• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 2: Everyone Exposed but Idaho (and UCF, but they got Sandusky'd)

andycapps

I had to hold my nose.

If there's an 8-team playoff, I could see years in which 4 or 5 SEC teams get in.

:X

Meh, as long as my team gets in I don't give a rats ass about the other teams.

Personally I think that it should just be the top 8 regardless of conference or whether they're a Little Sister of the Poor like UCF.

I doubt that would ever happen, so then you'll have winners of each Big 5 conference, Notre Dame if they're ranked in the top whatever, and then maybe some Big 5 runners up.

KingGondo

Banned
Lack of conference champ game is going to kill the B12
playoff hopes
, should have taken ville/cinci/wvu when you had the chance.
I bet we'll still end up taking BYU and Cincy at some point.

We'll take Texas, Oklahoma, Texas Tech, and Okie State and resurrect the MDC. Search your feelings, you know it to be true.
While I was sad at the time about the MDC going kaput, I think this current situation is best for OSU's competitiveness.

Plus I won't have to stay up late as hell every Saturday to watch West Coast games.

Jhriad

If there were 4 power conferences and 4 playoff slots, for example, that would be a better fit, for example. Honestly I think that even if there were 6 or more power conferences and you just took 4 it would be better since the "left out" group wouldn't just be continually singling out anybody.

Can we just kill off the Big 12 and split their teams between the other major conferences then? Or we could just reshuffle all the conferences and somehow end up with the old Big 8 as the B1G western division. I'd be okay with that.

cdyhybrid

Six teams would basically be like one of the conference playoffs in the NFL.

1 & 2 get byes, 3 and 4 host 6 and 5 respectively.

I just think 6 teams isn't enough. I'd like to see 8 or even 12.

Jhriad

12 is too big. The number of two or three loss teams that would get in would make the regular season far less impactful. Eight is the max I could see working without affecting the importance of the regular season and I have reservations with even that many teams.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!

Why stop at 12? Why not 120?

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Headed down to Reno. Hopefully our defense is as well. Go Cougs!

Schmitty

Penn State #29 in AP...here we go!

(FRI) Pittsburgh @ Boston College by 4
Kansas State @ Iowa State by 7
Central Michigan @ Purdue by 10
Navy @ Temple by 7
Fresno State @ Utah by 6
USC @ Stanford by 4
Maryland @ South Florida by 6
Michigan State @ Oregon by 4
Michigan @ Notre Dame by 8
BYU @ Texas by 8
Virginia Tech @ Ohio State by 9
Colorado State @ Boise State by 7

Westonian

TTK Presents: GAF Pick'em Week 2 Games
(all games Saturday unless otherwise marked)

(FRI) Pittsburgh @ Boston College by 4
Kansas State @ Iowa State by 7
Central Michigan @ Purdue by 10
Navy @ Temple by 10
Fresno State @ Utah by 7
USC @ Stanford by 4
Maryland @ South Florida by 6
Michigan State @ Oregon by 7
Michigan @ Notre Dame by 5
BYU @ Texas by 10
Virginia Tech @ Ohio State by 7
Colorado State @ Boise State by 6

Ganhyun

Does that make Florida's loss retrospectively less embarrassing?

No. The answer is no.

Oh of course not.

I mention it because it helped move them out of FCS into FBS

(I know it really didn't, that plan was in effect long before that win)

Go Ducks.

image.php

Go Sparty.

image.php

lmao

Why stop at 12? Why not 120?

256 teams, 8 rounds.

For those keeping score at home, that's 3 conference games, 2 non-conference games against FCS opponents, a potential conference championship game, and then the tournament starts.

Teams that lose early get to #sticktocooking.

So who is your least unfavorite P12 team now?

Colorado of course.

Blue had better beat the Domers.

As much as it's a coinflip in my head, UM's pretty much owned their asses, with their only recent loss coming in a game where Denard threw like 12 ints and they still only lost by 6, and on the road no less.

For my part I'm completely in the dark as to how good or not good UM is going to be this year, and even throttling ND won't say all that much. It's all about beating you fools and tMCU, and not dropping a gimme along the way. I say even if they're "bad" they can go 9-3 with that creamy schedule.

To Hell with Notre Dame.

Go Blue.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Oh hey, Florida state is actually going to at least go through the motions 2 years later.

Slow clap.

Oh hey, Florida state is actually going to at least go through the motions 2 years later.

Slow clap.
This whole situation is ridiculous, read in the article they stopped one of ghe previous investigations because Winston was uncooperative. Hahahahaha. They got what they wanted, now they can just give him some probation in a few weeks or make him sit out the first half against Rice or FAU

Offensive tackles Desmond Harrison and Kennedy Estelle have been suspended for the Longhorns' game against BYU on Saturday due to a violation of team rules, the school announced Wednesday.

Without Harrison, Estelle and senior center Dominic Espinosa, Texas now has the youngest starting offensive line in the nation with a combined five career starts. Espinosa suffered a broken ankle against North Texas and could miss the season.

Tyrone Swoopes is mobile, but I expect him to be sacked at least 6 times against BYU. It will be an ugly low scoring game.

Karl2177

Heads up for picks on the Iowa State/Kansas State game, one of Iowa State's starting offensive tackles quit the team today. This means an even more inexperienced OL for Iowa State.

pxleyes

Banned
(FRI) Pittsburgh @ Boston College by 7
Kansas State @ Iowa State by 10
Central Michigan @ Purdue by 13
Navy @ Temple by 13
Fresno State @ Utah by 7
USC @ Stanford by 4
Maryland @ South Florida by 4
Michigan State @ Oregon by 4
Michigan @Notre Dame by 4
BYU @ Texas by 7
Virginia Tech @ Ohio State by 14
Colorado State @ Boise State by 14

Jhriad

I really want to pick Michigan State but I don't really think they're as good as most folks think they are. Combine that with a road game that's pretty far from home I have to wonder how well they'll perform. Too bad really, they're probably the B1G's best hope for a playoff team after Wisconsin flubbed their game with LSU.

I really want to pick Michigan State but I don't really think they're as good as most folks think they are. Combine that with a road game that's pretty far from home I have to wonder how well they'll perform. Too bad really, they're probably the B1G's best hope for a playoff team after Wisconsin flubbed their game with LSU.

Recent history suggests that you should usually pick against the BIG. No offense to Sparty's actually impressive run of late.

Top Bottom