• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFBWeek5: Clempsoning | klmsneng | Verb | to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory

Status
Not open for further replies.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
This Mahomes kid is a fucking idiot. The last scholarship QB standing so, fuck it, he'll try to run the ball, too.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
The entire depth chart behind Webb is true freshman Mahomes, true freshman Testaverde, and true freshman Sullins. Mahomes is the only one on scholarship.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
No sacks given up all season, then we had two in a row, followed by THAT play. Great.

::edit::
Automatic first down on a penalty. Of course.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Well, we had a couple of embarrassing stretches, but overall we didn't play terribly, so I suppose I'm content with this outcome, especially with Webb going down and us having to play the backup for a quarter.

Going to be hard to find bowl eligibility this season.

KingGondo

Banned
Well, we had a couple of embarrassing stretches, but overall we didn't play terribly, so I suppose I'm content with this outcome, especially with Webb going down and us having to play the backup for a quarter.

Going to be hard to find bowl eligibility this season.
Phone died in the first half so I couldn't post my exasperation/happiness/frustration.

Always happy to win, but that was a very weird game. I've never seen so many deep passes attempted in a game, :lol. Garman "unleashed the dragon" on seemingly every pass play. I do love our young receiving talent, to be fair. Especially Washinton. Kid has a chance to be special. I just wish we'd mix in some mid-range passes. Not sure how much of that is the playcalling or how much is Garman.

The defense leaves some cause for concern, but I honestly give a lot of credit to Webb. He avoided pressure to find an open receiver several times, and the early playcalling by Tech was clearly designed to take advantage of our aggressiveness.

Glad we have an easy schedule until TCU on the road, so hopefully we can fix some of our issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom