• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 4: Jerry was a UCLA Quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Make sure you give us a head start the first half. It's only fair.

Just like last year i hope!

Clemson is always one of our favorite games. A rivalry so it is fun, but I don't hate them like I hate Miami and Florida, so if we lose, eh not that huge a deal.

Stupid Miami.

I closed on my house Wednesday last week (hurray!)
My new larger-than-what-I-had-before TV arrived and was mounted this past Tuesday (hurray!)
My furniture arrives tomorrow (hurray!)
Cable dude comes out... next Tuesday.

I'll be watching Florida State/Clemson on my old busted TV in my apartment.

Just like last year i hope!

Clemson is always one of our favorite games. A rivalry so it is fun, but I don't hate them like I hate Miami and Florida, so if we lose, eh not that huge a deal.

Stupid Miami.
That sounds about right. I'd put South Carolina and Georgia Tech way ahead of FSU for most heated rivals. FSU just ends up being important than hated.

Georgia Tech @ Virginia Tech by 7
Iowa @ Pittsburgh by 7
Maryland @ Syracuse by 4
North Carolina @ East Carolina by 9
Rutgers @ Navy by 4
Utah @ Michigan by 4
Mississippi State @ LSU by 13
Oklahoma @ West Virginia by 10
Clemson @ Florida State by 7
California @ Arizona by 10

I mean... really?

Is it now the SOP to let a first announced punishment be a trial balloon? "How'd that one go over, hoss?" "Not good, Earl. More helium this time."

cashman

Banned
TTK Presents: GAF Pick'em Week 4 Games
(all games Saturday unless otherwise marked)

(THU) Auburn @ Kansas State by 11
(FRI) Connecticut @ South Florida by 4
Georgia Tech @ Virginia Tech by 7
Iowa @ Pittsburgh by 5
Maryland @ Syracuse by 4
North Carolina @ East Carolina by 7
Rutgers @ Navy by 6
Utah @ Michigan by 4
Mississippi State @ LSU by 17
Oklahoma @ West Virginia by 6
Clemson @ Florida State by 4
California @ Arizona by 4

Edited with my changed pick for the FSU Clempson game

rip in pieces fsu

And USF? I just generally don't like them. They act like they're all that and cling to that one time they were ranked #2 for like a week seven years ago.

They were a key player in the destruction of the Big East. They got in before us, which stings of course. But they did nothing with that opportunity. Except beat ND I guess which is a noble thing to do.

They now draw flies to their games, inflate their attendance numbers to ridiculous numbers, have lost multiple satellite campuses over the years, tries to implement this separate university system which is dumb, etc. They're a house of cards. Oh and they're salty about the creation of Florida Polytechnic University. Funny watching them squirm over it.

Petty I guess. But fuck it. I don't care.

Interesting. I wonder if he was giving more attitude. Kid is so dumb.

Oh well, Go Maguire!

Has to be a power play of some kind. Like, "you need me, I can do what I want". Good for the coaches for "jeopardizing" their shot at the playoffs by suspending him.

My buddy (FSU fan) and I were discussing your QB signees at lunch today. He was saying how FSU signed top recruits at QB for several years. I reminded him of Driskel and Brantley. His face fell pretty hard when he thought about it.

Small victories.

Been saying for a while now theres no way Winston will go his entire career without getting suspended for a whole game, hes a time bomb

Unless you're counting his NFL career, you would be incorrect.

Icalledit.gif

Has to be a power play of some kind. Like, "you need me, I can do what I want". Good for the coaches for "jeopardizing" their shot at the playoffs by suspending him.

My buddy (FSU fan) and I were discussing your QB signees at lunch today. He was saying how FSU signed top recruits at QB for several years. I reminded him of Driskel and Brantley. His face fell pretty hard when he thought about it.

Small victories.
No jeopardy at all!

ESPN just got done talking about the committee. They take into account certain players not playing in losses and give some leniency if they don't play due to injury or "other factor."

Enfinit

For some reason, Jameis being out makes me more excited to watch tomorrow's game. I'm eager to see Macguire's abilities and also for the possibility for us to crumble.

I feel like I have Alabama Fan Syndrome, where every game's boring because we anticipate a blowout or convincing win. There's actually drama now! Hooray!

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I feel like I have Alabama Fan Syndrome, where every game's boring because we anticipate a blowout or convincing win. There's actually drama now! Hooray!
You clearly don't read our comments during Bama games.

No jeopardy at all!

ESPN just got done talking about the committee. They take into account certain players not playing in losses and give some leniency if they don't play due to injury or "other factor."

No chance for manipulation of any kind there. Now I'm wondering if that factored into the full suspension. (Probably not, but expect plenty of tinfoil speculation)

Felt good, eh?

For some reason, Jameis being out makes me more excited to watch tomorrow's game. I'm eager to see Macguire's abilities and also for the possibility for us to crumble.

Like us when Spurrier and Mullen left. Mea culpa, I blamed Mullen instead of Meyer initially.

Jerbs

FSU needs to be investigated. For real. Talking about a sexual act is a one game suspension now. Allegedly forcing that same sexual act is blown off and ignored for almost 2 years. This is disgraceful.

FSU needs to be investigated. For real. Talking about a sexual act is a one game suspension now. Allegedly forcing that same sexual act is blown off and ignored for almost 2 years. This is disgraceful.

Hey now! He was suspended for a baseball game, he more than got his fair share of punishment!

Jerbs

Hey now! He was suspended for a baseball game, he more than got his fair share of punishment!

Pryor got some tats and missed like 8 games?

Edit; I got the sarcasm. You're a Buckeye. I hate all the OSU's.

Poor Oregon State. You did me no wrong. 3 letters gives me that hate.

rip in pieces fsu

And USF? I just generally don't like them. They act like they're all that and cling to that one time they were ranked #2 for like a week seven years ago.

They were a key player in the destruction of the Big East. They got in before us, which stings of course. But they did nothing with that opportunity. Except beat ND I guess which is a noble thing to do.

They now draw flies to their games, inflate their attendance numbers to ridiculous numbers, have lost multiple satellite campuses over the years, tries to implement this separate university system which is dumb, etc. They're a house of cards. Oh and they're salty about the creation of Florida Polytechnic University. Funny watching them squirm over it.

Petty I guess. But fuck it. I don't care.

Is USF vs. UCF even a real rivalry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom