCU/Baylor, it's on that Auburn scale. I don't know what the hell might happen.

Might want to start thinking that "money" is creeping into the minds of the committee. FSU/Alabama in the Sugar Bowl. That's a shitload of money. Oregon/TCU is the Offense bowl out west where they like it.
If they wanted a money bowl, the latest rankings would have OSU in and facing Alabama, Oregon would be facing FSU. This week that isn't the case. We'll see.

Seriously, money and TCU? lol.

Lonestar

Well, FSU and Alabama are diving distance to New Orleans. The whole Region is loaded with fans of both schools.

Shits gonna get rekt soon.

cdyhybrid

That's really stupid, I don't see how you jump them over FSU.

They beat B1G coach of the year Jerry Kill and the up and coming Minnesota Golden Gophers.

Does the committee get some kind of performance bonus based on how well the bowl games do?

And if not, why would they give a shit.

Would hookers and blow under the table from bowl organizers count as a performance bonus?

The committee could create a 6 or 8-team playoff NEXT YEAR if they make the right choices. With great power comes great responsibility.

Piggus

Here we go talking about the money again... Lol

I agree with putting FSU at 4, though I hope they move up to 3 again. Would rather we play them than TCU tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom