• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 4: Jerry was a UCLA Quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
You just got served.
Nah. He's dropped 2 or 3 easy catches so far.

Someone put "Stop Kicking" over this image:

0BF7CtJ.jpg

You can drop kick it. Catch the snap, drop it to the ground and kick it as it bounces up

ok. so it has to touch the ground before kicking it through the goals?

A drop kick is how the old fashioned Aussie footballers kicked it. They could drop kick it accurately for about 40m.

Why would you ever want to do that? It seems inferior in basically every way.

Like another poster has mentioned. A kicker with a rugby background may be more comfortable with a drop kick, but most kickers here usually come with a soccer background so kicking it off the ground is more comfortable.

The lay time I remember was Doug Flutie our maybe done other backup in New England doing it in garbage time for shits and giggles. Bellichik probably came in his pants.

Yeah I hadn't realized it had been so long since Flutie did that. Brees tried in the pro bowl in 2012 I think but he missed

Like another poster has mentioned. A kicker with a rugby background may be more comfortable with a drop kick, but most kickers here usually come with a soccer background so kicking it off the ground is more comfortable.

Rugby player would be more comfortable off the ground. They have field goals and conversions off the ground.

Australian footballer would be more comfortable with a drop kick. We kick on the run in Aussie football.

Aussie football is not Rugby, very different FYI.

squicken

Sorry for the late reply, but I see others have posted videos

The lay time I remember was Doug Flutie our maybe done other backup in New England doing it in garbage time for shits and giggles. Bellichik probably came in his pants.

Yeah that was the first I was aware of the rule. I think it was his last game and Belichick just let him do it

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Pointless field goal. Should have gone for it. Was a two td game. Still a two td game. Not like Kansas state is going to make a field goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom