• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 4: Jerry was a UCLA Quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.

andycapps

last night's espn doco was on Steve Spurrier.

Man, that guy is a bit of a legend. I always liked him but he's done pretty much everything in college football.
You talking about the one called The Believer? I recorded it a few weeks ago. Honestly, I'm not sure how I like seeing him behind the scenes when he's not yucking it up for the cameras. But yeah, it was a good documentary.

You talking about the one called The Believer? I recorded it a few weeks ago. Honestly, I'm not sure how I like seeing him behind the scenes when he's not yucking it up for the cameras. But yeah, it was a good documentary.

yeah it was "The Believer".

I didnt watch the last 20mins or so, but I never knew he won the Heisman or his early days at Duke or Florida. Before week 1 this year, when ESPN had a couple of articles on him, I assumed he had been at SCAR his whole coaching career!

He thinks a lot like I like to think I do when I coach or captain sporting teams. Always positive and try and put belief and confidence in your own players. And then make sure youre having fun at the same time.

COMPLETE THIS SENTENCE

"The Bears are what we thought they were! That's why we took the _____!"

Your answer is important.

I was being a little facecious. The answer is "field" (I think).

I was watching one ESPN doco and the showed highlights from an old bowl game and the commentator said something along the lines of "Welcome to the Rose Bowl, where Team A and Team B will fight it out over the gridiron".

So gridiron is also correct but old fashioned?

A pitch is actually a description of it as well, as far as I am concerned, as it is a rectangular playing surface e.g. a cricket pitch is the rectangular playing surface in the middle of the oval field they play cricket on.

Jhriad

I sure don't see how it is offensive to the victims. I'd be pleased, as a victim, that someone is continuing to point out the complete lack of institutional control and negligence that allowed the abuse to occur.

Yes, I'm sure if you had been raped or abused you'd be happy with signs depicting the various acts reminding you of an extremely difficult and traumatizing time in your life. I would hope everyone would recognize the need to be sympathetic to the plight of individuals that have gone through these events and realize that imagery like that would probably bring up a lot of memories they would rather not have to confront, especially in a public place like that. If you want to make a statement about Penn State itself you can find less potentially hurtful ways than a picture of a kid being forced to perform oral on an adult.

I was being a little facecious. The answer is "field" (I think).

I was watching one ESPN doco and the showed highlights from an old bowl game and the commentator said something along the lines of "Welcome to the Rose Bowl, where Team A and Team B will fight it out over the gridiron".

So gridiron is also correct but old fashioned?

A pitch is actually a description of it as well, as far as I am concerned, as it is a rectangular playing surface e.g. a cricket pitch is the rectangular playing surface in the middle of the oval field they play cricket on.

I like the term gridiron. It's usually used when a reporter or narrator is trying to be poetic, and it makes me hear old NFL music in my head.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Yes, I'm sure if you had been raped or abused you'd be happy with signs depicting the various acts reminding you of an extremely difficult and traumatizing time in your life. I would hope everyone would recognize the need to be sympathetic to the plight of individuals that have gone through these events and realize that imagery like that would probably bring up a lot of memories they would rather not have to confront, especially in a public place like that. If you want to make a statement about Penn State itself you can find less potentially hurtful ways than a picture of a kid being forced to perform oral on an adult.
I can't speak for everyone, buy I'm fine with the image on that banner. I hope that a damn long time passes before people tire of reminding Penn State football of Sandusky and what he did.

Subitai

yeah it was "The Believer".

I didnt watch the last 20mins or so, but I never knew he won the Heisman or his early days at Duke or Florida. Before week 1 this year, when ESPN had a couple of articles on him, I assumed he had been at SCAR his whole coaching career!

He thinks a lot like I like to think I do when I coach or captain sporting teams. Always positive and try and put belief and confidence in your own players. And then make sure youre having fun at the same time.
This makes me feel so old. :(

His Danny Wuerffel Fun & Gun Gata teams in the 90s were ridiculous and always smashed Peyton's Vols. Then they ran into..er got run over by Nebraska in 96. Tom Osborn was like, "Oh, you're gonna spread EVERYONE out wide? Well, screw sack you." One of the few pre BCS MNC games w/ two undefeated teams, and it was a total let down.

I don't know how long it will be up, but here is said 96 Fiesta Bowl:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yngpcemjkww

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
(THU) Auburn @ Kansas State by 5
(FRI) Connecticut @ South Florida by 12
Georgia Tech @ Virginia Tech by 12
Iowa @ Pittsburgh by 3
Maryland @ Syracuse by 3
North Carolina @ East Carolina by 7
Rutgers @ Navy by 6
Utah @ Michigan by 5
Mississippi State @ LSU by 17
Oklahoma @ West Virginia by 16
Clemson @ Florida State by 8
California @ Arizona by 5

Picking 6 road games this week, that will surely help me get a leg up in the standings, right? :)

Enfinit

Jameis sucks.

I actually had a friend send me a video of him doing it. What a fucking idiot.

For those of you that don't know, Jameis found himself standing on a table in front of the HBC building FSU's campus, a.k.a. the most crowded spot on campus mid-day, and proclaimed to the heavens, multiple times, "Fuck Her Right in the Pussy."

Fuck you, Jameis. You fucking suck.

Enfinit

TTK Presents: GAF Pick'em Week 4 Games
(all games Saturday unless otherwise marked)

(THU) Auburn @ Kansas State by 10
(FRI) Connecticut @ South Florida by 4
Georgia Tech @ Virginia Tech by 7
Iowa @ Pittsburgh by 6
Maryland @ Syracuse by 4
North Carolina @ East Carolina by 4
Rutgers @ Navy by 7
Utah @ Michigan by 4
Mississippi State @ LSU by 10
Oklahoma @ West Virginia by 7
Clemson @ Florida State by 11
California @ Arizona by 6

bachikarn

(THU) Auburn @ Kansas State by 4
Georgia Tech @ Virginia Tech by 4
Iowa @ Pittsburgh by 4
Maryland @ Syracuse by 4
North Carolina @ East Carolina by 4
Rutgers @ Navy by 4
Utah @ Michigan by 4
Mississippi State @ LSU by 4
Oklahoma @ West Virginia by 4
Clemson @ Florida State by 4
California @ Arizona by 4

The HeismanPundit.com Heisman Straw Poll, 9/16/2014

Total Points (with first place votes in parentheses)

1. Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon — 23 (6)

2. Todd Gurley, RB, Georgia — 16 (3)

3. Kenny Hill, QB, Texas A&M — 10 (1)

4. Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State — 7

5. Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama— 3

6. Taysom Hill, QB, BYU — 1

How do they know this already.

And congratulations on your 0-3 next October.

Well OOC games are scheduled years in advance, and with the new rotating conference schedule its not too hard for them to fill in the rest.

The HeismanPundit.com Heisman Straw Poll, 9/16/2014

Total Points (with first place votes in parentheses)

1. Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon — 23 (6)

2. Todd Gurley, RB, Georgia — 16 (3)

3. Kenny Hill, QB, Texas A&M — 10 (1)

4. Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State — 7

5. Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama— 3

6. Taysom Hill, QB, BYU — 1

Well OOC games are scheduled years in advance, and with the new rotating conference schedule its not too hard for them to fill in the rest.
I know he won last year, but Winston has done really pedestrian numbers so far this year.

cashman

Banned
TTK Presents: GAF Pick'em Week 4 Games
(all games Saturday unless otherwise marked)

(THU) Auburn @ Kansas State by 11
Georgia Tech @ Virginia Tech by 7
Iowa @ Pittsburgh by 5
Maryland @ Syracuse by 4
North Carolina @ East Carolina by 7
Rutgers @ Navy by 6
Utah @ Michigan by 4
Mississippi State @ LSU by 17
Oklahoma @ West Virginia by 6
Clemson @ Florida State by 4
California @ Arizona by 4

Jay Sosa

You sure you didn't make a mistake with my points TTK? I was absolutely sure I had the worst week in pick'em ever.

Oh and nice graphs :D

Picks coming later.

My trajectory this season is not good. Last week was horiffic. Hoping to right the ship this weekend.

(THU) Auburn @ Kansas State by 12
(FRI) Connecticut @ South Florida by 14
Georgia Tech @ Virginia Tech by 8
Iowa @ Pittsburgh by 11
Maryland @ Syracuse by 9
North Carolina @ East Carolina by 6
Rutgers @ Navy by 10
Utah @ Michigan by 13
Mississippi State @ LSU by 18
Oklahoma @ West Virginia by 15
Clemson @ Florida State by 14
California @ Arizona by 20 (cyan special)

Meier

I actually had a friend send me a video of him doing it. What a fucking idiot.

For those of you that don't know, Jameis found himself standing on a table in front of the HBC building FSU's campus, a.k.a. the most crowded spot on campus mid-day, and proclaimed to the heavens, multiple times, "Fuck Her Right in the Pussy."

Fuck you, Jameis. You fucking suck.
Ahh, I was wondering what he said. Just saw this tweet which didn't go into details. The story mentioned the phrase was from a viral video -- I'm apparently out of the loop on that one.

RT @NoleSports: Jameis Winston to meet with media after reportedly shouting obscenities from FSU table top http://t.co/grcCbGrzLBJameis

Actually, now I remember a kid did it during SkySports' deadline day coverage. The football thread was apoplectic with laughter: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9XWvDqObZlM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom