• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 6: Michigan Men Play Through Concussions

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Bama and UCF having hockey teams is an even bigger mindfuck.

Unless they're just club teams or something and not D1 teams.

Technically, I think the Bama Hockey team is out of the University of Alabama: Huntsville. I might be wrong, and they now "operate" from Tuscaloosa.

But they play and practice in a suburb in South Birmingham (Pelham). I guess about 45-50 miles away. Seems like the season's about the start up.

They are a club team, not "officially" sanctioned by the University.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Technically, I think the Bama Hockey team is out of the University of Alabama: Huntsville. I might be wrong, and they now "operate" from Tuscaloosa.

But they play and practice in a suburb in South Birmingham (Pelham). I guess about 45-50 miles away. Seems like the season's about the start up.
UAH has a D1 hockey team and they still play in Huntsville. They're currently in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association, with teams distributed like so:
kz3bLPb.png

They used to be really, really good until they got fucked in conference realignment a la UCF. The even had an appearance in the NCAA tourney as recently as 2006 or so.

Bama's team is the "Frozen Tide," and it's a club team that plays in Pelham.

pxleyes

Banned
(THU) UCF @ Houston by 4 UCF can't be that bad after last year, can they?
(FRI) Louisville @ Syracuse by 14
Texas A&M @ Mississippi State by 4 STUNNER
Florida @ Tennessee by 4 Please?
Alabama @ Ole Miss by 21
Oklahoma @ TCU by 7
Stanford @ Notre Dame by 4
Wisconsin @ Northwestern by 10
LSU @ Auburn by 4
Michigan @ Rutgers by 10
Miami @ Georgia Tech by 4
Nebraska @ Michigan State by 7

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
(THU) UCF @ Houston by 7
(FRI) Louisville @ Syracuse by 7
Texas A&M @ Mississippi State by 10
Florida @ Tennessee by 3
Alabama @ Ole Miss by 10
Oklahoma @ TCU by 13
Stanford @ Notre Dame by 3
Wisconsin @ Northwestern by 7
LSU @ Auburn by 7
Michigan @ Rutgers by 10
Miami @ Georgia Tech by 3

andycapps

UGA cb Rico Johnson has been medically disqualified due to a neurological condition which has a risk of spinal damage. Feel bad for the kid.

“While we are very disappointed for Rico from a football standpoint, we feel extremely fortunate that he is healthy and that we were able to diagnose his condition and protect him from a possible catastrophic injury,” said Ron Courson, Senior Associate Athletic Director for Sports Medicine. “Although he cannot continue his football career, he should be able to have a normal life.”

“I'm thankful we caught this condition when we did,” said UGA head coach Mark Richt. ‘Now we can help Rico transition to life after football. He will stay on scholarship through his graduation and we will assist him in finding employment through the P.O. Network!”

MrJames

GAF Pick'em Week 6 Games
(all games Saturday unless otherwise noted)

(THU) UCF @ Houston by 6
(FRI) Louisville @ Syracuse by 11
Texas A&M @ Mississippi State by 7
Florida @ Tennessee by 10 :(
Alabama @ Ole Miss by 7
Oklahoma @ TCU by 11
Stanford @ Notre Dame by 8
Wisconsin @ Northwestern by 14
LSU @ Auburn by 6
Michigan @ Rutgers by 8
Miami @ Georgia Tech by 6

(THU) UCF @ Houston by 6
(FRI) Louisville @ Syracuse by 10
Texas A&M @ Mississippi State by 11
Florida @ Tennessee by 4
Alabama @ Ole Miss by 17
Oklahoma @ TCU by 21
Stanford @ Notre Dame by 4
Wisconsin @ Northwestern by X
LSU @ Auburn by 11
Michigan @ Rutgers by 4
Miami @ Georgia Tech by 7
Nebraska @ Michigan State by 11

I'm sure picking so many road teams is going to bite me in the ass.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
UGA cb Rico Johnson has been medically disqualified due to a neurological condition which has a risk of spinal damage. Feel bad for the kid.
Well, if there's one position Georgia has depth at it's DB, right?

Schmitty

Wait, why are there a good amount of people picking Houston for this game? Are they actually good this year?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

Wonder if it was something like what The Other Manning brother had.

That's his actual name. The Other.

Been holding off on "Mark Richt's lost control of..." comments for as long as I can.

Mark Richt's lost control of the Fields of Medical Diagnostic and Treatment.

Chris R

UAH has a D1 hockey team and they still play in Huntsville. They're currently in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association, with teams distributed like so:

They used to be really, really good until they got fucked in conference realignment a la UCF. The even had an appearance in the NCAA tourney as recently as 2006 or so.

Bama's team is the "Frozen Tide," and it's a club team that plays in Pelham.

WCHA represent!!! Looks like my Alma Mater plays Alabama Huntsville Jan 2nd/3rd next year :D

truly101

I got grudge sucked!

Right so the professor who was involved had his charges dropped and the person who was to "blame" for everything according to Butch Davis and Dick Badour. So guess what they don't have to worry about anymore

a) New seasons of Big Bang Theory
b)Ebola causing a zombie outbreak
c) Testifying under oath
d) Eating at CiCi's Pizza

ag-my001

Probably. Everyone else in the conference sucks.
A&M gets Ole Miss at home for the first time this year after traveling twice to Oxford. I figure we've got a decent shot of still being undefeated when we play Alabama.

I figure we'll mess it all up with a stupid loss to auburn or LSU.

Greenberry is a good receiver.

But he was someone saying some shit this week saying UCF wasn't good last year, etc.

So it funny seeing him drop passes and cause interceptions.

Top Bottom