• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 6: Michigan Men Play Through Concussions

IMO, FSU doesn't deserve a spot in the playoffs at the moment. Would slot A&M in.

Also, Sparty bound to take a hit from Oregon's loss today.

Oregon will need to win out and losses from most if not all of the contenders to make it.

FSU hasn't looked hot, but lets not act like A&M has looked like a top 4 team lately. Going to OT against a team that hasn't won an SEC game in like 2 years isn't a good look.

Balphon

IMO, FSU doesn't deserve a spot in the playoffs at the moment. Would slot A&M in.

Oregon will need to win out and hope that other contenders lose at least 1 game in order to make it.

I see the Machiavellian design for an all-SEC West playoff is coming together.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
FSU hasn't looked hot, but lets not act like A&M has looked like a top 4 team lately. Going to OT against a team that hasn't won an SEC game in like 2 years isn't a good look.

A&M still living off that SCAR game, which really isn't a huge win anymore. SCAR has looked bad for most of the year.

pN9T2cH.jpg

Oregon will need to win out and hope that other contenders lose at least 1 game in order to make it.

One again I have to say that the defending champs with no losses will not move from number one or not get a championship invite

Enfinit

Sure, some of FSU's wins aren't impressive, but they're wins. A W's a W in the win/loss column regardless of score. They found a way to win. Were they lucky? You could argue that. However, it's not like any other top-ranked team has really looked super-impressive so far this season.

FSU's the defending national champion, unbeaten overall, and sitting at the top of a power five conference (yes, ok, lolACC). But you can't ask for much more of a team.

It's gonna be hilarious watching the pollsters try and figure out where to put Arizona and Oregon, since Arizona can't really be placed below Oregon by any rational measure. They went to Autzen and beat them on their home field.

So does Oregon drop 20 spots? Does Arizona go from unranked to ranked #12?

What's the most a team has risen/dropped in a single week in the polls?

It's gonna be hilarious watching the pollsters try and figure out where to put Arizona and Oregon, since Arizona can't really be placed below Oregon by any rational measure. They went to Autzen and beat them on their home field.

Pollsters put Stanford ahead of USC two weeks after they lost to them. I think OSU was still ahead of VTech after losing to them at home.

ASU and USC both had huge drops after their losses.

Mississippi went from unranked to 15th just the other week after beating LSU (8th to 17th).

Michigan dropped from Top 5 to LOL after losing to Appy State. That might be the biggest drop I can remember.

I mean, Arizona's not SECSECSEC, but still, they should land a decent spot after this.

Balphon

Your mistake was ascribing rationality to the pollsters.

Though I think the biggest drop is still Michigan going from like #5 to unranked after losing to App State in 07.

I'd be mildly surprised if Auburn or Bama didn't finish unbeaten.

I could see an SEC and Big12 team being undefeated.

I would be mildly surprised if there is an undefeated SEC team. The SEC East is already a crapshoot and over the next month the SEC West will turn into the same thing in my opinion.

The winner of Baylor v Oklahoma will have the best chance of remaining undefeated in the Big12, however both of them have to play Oklahoma St in the last couple of rounds, and I rate Oklahoma State capable to defeat both of them.

ag-my001

Holy hell! I was so psyched about the Orioles game that I completely forgot a game was on last night. This'll change a few assumptions.

Waking up to seeing Oregon lost to another middle tier PAC12 team is always a good morning.

Oregon beat a top tier Big10 team earlier in the season though, where does that put tOSU?

Anu Solomon for Heisman.

Solomon >>>> Mariota

jk, I did not see any of the game, just the gamecast.

Comparing current teams with results at least five years old doesnt mean much, especially in college sports....

This current OSU team, with Miller injured, is a long way off playoffs at the moment. Oregon, even with this loss, will still be in the mix after this round.

is there a reason why the OSU wiki has not been updated since 2009? (Honest question:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Ohio_State_Buckeyes_football_team)

Comparing current teams with results at least five years old doesnt mean much, especially in college sports....

This current OSU team, with Miller injured, is a long way off playoffs at the moment. Oregon, even with this loss, will still be in the mix after this round.

is there a reason why the OSU wiki has not been updated since 2009? (Honest question:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Ohio_State_Buckeyes_football_team)

You wont get denial from me that the big 10 sucks and has for years now, this OSU team is young and getting together. Next season this team should be really good, they lose basically no one and potential to get Braxton back. Also the wiki goes beyond that, just change the years in the URL. Here is also the main wiki page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohio_State_Buckeyes_football

I'm sure glad the early game last night was the one for pick'em because I got 2 points instead of the 0 I would have gotten from picking Oregon.

Sotha_Sil

Didn't get to watch the Oregon game. Does their offensive line really suck that bad? It sounds like they've been owned two weeks in a row.

That Houston/UCF game was pretty damn exciting too. Goal line stand last year, and a fumble into the endzone this year.

@BruceFeldmanCFB 5h5 hours ago
Rich Rod is 53-15 is the three years before & three years after his time at #Michigan and that includes 4 Ws over Top10 teams.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Sure, some of FSU's wins aren't impressive, but they're wins. A W's a W in the win/loss column regardless of score. They found a way to win. Were they lucky? You could argue that. However, it's not like any other top-ranked team has really looked super-impressive so far this season.

FSU's the defending national champion, unbeaten overall, and sitting at the top of a power five conference (yes, ok, lolACC). But you can't ask for much more of a team.

Not picking on you but I HATE this term when applied to seasonal team sports. FSU isn't defending shit, they can't lose their national championship on the field, the team that beats them doesn't become the champion.

Didn't get to watch the Oregon game. Does their offensive line really suck that bad? It sounds like they've been owned two weeks in a row.

That Houston/UCF game was pretty damn exciting too. Goal line stand last year, and a fumble into the endzone this year.

I didn't see the game but the report said that Oregon had three offensive linemen out injured; these injuries happened last match with mariota getting sacked seven times last week.

Yes the offensive line is currently very bad for Oregon, luckily they have mariota though.

You wont get denial from me that the big 10 sucks and has for years now, this OSU team is young and getting together. Next season this team should be really good, they lose basically no one and potential to get Braxton back. Also the wiki goes beyond that, just change the years in the URL. Here is also the main wiki page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohio_State_Buckeyes_football

Braxton back for next year year hey? I thought he might elect for the draft given his injury so hey can get paid.

I didn't see the game but the report said that Oregon had three offensive linemen out injured; these injuries happened last match with mariota getting sacked seven times last week.

Yes the offensive line is currently very bad for Oregon, luckily they have mariota though.

Braxton back for next year year hey? I thought he might elect for the draft given his injury so hey can get paid.

He said hes coming back, but im personally not holding my breath. I think hes gone, but theres still a chance.

No, tolda ya'll brahs earlier in the week, their decided schematic advantage is gone and Helfrich can't coach.

Balphon

No, tolda ya'll brahs earlier in the week, their decided schematic advantage is gone and Helfrich can't coach.

I don't know about that. The team is still really talented, and I'm interested to see how they'll bounce back.

And even if they don't, we can all continue to collectively screw the B1G over.

Top Bottom