• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 15: Championship Week - Cool as Nacho Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
There's literally no reason for TCU to ne in the conversation anymore. They've beaten soon to be 1 top 25 team. It's Baylor or Ohio State.

Measley

The top 5 rankings are going to be exactly the same tomorrow. Just watch. tOSU is going to get shut out of the top 4.

Draxal

B4OYqlrCAAAluwn.jpg:large

One true champion was the biggest buttfumble this year.

sooo, in the alternate universe where a Big XII CCG exists, and there's a playoff contender in either TCU/Baylor, is Ohio State still clearly the 4th team selected?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I hope we do move to 3. 1 because fuck TCU and 2 I live 5 hours from Pasadena so we would have a chance Of actually going to see us get destroyed by Oregon.

Draxal

sooo, in the alternate universe where Big XII CCG exists, and there's a clear playoff contender in either TCU/Baylor, is Ohio State still clearly the 4th team selected?

Depends on what two teams the B12 invited and how they split up divisions.

Baylor/TCU would most likely be in the same div so they would have at least one clear champion.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
The top 5 rankings are going to be exactly the same tomorrow. Just watch. tOSU is going to get shut out of the top 4.
This isn't the bcs. The morons in the ap/harris/coaches aren't there to leave teams where they are just because they win. The committee has shown they will move teams around on a week to week basis and they will.

Measley

This isn't the bcs. The morons in the ap/harris/coaches aren't there to leave teams where they are just because they win. The committee has shown they will move teams around on a week to week basis and they will.

Fox Sports is predicting tOSU in the top 4. So I hope you're right man.

inm8num2

It's hard to imagine an undefeated FSU being left out.

Who knows. I wish we had an 8-team playoff:

Bama
Oregon
FSU
TCU
OSU
Baylor
Mich St
Miss St

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Yeah, but every other week means shit. Does the committee have the balls to move teams around THIS week is the question.

Draconian

Should be fun tomorrow. The committee has left themselves no room not to tick off two fanbases for various reasons, and seriously who knows who they'll actually end up picking.

Cloudy

Banned
Is there any website the tracks what the BCS computers would've done with these rankings? I feel even Florida State at 4 is kind of disrespectful

Cloudy

Banned
Should be fun tomorrow. The committee has left themselves no room not to tick off two fanbases for various reasons, and seriously who knows who they'll actually end up picking.

They assumed FSU would lose and put them at 4 to justify excluding them. It's blown up in their faces now

Alcibiades

My own preference would be to see both TCU and Baylor make it (as I am a fan of both teams and hate Winston and Fisher).

That said, taking off the field stuff out of the picture, Florida State deserves a spot due to staying unbeaten, even against an mediocre opponents and keeping it close. They remind me of the Ohio State back in 2001 or 2002 that won nail-biter after nail-biter.

Beyond that, no one team did what was asked of them, and the other three chosen should be grateful they get an opportunity. Everyone had a chance and stumbled at one point or another.

Baylor and Ohio State lost to average teams, so I'm not sure what the big deal in keeping them out is. What is the point of playing a whole season if the committee only ranks based on performance the last couple of weeks?

That said, I would like to see Baylor get in since they're my favorite of the potential teams. Really wish Oregon, Florida State and Ohio State had lost.

The committee might very well drop TCU. I'd consider that highly illogical, and I like logic.

They can be fluid all season, but the committee has to know that next year, they absolutely must tip their hand in that last week. Their rankings the week of the championship games must be in order of likelihood to still be in the top 4 the following week with the assumption that everybody wins.

TCU fans live so close to the CFP meeting room, that a bunch of fans could storm the outside of the building with signs and posters in attempt to influence the committee.

Is there a debate to be made for Oregon jumping bama back to 1?

yes. tv.

tv wants bama vs fsu. that game, if played in the south especially, would have enormous pull.

meanwhile oregon vs ohio state is a "traditional" Pac vs b1g matchup.

rankings will be:
1. Oregon
2. Alabama
3. FSU
4. Ohio State

book it.

Draxal

BYU, UCF, Boise St., find a way to wiggle ND out of that ACC agreement/ Cincinnati(?)

ND loves the deal they have with the ACC so they won't leave it, BYU is a nightmare due to their no playing on Sunday thing. Cincinnati/Memphis makes the most sense if you don't want to cause another WVU incident.

Is there any website the tracks what the BCS computers would've done with these rankings? I feel even Florida State at 4 is kind of disrespectful

ESPN's "BCS guru" Brad Edwards said earlier in the week it would be Alabama at 1 and Florida State at 2, but also acknowledged that under the old system, the human polls would have likely never moved Florida State off that top line (particularly after everyone else lost), so in that alternate reality, it would be FSU 1 and Bama 2.

MIMIC

Banned
My own preference would be to see both TCU and Baylor make it (as I am a fan of both teams and hate Winston and Fisher).

That said, taking off the field stuff out of the picture, Florida State deserves a spot due to staying unbeaten, even against an mediocre opponents and keeping it close. They remind me of the Ohio State back in 2001 or 2002 that won nail-biter after nail-biter.

Beyond that, no one team did what was asked of them, and the other three chosen should be grateful they get an opportunity. Everyone had a chance and stumbled at one point or another.

Baylor and Ohio State lost to average teams, so I'm not sure what the big deal in keeping them out is. What is the point of playing a whole season if the committee only ranks based on performance the last couple of weeks?

If either Alabama, Oregon, TCU or FSU lost this week, they wouldn't be in the top 4.

You're only as good as your last win.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
The committee might very well drop TCU. I'd consider that highly illogical, and I like logic.

They can be fluid all season, but the committee has to know that next year, they absolutely must tip their hand in that last week. Their rankings the week of the championship games must be in order of likelihood to still be in the top 4 the following week with the assumption that everybody wins.
I agree. It makes no sense to put TCU at 3 one week only to drop them the next week because they only played ISU. Well, you knew they were playing ISU when you put them at 3. What more do you want from them at that point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom