• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 2: Everyone Exposed but Idaho (and UCF, but they got Sandusky'd)

Draxal

Jesus. Did this guy actually watch the Wisconsin-LSU game? I find it hard to believe anyone watched that game and said "wow, these are two of the best teams in the country"

If Wisconsin had a Heisman caliber running back I think they would be a really good team. Or a quarterback that went for 2,500 yards with a 22/13 td/int rate in his redshirt soph year.

andycapps

AwxMrO.gif

You're my favorite ACCACCACC poster.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Jesus. Did this guy actually watch the Wisconsin-LSU game? I find it hard to believe anyone watched that game and said "wow, these are two of the best teams in the country"
Wilner is infamous for his "against the grain" picks. The only reason why I know the name Jon Wilner is because he always makes asinine picks. I guess this means his strategy is working. Kudos to him.

tokkun

Agreed, this one hurt almost worse than the several OT/last second bomb pass losses to Mich St and OSU the past few years.

They need to sort this shit out quick. Without a passing attack at all, teams'll put 10 men in the box every play, and it won't matter how good Gordon is at that point.

I really thought this was a different Badger team that first half. Impressed by the defense. But man, the play calling, still so predictable. Run, run, desperation pass!

Go back to the tight end passes, start out that way, quick slants. Seemed almost every pass from that clown was a desperation bomb.

Wasted opportunity with the light schedule if they can't get this fixed.

I don't think much is going to get sorted out this season. The base problem is the inability to develop quarterbacks and receivers since Paul Chryst left. We had Toon, Abbrederis, and Pedersen back in 2011, and there have been no productive receiving targets produced since. For the last 4 years, all of the QBs have been transfers or walk-ons.

Andersen has managed to recruit a few 3 and 4-star receivers and a 4-star QB, but they are still freshmen. Hopefully there will be some improvement in the WRs over the course of the year, but realisitically I think we are looking at at least one more year if not two before we see if the new staff has really improved in developing these players.

Tallahassee is worse, trust me (though not by much). I've lived both here and in Gainesville. Because of our location in the panhandle, we get basically no ocean breeze, and the gulf also traps storm systems over the city. Tallahassee is typically one of the hottest / most humid cities in Florida in the summer despite being basically as far north as you can be in Florida. It's also one of the coldest cities in Florida in the winter.

Well it's really a matter of degrees between cities in Florida in the summer. They're all going to be hot as balls almost every day. Tallahassee is just hot as balls with less breeze.

Yeah, Gainesville is below sea level (as I've heard, not actually researched), no breeze at all. Plus the republican hippies (somehow it's possible) that run the city won't let a plant be killed ever. So really, it seems we have something in common. Hah.

Sounds like Florida forfeited, to me. Chalk it up as an L.

i.e. No one wants to give up that bye week before GA and whoever the Vandals play.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I just heard that Tennessee played 21 true freshmen this past weekend, and that they had zero returning starters this season on both lines of scrimmage. Crazy if true.

jakncoke

Banned
I forgot how far the Vols program has fallen. 4 straight sub .500 years and last time they won at least 8 and last time time they won a bowl was 2007.

I just heard that Tennessee played 21 true freshmen this past weekend, and that they had zero returning starters this season on both lines of scrimmage. Crazy if true.

An old guy from work says "they got too big for their britches" and ousted Fulmer to get Kiffin, which started the downfall. I don't know if Jones is the savior, but he'll do much better than Dooley.

(FRI) Pittsburgh @ Boston College by 6
Kansas State @ Iowa State by 24
Central Michigan @ Purdue by 4
Navy @ Temple by 10
Fresno State @ Utah by 7
USC @ Stanford by 10
Maryland @ South Florida by 4
Michigan State@ Oregon by 6
Michigan @ Notre Dame by 7
BYU @ Texas by 4
Virginia Tech @ Ohio State by 14
Colorado State @ Boise State by 14

Ohio state on damage control over the "text people standing thing" the AD has been on every local news station saying that bots true and not sure how it got on there.

I swear, gene smith is an idiot.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently the rumor on Orangebloods is that Kennedy Estelle and Desmond Harrison, their two starting offensive tackles, have left the team. That's 3 of their 5 starting OL that are now gone.
Just give in. Join us!

I refuse to believe you're a real Oklahoma fan. You've been posting for a week but haven't hit the inevitable 10,000 repetitions of "Boomer Sooner" yet.

cashman

Banned
Daje and Josh Turner will probably be kicked off too soon enough.

edit: Not so fast maybe?
@mikefinger 13m

In text messages, Texas OLs Kennedy Estelle and Desmond Harrison both say they're still on the team. @DMcComasOB reports they're dismissed.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Daje and Josh Turner will probably be kicked off too soon enough.

edit: Not so fast maybe?
@mikefinger 13m

In text messages, Texas OLs Kennedy Estelle and Desmond Harrison both say they're still on the team. @DMcComasOB reports they're dismissed.

Interesting.

FazFtxg.png

Subitai

Well, now that we have that cleared up, I can go back to focusing on the MACrifice MACtion coming up this weekend.

lawl. If only you knew about some of the stuff that goes on at just about any major program with regard to high profile players... Players randomly getting a car is pretty common, though they're usually only allowed to "borrow" it while in school. My cousin is best friends with a certain talented former player (hint: he played in a semi-recent National Championship) and players getting cars or housing was not out of the ordinary. It was also common to be a party and some booster's kid comes up and hands you a paper bag full of cash. It's funny when people make a big deal out of players speaking publicly about the money, cars, etc that they accept. The entire system designed to keep players from getting some sort of compensation is hilariously broken.

I was going to say Paul Dee was spinning I'm his grave, but as long as USC isn't doing it I don't think he cares.

Jerbs

I refuse to believe you're a real Oklahoma fan. You've been posting for a week but haven't hit the inevitable 10,000 repetitions of "Boomer Sooner" yet.

Ah, Boomer Sooner. Music to my ears...
Let me at least un-junior myself before I release the OU rhetoric.

And well played Gondo. I was rooting for you guys. That was a great showing. That much new talent, and giving FSU quite the scare.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
How is Arizona only a 7 point favorite over UT San Antonio? I would take AU in a heartbeat. They will win by 17 at least, book it.

Looks like they're just suspended for BYU

@LonghornNetwork 47s

Per Texas, Kennedy Estelle and Desmond Harrison suspended for BYU only. Texas says both players are still members of the team.

Damn. I thought Desmond Harrison's suspension was over. We need him, and Daje back on offense especially.

Chris R

(FRI) Pittsburgh @ Boston College by 10
Kansas State @ Iowa State by 7
Central Michigan @ Purdue by 10
Navy @ Temple by 7
Fresno State @ Utah by 14
USC @ Stanford by 10
Maryland @ South Florida by 7
Michigan State @ Oregon by 17
Michigan @ Notre Dame by 10
BYU @ Texas by 10
Virginia Tech @ Ohio State by 7
Colorado State @ Boise State by 14

Taking a big risk on MichSt but for some reason I think they are gonna blow Oregon out.

So when Oregon wins by 28 or something like that don't blame me

Top Bottom