• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFBWeek5: Clempsoning | klmsneng | Verb | to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy football tomorrow, CFB-GAF.

I'll be hating life. I have to get my old apartment cleared out this weekend. I've been over there after work Tuesday through today, and I have most of the things out of there that I'm keeping, so what's left is mostly getting everything out that I'm not keeping. And I'm doing it all myself. (I say all, but I'm actually leaving the furniture and washer/dryer for Salvation Army to have.) It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't on the fourth floor and the dumpster wasn't a zip code away.

Oh well, just one more day of hard-ish work (for me, someone who is incredibly lazy) and then another day to do some vacuuming and cleaning, and I'll be done. But I think I'll end up missing Florida State and NC State (3:30 ET), though I might be home later in the game.

I don't think my Nintendo 64 and Dreamcast will survive this move, by the way. They've been in crates for 7 years, untouched and never unpacked. The last time they were unpacked was 4 apartments ago, I've just been hauling them around from apartment to apartment because I wouldn't let go of them. No mas. Tomorrow, they're toast.

Vanderbilt @ Kentucky by 9
Maryland @ Indiana by 4
Florida State @ NC State by 14
Arkansas vs Texas A&M by 14
Minnesota @ Michigan by 7
Stanford @ Washington by 4
Missouri @ South Carolina by 7
Duke @ Miami by 4
Washington State @ Utah by 9
Illinois @ Nebraska by 7
Oregon State @ USC by 9

Draconian

Vanderbilt @ Kentucky by 10
Maryland @ Indiana by 11
Florida State @ NC State by 17
Arkansas vs Texas A&M by 14
Minnesota @ Michigan by 3
Stanford @ Washington by 6
Missouri @ South Carolina by 4
Duke @ Miami by 7
Washington State @ Utah by 7
Illinois @ Nebraska by 24
Oregon State @ USC by 9

Rest of Picks...

Vanderbilt @ Kentucky by 4
Maryland @ Indiana by 4
Florida State @ NC State by 9
Arkansas vs Texas A&M by 12
Minnesota @ Michigan by 4
Stanford @ Washington by 6
Missouri @ South Carolina by 6
Duke @ Miami by 5
Washington State @ Utah by 5
Illinois @ Nebraska by 4
Oregon State @ USC by 7

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
It's awful that I am not really getting to follow CFB much this year because it looks like it's been a crazy season already.

What. The. Hell. at the entire SEC West sans Arkansas being ranked and taking up nearly half the top 10.

You can make this shit up but when it actually happens, I don't even

I just don't buy this idea that Marcus Mariota is the best offensive player in Pac 12 history, even if you only count its two year history. And Helfrich cannot coach the offensive side of the game. Chip Kelly got out just in time before their scheme got exposed. He achieved something Charlies Weiss was never able to, the elusive decided schematic advantage. But when its gone, its gone. Pac 12 is just so deep now, with non of the inflated rankings of the SEC so it hurts. So much coaching talent in this conference.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Fuck this year's overall schedule.

I swear it gets worse each year. The schedule fucking sucks total ass again till fucking October. So far we've gotten like 1 or 2 good matches each week even though there are like 100 CFB teams.

Herby was tweeting about how people should petition their ADs cause it's obviously a known problem.

I swear it gets worse each year. The schedule fucking sucks total ass again till fucking October. So far we've gotten like 1 or 2 good matches each week even though there are like 100 CFB teams.

Herby was tweeting about how people should petition their ADs cause it's obviously a known problem.

Luckily my school's AD got the message years ago, but there've been plenty of great games so far this season. Granted they don't all have serious post-season implications and I'd love more top 25 matchups in general, but plenty of entertainment every Saturday.

I mean Michigan alone...

KingGondo

Banned
If you want better matchups you need to root for an 8-team playoff. ADs will be much less afraid of scheduling other marquee teams.

I also wouldn't mind if the power 5 conferences agreed to a rule that they can only play other power 5 teams in out of conference play (the SECSECSEC will never agree to this).

You'd also see a lot of great old rivalries resume like OU-Nebraska, UT-Aggy, and WVU-Pitt.

andycapps

:jnc

p6HD9UN.jpg

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Vanderbilt @ Kentucky by 10
Maryland @ Indiana by 7
Florida State @ NC State by 4
Arkansas vs Texas A&M by 7
Stanford @ Washington by 7
Missouri @ South Carolina by 10
Duke @ Miami by 7
Washington State @ Utah by 7
Illinois @ Nebraska by 21
Oregon State @ USC by 7

Vanderbilt @ Kentucky by 14
Maryland @ Indiana by 6
Florida State @ NC State by 14
Arkansas vs Texas A&M by 12
Stanford @ Washington by 14
Missouri @ South Carolina by 4
Duke @ Miami by 7
Washington State @ Utah by 8
Illinois @ Nebraska by 21
Oregon State @ USC by 11

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

Except last week and this week are conference games and nothing can be done about their quality.

Kacar

Isn't Kenny Chesney a Tennessee fan?

Could of sworn he was there for game day 2 years ago for the Florida game.

Edit: and he just said he was, no famous USCe alum could make it?

lush

Interested to see which Georgia defense shows up. I feel like this one should be better than what the line says.

jakncoke

Banned
Penn State is 13-3 against Northwestern each win we've scored at least 30 pts. In the losses we've scored 10, 7 and 7

lol penn st is 0-7 against yale

ffs ..

jakncoke

Banned
What a collision

wtf kind of play call was that on 3rd and 2, wildcat with an option of a reverse

and a giant return ffs..

Vanillalite

So how long till Bobo forgets he has Gurley as a RB and they choke in the redzone?

If you want better matchups you need to root for an 8-team playoff. ADs will be much less afraid of scheduling other marquee teams.

I also wouldn't mind if the power 5 conferences agreed to a rule that they can only play other power 5 teams in out of conference play (the SECSECSEC will never agree to this).

You'd also see a lot of great old rivalries resume like OU-Nebraska, UT-Aggy, and WVU-Pitt.

I've wanted an 8 team playoff since I was like 5 and could formulate the idea of a playoff. LOL

Penn State is 13-3 against Northwestern each win we've scored at least 30 pts. In the losses we've scored 10, 7 and 7

lol penn st is 0-7 against yale

ffs ..

0-7? When was the last time they played?

Weird fact, Indiana has a winning record all-time versus Nebraska. Yes, in the sport of football. I think the last time we played them was in the 70's though.

jakncoke

Banned
0-7? When was the last time they played?

Weird fact, Indiana has a winning record all-time versus Nebraska. Yes, in the sport of football. I think the last time we played them was in the 70's though.

1906 lol

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/play-index/rivals.cgi?request=1&school_id=penn-state&opp_id=yale

lol they outscored us 148-0 in those 7 games as well lol, i assume penn st will never get a chance to get a W against Yale

Also Penn St looks like shit today, guess they want to go 13-4

Vanillalite

YMMV as it's early

BUT

Tenn doesn't look overmatched against the Dawgs even in Athens. UGA has obvious defensive libalities in the secondary.

EDIT: Fuck Tenn missed a wide open TD.

Vanillalite

So here is how this is gonna go.

Tenn is gonna drive the field.
Miss a wide open TD.
Get 1st and Goal.
Not get a TD
Get a FG
Then UGA goes and scores takes the lead and blows them out

EDIT: NVM Tenn has balls today

Enron

Banned
More shitty play from the Georgia defense.

I am so fucking sick of this. Every single fucking year. It doesn't matter who they bring in, it's all the same shit.

lush

Welp, fantastic start. See if the D can stop them again.

Surprised the o-line has been so good so far. Playcalling has looked a hell of a lot better.

jakncoke

Banned
Is there a conference member as inept as Indiana against its conference foes?

Indiana vs. B1G

Penn St 1-16
Purdue 38-66-4
Illinois 23-45-2
Michigan 9-53
Michigan St 13-44-2
Wisconsin 18-40-2
Ohio St 9-70-4
Minnesota 26-38-3
Iowa 28-42-4
Northwestern 34-46-1

ffs that catch..

Vanillalite

More shitty play from the Georgia defense.

I am so fucking sick of this. Every single fucking year. It doesn't matter who they bring in, it's all the same shit.

Def feels like UGA is gonna have to outscore most teams this year. If UGA can't put up at least 30 against mid tier on up teams they probably aren't gonna win because their D is gonna give up points all day.

Is there a conference as inept as Indiana against its conference foes?

Indiana vs. B1G

Penn St 1-16
Purdue 38-66-4
Illinois 23-45-2
Michigan 9-53
Michigan St 13-44-2
Wisconsin 18-40-2
Ohio St 9-70-4
Minnesota 26-38-3
Iowa 28-42-4
Northwestern 34-46-1

ffs that catch..

As of 1994, Northwestern probably had worse all-time records but they have been consistently competitive since then.

Indiana has always been a basketball school, it hasn't been until the last 5 years or so that we have started to spend some money on the football program too. Our stadium and facilities have been upgraded quite a bit. Kevin Wilson's staff is the most we have ever paid for a coaching staff but we still are near the bottom on the league in coaching salaries. Hey at least we won the Big Ten in 1945 and 1967! w00t w00t!

We did go to 6 bowl games in 8 years under Bill Mallory in the late 80's/early 90's. Only one bowl in 21 years since then. :(

If we win today and next week, I think we will actually go bowling again. Not counting those chickens yet though. Nothing would surprise me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom