• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 6: Michigan Men Play Through Concussions

So which former Pete Carroll assistant does USC hire next?

I was hoping Haden was smart enough to move past that but I guess not. I mean, it's been 10 years since the peak of the Pete era and they are still afraid to let it go. Its not even the wins/losses because I can't say I was expecting a 11 win season or anything but just the way the team plays doesn't sit well with me at all. Sark hasn't put any sort of mark or identity on this team. Just another babysitter like Kiffin.

Jhriad

As if the night could get any worse. Hope Armstrong is okay. Only two more injuries before we officially have 20% of our scholarship athletes injured.

bachikarn

Maybe I'm being reactionary but Sark doesn't feel like much of an improvement over Kiffin at all. It's only 5 games in but the team still feels like a very raw and undisciplined group that gets by on pure talent.

Yeah, I didn't get firing Kiffen for Sark. Maybe Sark is better, but not by a huge margin. Kiffen wasn't a great coach or anything, but a lot of his issues was the scholarship reduction finally catching up with them. It wasn't going to get better this year. Is your AD just trying to recreate the Carroll era? Should have just gotten the best coach available than one with USC ties.

Also, didn't Kiffen get fired for losing to ASU, who ended up being a really good team?

Yeah, I didn't get firing Kiffen for Sark. Maybe Sark is better, but not by a huge margin. Kiffen wasn't a great coach or anything, but a lot of his issues was the scholarship reduction finally catching up with them. It wasn't going to get better this year. Is your AD just trying to recreate the Carroll era? Should have just gotten the best coach available than one with USC ties.

Also, didn't Kiffen get fired for losing to ASU, who ended up being a really good team?

Sark is a safe hire. I don't think he's a bad coach and like I said it's early but it was the safe name. It takes more balls (and talent) to go out and find a great young assistant or HC at a smaller school who might be ready for the big time.

Subitai

Wow, what a day. So many upsets, UCLA going down would top it all off, but I can't stay up to see if it happens.

I don't know if I'll get any points this week.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Hey Huskers got a TD. Now just 3 consecutive 3-and-out drives for MSU with 3 quick strike TDs for the Huskers and we have got this!

In case you missed the actual Hail Mary throw:

https://vine.co/v/OKmL6hO9xuu

How do you let that happen, USC? :lol

obviously the hail mary was inexcusable (and you could see the Trojan secondary guys eyeballing the ball and trying to position themselves to pad their INT stats instead of jumping to knock it down) but the thing that really pisses me off is twice in the 4th quarter having 9 point leads and letting the Sun Devils (with a backup QB) back into it. Not being able to close out the game just falls a lot on the coach to me.

Jhriad

Fyfe can throw bullets, but he needs to get accuracy

Supposedly he's really good with the short to intermediate routes but anything longer than 15 yards and Tommy was significantly more accurate. That's the last I heard about his passing ability in the offseason.

cdyhybrid

Hell of a catch by Dres Anderson.

It's probably a good thing UW isn't playing today. We'd lose to Sacramento State or something with the way things are going around CFB.

Wow, that Arizona State win. Unreal.

untitledpjsho.jpg

clav

Wow if the score holds, Northwestern will be first in the west division.

I can't believe this is happening.

Top Bottom